Grey's Anatomy

Flight

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 17, 2012 on ABC

7.6
  • The writing was poor

First of all, I don't mind that characters get killed, as long as they are killed in a good written way! Unfortunately this was not the case. The crash just suddenly happens, and all the episode goes into all this many emotions and drama, sadness, and so dark. But it felt out of place, like it wasn't like the end of the season of the shooting. The shooting had a scale of how it got a little tense until it got really intense. Here it was all climatic from the beginning, and the audience feels disconnected with whatever is happening here.

Lexi suddenly dies, without enough story to back it up, she was kill just to finish her role. I think Lexi was an excellent character, yes I know this is what the actress wanted, to leave. But I don't think that story wise, Lexi should have died. She could have just left, the same way Izzie did back then. And at the very least, they should have make her die at the end of the episode not so soon, it felt anticlimactic. And it's really sad because Shonda before this episode, has always written good episodes. George's death was a surprise because it was written well in a way you couldn't see it coming. But really a plane crashing? Lost has used this, Ghost Whisperer used this on a season finale as well.

It's a shame because the scenes that were taking place in the hospital with April, Hunt and the others were beautifully written. That you wonder how can those scenes match with the out of context airplane. I am not sure if I am going to continue watching, I mean all episodes before this well so perfectly written, in all seasons, and this episode felt like it was rushed out, like they had to record it really fast or something. So long for an amazing show!