Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

First main character to die?

Phrosty2004

[1]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    Grey's Anatomy is a comedy and drama, but primarily a drama, and like all other dramas, a main character dies sooner or later.  The people I'm considering main characters here are Meredith, Cristina, George, Izzy, Alex, Derek, Burke, Bailey, Callie, Addison, Mark, and Webber. 

Question is, who dies first and when?  I'm placing my bet on Callie next season, just a hunch.  The logical choice would be Chief Webber (expendable, especially if Ellis dies) or Burke (off camera issues), but for some reason I think it'll be Callie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kittycatster10

[2]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    I don't really agree with that, I like all of the main characters but if I had the choice to choose I would write Preston Burke off of the show.

Will_of_the_D

[3]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 14
    Phrosty2004 wrote:
    Grey's Anatomy is a comedy and drama, but primarily a drama, and like all other dramas, a main character dies sooner or later.  The people I'm considering main characters here are Meredith, Cristina, George, Izzy, Alex, Derek, Burke, Bailey, Callie, Addison, Mark, and Webber. 

Question is, who dies first and when?  I'm placing my bet on Callie next season, just a hunch.  The logical choice would be Chief Webber (expendable, especially if Ellis dies) or Burke (off camera issues), but for some reason I think it'll be Callie.

I like Callie. Mark can go for all I care, he acts like a spazz, and is just totally annoying. Of course, what a twist it would be if Meredith died and told the story from the grave like Mary Alice on DH. BUT, that probably wont happen.

wegie_man

[4]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 24

I find Callie annoying if they kill her off I won't be that sad. The only possible people who could ever get killed off would be:

- Callie (she's more a secondary character)

- The Cheif (he's leaving soon so if he dies it won't matter)

- Mark (same as Callie, plus everyone hates him)

aplourey

[5]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 34
    I love Callie and would be devastated if she is killed off. If George or Izzie were killed off I wouldn't care, but I would be one of the only people who feel like that.

_Live_

[6]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 11
    If anyone, Callie will be killed off because that opens vulnerable & single George up again, which i really like

AllyJackson911

[7]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 12

I think they have put George through enough what with his Dad's death, if Callie died it would break him.  I don't see anyone dying for a long time, its a hosptial drama.  ER went for years before they offed Lucy and that was at her request, she wanted to go out with a bang.

It think they have enough drama as is

onetreeanatomy

[8]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    _Live_ wrote:
    If anyone, Callie will be killed off because that opens vulnerable & single George up again, which i really like

I want George and Izzie to end up together, so if anyone is killed off i definetly want it to be Callie.

valerie328

[9]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    Derek... only because of the rumors about it's 'going there' i dont know... but i think either Mer dies maybe... hopefully not because i adore her, or Derek.

willlol

[10]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    well, i'd say Burke, given what's happening off-stage. And come to think of it, it would be great if he died, coz cristina would be devastated since he's just asked her to marry him and she said yes, and I love me some drama.

what i'd like:
    He could die just before the weddind ceremony, while Cristina is waiting for him at the altar.

if not burke, marc can die too, i so don't care about him, he's become totally useless in the show and I don't like his character. But then, his death wouldn't be really tragic to me and I wanna cry^^ I love callie, she really is funny

what would devastate me would be if izzie died, or cristina, or george, or mer, or der... oh hell, I love them all...

yep, let's kill Burke

yculotnanum

[11]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    why does so many people hate or want to kill off burke?.. I LOVE BURKE.. !!!

and they can't really kill meredith.. coz den how can the show b called GREY"S anatomy ... her name's in the title.. if neone.. it'd either be mark or callie.. which is a shame. .since their characters haven't really developed yet.. the chief.. dying is a good idea.. if neone has to be killed off..

marian16stix

[12]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 11
    The show is getting a bit crowded.

I think it might be the Chief. I don't want it to be him, but he's retiring soon, so it might as well be him. Logical choice anyway. I really want it to be Callie, because George just doesn't fit the husband profile for me. Not yet anyway. I want him to be single again, too!!

annuska87

[13]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    wegie_man wrote:

- Mark (same as Callie, plus everyone hates him)

I don't hate Mark. I think he's a jerk, but he looks great, and he puts something more to the show. (Even if he's a manwhore.) So I don't think he would die. And I don't think Callie would die, she just married George. I think Cristina could die, or Derek. It would be a huge twist if Derek died trying to save Meredith. I wouldn't be happy about it, but it would mix up the story-line a lot...

mcsteamyandme

[14]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 9
    why are we thinking that somebody will die? the show is great as is.. IMO, the show is not overcrowded.. i mean, at least we get to have a break from meredith-derek thing.. imagine if that were the only story going on. or christina and burke, or george, alex and izzie.. just now, i can read posts saying they're tired of the mer-der thing.. so let's give them a break and have something else to look forward to.. then the cycle repeats.. although shonda mentioned in her blog that she's worried that mer's in the water and she doesn't put people in the water for no reason, i dont think she means killing meredith or any other cast for that matter..

username0222

[15]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    I dont think they can kill off merideth because the show is named after her.

abbyrckz

[16]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    they wont kill her, shes the main character. and even shonda saaid that she wasnt going to die.

Will_of_the_D

[17]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 14
    Mark Sloane will die when Seatle Grace is hijacked in the sean finale. He will die protecting Addison.

ambika

[18]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    Think about it -- is Mer the one who comes back from the dead? I read something recently about GA peaking, and killing a character shows a certain kind of desperation. If it is Mer, bless her, she has no ID when she fell in the water, little clothing and a silent witness. Definitely exciting, as the voice over talks at the start about disappearances....Anyhoo, Mer has a sister in med school so another namesake could walk into the series -- not enough of a reason to keep mer alive. I love the show, but I feel a lack of caring for one character over another, as long as the quality of the ensemble stays excellent.

omaritoto

[19]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 18
    No one should die. I mean come on haven't we gone through enough with Denny?

If I had to choose, it'd be Burke. I love all the characters and I couldn't live with one of the following dying:

George
    Izzie
    Meredith
    Bailey
    Addison
    Alex
    Christina

McSmarty

[20]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    i read something online that made me think it may be *ulp* izzie!!. Apparrently Dennie is featured in the three-epi arc, but he's like dead. So maybe Izzie is going to die or almost die and we'll see her with Dennie in a better place. I SOOOO hope i'm wrong though.