Gizzie fan club thread 3 - George and Izzie: best friends, lovers, soulmates

chocomousse1

[61]May 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    The approval rating is not down 30%. LOL in a recent poll on an Australian site done AFTER the bad sex and anyone could participate, I did and I am Canadian, Gizzie scored a whopping 77% approval.

Thousands of people voted and the question was do you think Gizzie has sexual chemistry despite all the bad sex, 77% said yes, 63% said they were hot to trot, and 14% said they were hot and Izzie was just trying too hard, only 15% thought they had no chemistry and 8% thought they could have chemistry if Shonda gave them a chance.

They also won favorite Grey couple of all time with 51% of the the vote.

I gather you are talking about the Grey anatomy insider and ABC votes, which were both spammed. Well the ABC poll was spammed by a few Gizzie haters who admitted voting for hours against them. ABC got warned and there have been no new polls since.

As for the Grey anatomy insider poll, many Gizzie fans did not bother to vote because they said that we won most polls all though the summer and it had no effect, Shonda still dropped them and acted like we didn't exist.

But I can assure you, Fanforum has gained 85 Gizzie fans since the bad sex, 10 the last two weeks alone.

And the Gizzie LJ went over the 500 bar in the last few weeks.

We are gaining fans despite everything.

But yes there is spamming, the A and I fans are openly admitting to send multiple pro-A and I and anti-Gizzie letters i the last Grey matter, we just need to write more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

daisiesroses

[62]May 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    Hi you are not on the list, sushi, do you want to be added?

Yes I have seen Gizzie win the favorite couple showdown very recently, like last month so I think the Gizzie fans are just not wasting time voting everywhere. We won most polls before and Shonda still acts like we don't exist.

We have taken more time writing, on Grey matter (when they post us, as they seem to be censuring us lately, most of our posts are not printed), on EW, they post everything there and to the Grey mag, who have said they received loads of pro-Gizzie letters.

And posting everywhere, our fanbase is growing and being more vocal every day.

Even if Shonda is an idiot and never reunites them, we will never give up on them.

And when her ratings keep plummetting, maybe she will get ho angry we are

pinkrosie

[63]May 3, 2008
    The video is amazing, LCU. You captured the wonder of the Gizzie love. Shonda is an idiot, who is letting a minority group of haters scare her, which is why the program has gone to hell. Doesn,t change anything, Gizzie is true love and I will never give up on them.
    Edited on 05/03/2008 10:33pm

UltmtUltra_Fantasy

[64]May 3, 2008
    • level: 3

Hello everyone out there. My first post here. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I got extremely annoyed at the whole dropping of Gizzie thing. And then Shonda saying it was just a mistake! So I wrote a rant. Its quite long. 1000+ words lol. I do rant quite a lot But here it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah, there are a few comments. And you have to read them all! That sure would take a lot of time...and willpower, seeing as it looks like half the people are trying to push their own agenda down your throat!

Its especially funny when some people say to ignore all the hate comments from "gizze" lovers and then instantly try to promote alex and izzie! ha-ha some people here sure are funny!

So why should I be any different? Maybe I should take an "Alex" like approach. I'll tell you now. I'm going to push an agenda down your throat. No sugarcoating here. I wont pretend to understand how hard it may be for you to write storylines such as these, with fans screaming everywhere. I'm not a writer you see :p . All I can say is good luck!

So my agenda:

Gizzie. If you havent noticed by now I'm pro-Gizzie! Now I realize that they are not together because of the fan backlash. For some reason a lot of people hated the idea of Gizzie. And so, on the forums there was a big backlash.

Now I think half of that was because of the situation it occurred in. And I have to agree on that part. The whole George cheating on callie thing was wrong. I mean, I was always pro-Gizzie, BUT even I was not a fan of the way it happened.

This backlash seemed to give an appearance that Gizzie was "universally hated", a statement far from the truth. Yes, a lot of people were pissed, but have you considered

what DEMOGRAPHIC was pissed. Now lets consider the facts, this show has a lot of fans ranging from teenagers to 50 year old (I think the core demographic is 18-49. Nonetheless there are a lot of teen fans).

So lets split the shows fan base into two groups. The younger audience - the teenagers - and the older

audience - 20-25 year old onwards. Now lets assume that most of the older group have full-time jobs. I think this would a fair assumption.

Now let's destroy another assumption. Gizzie is NOT "universally hated". In fact many various polls and forums indicate that up to 60% of the people approve of Gizzie. Just check any such polls AFTER the Gizzie break-up. Why do I say AFTER? Because that is when the Gizzie fans started posting. Why is that? Why did these fans not defend their favorite couple when they were being bashed thoroughly by... well haters.

I think this is because the larger part of the Gizzie fan base (one which is much bigger than haters) belong to the older group. People who have full-time jobs. People who do not have the TIME or energy to - and pardon me for my use of profanity here - B***H AND MOAN, like many of the Gizzie haters did. People who are tired after a hard day at work and want to relax and watch their favorite drama...and hope their favorite couple on TV does not get destroyed because of teenagers spamming online. People - and this is my MOST IMPORTANT POINT - who earn the money. Yes, these are the people who have the money to BUY the shows box sets and whatnot.

I think you will find that the large amount of the haters are teenagers (and half of them are the same, teenagers creating multiple accounts). People who generally have more time to post on forums. People, who like to - and again pardon me - B***H and moan a lot. I think it has something to do with puberty and the fluctuating hormone levels . Or perhaps schools really are bad nowdays and these people need to let their frustrations out!

This makes sense does it not? Teenagers are the type to go for - and I quote - "hot bad attitude guy" and "hot blonde chick" couple. I think you would find as people get older, and shall I say more experienced in these matters, they go for the 'nice' guys. Which is why George - the geeky nice guy - and Izzie - the hot blonde chick - being a couple appeals to the older audience, that's the way it would be in an ideal world. But as we all know the world is anything but. So it's nice to have something like this in a show we watch, to remind ourselves of such a world. And perhaps we hope that one day it become so.

Again, this also why there was such a backlash against Gizzie. While normally it would be an idealistic couple, the situations it occurred were anything but. In an ideal world that viewers like to dream of, there is no CHEATING ON YOUR WIVES. So yeah, if perhaps Gizzie had come together in a different situation I think you will find they are not my haters left at all, even with the teenagers!

Anyways, enough philosophy, so back to my point:

Wouldn't Gizzie actually be more economically beneficial to the shows creators? I think yes.

Look at the ratings as proof. Did ratings drop when George and Izzie hooked up? Nope. Did ratings hit an all time low a few episodes after George and Izzie broke up (especially the last episode, which happened to be really good, by the way thank you for that). Yup.

Also look at the maturity levels of Gizzie haters. Their posts have been...lets just say not the best when it comes to maturity. What about Gizzie lovers. Self controlled posts with not much spamming. Infact some of us have only had to resort to spamming to dispel the urban myth that Gizzie is hated by everyone. It isn't. Nor will it ever be.

So the question is who are you going to listen to? Some teens who seemingly haven't yet mastered how to control their emotions OR paying customers. The choice is yours. But I'll tell you now; I shall be waiting for Gizzie to reunite in the end.

Well now I think I've said enough. I hope if anything, this has been an interesting read for you! (I would like to think it is better than the posts which try to push an agenda down your throat, without even making it interesting! But then again, I would think that, now wouldn't I? )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isnt it ironic, I used an Alex like approach to defend Gizzie lol. I guess he is useful for something!

So I posted this at the greyswriters blog. It hasnt appeared anywhere yet cus it was held back for 'moderation'. My ass. Lets see if it does post or not. So do you guys think this is any good? If so feel free to post it anywhere or email it to Shonda (just use my username or AS initials). Or tell me where to go to post or email because I dont have the time to look up where to do this.

Well I hope you had an interesting read! Look forward to hearing your comments on it.

P.S. No offence to any teenagers Gizzie fans out there. I happen to be one of those teenagers. I just happen to have a higher maturity level than most (I would like to think ), infact most Gizzie fans do!

P.S.S Crap, I just realized I posted the message on the blog with the swear words! Can somebody take them out alltogether (just dont say b***h and perhaps post it again (cus I'm sure that little word would be enough for them not to post it!). Sorry, I would do it myself, but I am really running out of time here for an assignment (especially after I used up god knows how much time writing it in the first place!) !

lcusoccer22

[65]May 4, 2008
    • level: 9
    How can Shonda just go back on what she already said?
    To be a good writer you have to be able to take the positive and the negative feedback!!!!
    And there's both gizzie positive and negative (more positive)
    but she's just focusing on the negative because she wants everyone to be happy, which obviously is not happening.

peachandcreamz

[66]May 4, 2008
    This is amazing amazing post. I hope they publish it. I have noticed in the last few blogs, quite a few pro-Gizie comments were not posted while anti-Gizzie one seem to all be posted.

Many of my friends and I have written pro-Gizzie comments with not one getting posted while A and I fans have bragged their anti-Gizzie pro=-A and I comments, multiple ones, have all been posted.

Moderation my eye, more like censuring favoritism.

Post it there too:
    http://www.fanforum.com/f210/

The Beautiful geek love thread for Gizzie fans

Also, do you want to be added here?

nickandtessfan

[67]May 4, 2008
    Wow, this is amazing, I really hope they post it.

I have noticed they are not posting pro-Gizzie comments anymore so we need to post on as many fan sites as we can

bibliorat

[68]May 4, 2008
    That message is amazing, you took the words out of my mouth.

And great video, LCU.

Gizzie has a huge fanbase and we will always root for them

UltmtUltra_Fantasy

[69]May 5, 2008

Thanks for your comments guys! And yes I wouldn't mind being added here!

I really dont get Shonda or any other of the writers. This is what they said when they started the whole Gizzie thing on their blog:

" And, trust us, we're taking Izzie and George to some pretty amazing places. Because, just like the theme of this episode, we have a plan."

Exactly what amazing places are they talking about. What plan are they talking about? Most of the time Gizzie was trying to get acceptance from everybody. And when they gained that, bad sex occurs? And then break up? THAT was their plan? What is up with that.

AND THEN Shonda states that this whole thing was a mistake. They were never meant to be a love story! What???

What annoys me is the contradictory nature of the writers. They said that they would make you BELIVE that it really was a love story, but then instead of putting the effort in good writing, they just take the cheap way out!

And did Shonda actually say it was just a way to get George out of the marriage? I mean if that is true, WHY DID SHE HAVE TO GO DOWN THE INFIDELITY ROUTE? WHY? What obsession does she have with INFIDELITY? I mean, do all these doctors have no sense of moral code! The only plausible explanation for Gizzie to even have STARTED in the first place was that they really truly must LOVE each other.Or else she REALLY should have chosen another way to get George to get out of it. I mean, she could have made George come to terms with his mistake of marrying Callie way too soon. Hell, that would have given T.R.Knight some good material to work with I think!

But, wait, I forgot, we're talking about G.A. Need to get out of a replationship? And fast? Don't worry, you can always cheat! You know, I happen to be a man of morals (and if the show is anything to go by, my kind seem to be dying out), and the way Shonda has treated this subject matter annoys me.

Let me make myself clear, I'm not annoyed at GA as a whole. In fact I wouldn't be annoyed that Gizzie ended, if the end of the relationship would have been more fleshed out, been given more depth. Not just "We're having bad sex, lets end our relationship even though we supposedly love each other". Because a real relationship is not just about sex (and I'm a guy and I know this, how the hell does Shonda not know that!). No, I am annoyed at Shonda for what her comments have been, some very contradictory at that. Still it's interesting to see how shes screwing with George and Izzie, there has been quite a bit of poor writing on her part. I mean I really cannot blame some of the backlash, because George did cheat on callie. Now that's bound to piss a lot of people off. But for him to cheat ONLY as a way to get him out of the marriage. Now that really f***s me off.

UltmtUltra_Fantasy

[70]May 5, 2008

Oh, and I just saw, my post hasnt been posted on the blog. Looks like they are censoring pro-Gizzie. That's actually quite funny. Do they really THAT desperately not want to admit that they made a mistake ending Gizzie. I mean atleast my post had some discussion to it.

What would be interesting is if one of us posted pro-Gizzie comment on there and then a few minutes after the same person should post an ANTI-gizzie comment. I actually wanna see, if the Anti-Gizzie post would be posted and not censored while the pro-Gizzie is not posted. Cus that really would be the icing on the cake lol.

sushi432

[71]May 5, 2008
    • level: 12
    chocomousse1 wrote:
    The approval rating is not down 30%. LOL in a recent poll on an Australian site done AFTER the bad sex and anyone could participate, I did and I am Canadian, Gizzie scored a whopping 77% approval.

Thousands of people voted and the question was do you think Gizzie has sexual chemistry despite all the bad sex, 77% said yes, 63% said they were hot to trot, and 14% said they were hot and Izzie was just trying too hard, only 15% thought they had no chemistry and 8% thought they could have chemistry if Shonda gave them a chance.

They also won favorite Grey couple of all time with 51% of the the vote.

I gather you are talking about the Grey anatomy insider and ABC votes, which were both spammed. Well the ABC poll was spammed by a few Gizzie haters who admitted voting for hours against them. ABC got warned and there have been no new polls since.

As for the Grey anatomy insider poll, many Gizzie fans did not bother to vote because they said that we won most polls all though the summer and it had no effect, Shonda still dropped them and acted like we didn't exist.

But I can assure you, Fanforum has gained 85 Gizzie fans since the bad sex, 10 the last two weeks alone.

And the Gizzie LJ went over the 500 bar in the last few weeks.

We are gaining fans despite everything.

But yes there is spamming, the A and I fans are openly admitting to send multiple pro-A and I and anti-Gizzie letters i the last Grey matter, we just need to write more.

I suppose my numbers weren't from the most reliable source but... things have changed a bit for the people who were on the fence with Gizzie. I never was on the fence so, like all you guys, I remain on the pro side. However, I'm sure that Shonda's lazy writing and her selling out are what may have made Gizzie at least a little less popular. I'm a pessimist, so I just don't know what more to expect from Shonda. I mean she sells out to the haters. Now what? Does she need to sell out to us now? I just don't know if I can even take her seriously. She could barely manage to take advantage of Gizzie's full potential when she was on our side!

KylsK

[72]May 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    UltmtUltra_Fantasy wrote:

Oh, and I just saw, my post hasnt been posted on the blog. Looks like they are censoring pro-Gizzie. That's actually quite funny. Do they really THAT desperately not want to admit that they made a mistake ending Gizzie. I mean atleast my post had some discussion to it.

What would be interesting is if one of us posted pro-Gizzie comment on there and then a few minutes after the same person should post an ANTI-gizzie comment. I actually wanna see, if the Anti-Gizzie post would be posted and not censored while the pro-Gizzie is not posted. Cus that really would be the icing on the cake lol.

When did you sumbit your comment to the blog? Because they don't add any over the weekend.

bibliorat

[73]May 5, 2008
    I know I have friends who send comments pro-Gizzie on the last three blogs and none of their comments were posted.

My friend and I did make your bet, she sent a very mild anti-Gizzie letter, she is not a fan and said they were better as friends in her opinion.

I sent mine at the same time.

Hers got posted, not mine.

She found it weird herself, that is quite telling.

missrainbow

[74]May 5, 2008
    I sent a comment too and it was not posted, they only publish the anti-ones.

I guess if all those pro-Gizzie comments get posted, they will see the majority of people love them

UltmtUltra_Fantasy

[75]May 5, 2008

KylsK, you are right, I did post in the weekend, which explains it not showing up. However, the weekend has come, and gone. And still no post.

Still, I am prepared to give the blog the benefit of the doubt. I have posted it AGAIN today. I am going to give it time to appear till the next epsiode, because if it doesnt by then...then its not going to. And then I really will be very annoyed. Because I actually did put a lot of thought into it, and for it to not even show up for no apparent reason, well that's just not right.

bibliorat, that is very interesting. Because now, it defintely looks like they ARE censoring pro-Gizzie posts. Not ALL of them. But quite a few it would seem. I think this matter needs to be investigated further. I mean its almost like they are blocking FREE SPEECH!!! It's just not right to do this. It really doesnt make any sense to me either. Whoever's moderating must REALLY hate Gizzie for many pro-Gizzie posts to not even show up! Because I'm sure the writers, or atleast Shonda likes Gizzie (from her past comments, and why else would she go down that road in the first place). This is extremely weird... and I'm not liking one bit of it.

sherules

[76]May 6, 2008
    They did post it this time around, days after. They still have not posted mine. I notice they do post some pro-Gizzie comments but a lot of them seem to never get posted while all the anti are. This A and I fan was saying she posted there times under different names and they all got posted and mine still hasn't, three days after.

I smell something fishy and warned Shonda about it and ABC.

linguisticlove

[77]May 6, 2008
    I got mine posted, but it was the first time in three blogs, they do seem to be trying to censur us and I do not like it one bit, we just need to be more active here and everywhere.

Will add you ultmt, your amazing post wa spublished by the way, just saw it.

teamgizzie

[78]May 6, 2008
    Hey welcome here, we got our 74 fans objective guys. The Gizzie love is growing stronger by the day

missrainbow

[79]May 6, 2008
    Yes it is and the haters are feeling threatened by it and trying to shut us up.

Shonda makes me so mad that she would pick boring easy disgusting alex and Izzie over complex and lovable Gizzie.

I am planning on making her know loud and claer I will never accept Alex and Izzie

teamgizzie

[80]May 7, 2008
    Shonda is acting like Gizzie never existed and right now she acts like they are not even best friends.

Even before they got together, Izzie was always jealous of all the other women in George's life, now she doesn't care about Lexie replacing her.

She is so convinced everyone hates them, she just want to make people forget them as a couple and as friends.

She wants Lexie to replace Izzie as both and Alex to replace George as Izzie's best friend and love.

But those people will never compare to George and Izzie's relationship.

Heck, even the non-Gizzie fans love their friendship.