Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

greys season 9 episode 1

Ingelief

[1]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 7

what a episode, i was hoping that they would show some woods and how it went down but they didnt. Also i hoped mark was only leaving now he is dead... and arizone is not working and a creepy guy is now on her spot! (PLEASE FIX that!) Let arizona with a prostatic work again with alex, than some would be normal. Also let christina get home to seatle that green isnt looking good on her.

So for me not so great episode! Hope next time will be better and more like we knew.. Also why is mer suddenly a monster? i mean yes lexie died and all its sad, because she and mark were my fav, but mer was always nice and this aint pleasent to watch.

What do you guys think??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrazyAsian1080

[2]Sep 27, 2012

I actually liked the fact they skipped ahead. It was a bit confusing at first, but as the episode went on I found the whole thing really well done. I especially liked the video clips of Mark.

One thing that got me was the new interns. How did they not know who Grey was, or her mother?

DougClark2

[3]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 3
    A solid episode all around, though a little confused by the promo for next week since it showed clips of the immediate aftermath of the group returning to Seattle...but still solid

Question: Is Christina in Minnesota because it was the best closest hospital to the crash site and she's too scared to get on a plane and go home? Why isn't she in California? Did I miss a detail?

bethelaustins

[4]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 8

I'm pretty sure that the next episode is going focus on what actually happened in the woods and why it took a week to find them.

littleditylum

[5]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 14

In "Migration," she said she was going to Mayo, which is in Minnesota. I was just assuming she drove there from Seattle instead of flying.

GreatnessGuru

[6]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 1

THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING PREMIERE EVER CONCIEVED.

I mean wow. This is brilliant, life changing and truly theological television.

Big thing out of the way.Absolutely wonderful to see Mark killed off. Instead of going the easy route Shonda Rhimes challenged everyone by having him die. Same with Lexie. There is no better and ingenious way to write them out, I cannot believe she thought of that. And it was so good to see a guy with this much charisma andpersonalitydie in such a quiet and unimpressive manner.

And honestly I am so moved. Now we have a resolution that is truly amazing and poetic and romantic. Lexie died and Mark soon followed LIKE HE SHOULD! To some that may sound utterly warped and twisted. But no. It's up there with one of the greatest love stories ever told.

Arizona. I am so indifferent about Arizona. It quiteworryinghow indifferent I am about her and it is so refreshing to see Arizona be punished so cruelly for no reason at all. It's just fitting for a character who is completely inoffensive, had theaudacityto have her surrogate brother get cancer and lose her friend and father of her adoptive daughter die to fall into a deep depression after her her wife removed her leg. I could never think of something asinspiring and justified as this.

Alex. 8 years of being a completely crass Jackass. He is still a completely crass Jackass. This is a truly impressive feat. As a character he has kept to his astounding conviction in the face of being shot, his wife leaving him, getting his mentor maimed, friends being killed family getting severe mental problems he is that insensitive to possibly the only person that looks out for him. I know they tried to ruin that with a showing of him being "noble" but luckily it was really weak and they had the foresight of making him an insensitive jerk before hand.

But if you are looking for the completelyinabilityto change or grow as a character. Which I truly am. Look no further than Cristina. We have ANOTHER attempt to see Cristina be humanised. And thank heavens we know this attempt isn't going stick and I am happier for it. But if they did follow through with it this time who knows what. I mean some say it's long over due and others may even say it's so long over due it wouldn't be believable in the first place.

When April returned it was fantastic. I just cheered relentlessly for the return of the most asinine character in this show. I cannot wait for her to return fully and waste more screen time than I could possibly imagine.

So to conclude. And if it wasn't obvious by now.

**** YOU SHONDA RHIMES!!!!

**** YOU. WITH YOUR RELENTLESSLY VINDICTIVE AND UTTERLY INHUMANE MEAN SPIRITED PIECE OF TRASH!!!

Honestly this is unbelievably reprehensible writing. She is torturing these characters for no reason. She is refusing to let these guys grow or learn from ANYTHING that has happened to them. And the by products to this are that Cristina and Alex have shifted from lovable jackass to people who arecontemptuousand repugnant

And I know you are disagree, and will do so in droves. Come at me with every argument you've got cause I damn well want to know why you are praising this garbage that is currently going on.

Egomania-X

[7]Sep 29, 2012
    I have a question for the writes and the creators and blah blah... So Sloan is dying and where the hell is Montgomery? I know that they are not that close but where the hell is she, didn't anyone cared enough to tell her one of her oldest friend was dying?

eLLectrify

[8]Sep 29, 2012

Oh, so so true. This was horrible and incredibly disappointing to watch. There's been no progress for these characters in years, just really vindictive f****d-up shit thrown at them, leaving them morally and intellectually in the same spot. Water carving in stone works faster and more effectively than this show's scripts.

GreatnessGuru wrote:
    So to conclude. And if it wasn't obvious by now.

**** YOU SHONDA RHIMES!!!!

**** YOU. WITH YOUR RELENTLESSLY VINDICTIVE AND UTTERLY INHUMANE MEAN SPIRITED PIECE OF TRASH!!!

Honestly this is unbelievably reprehensible writing. She is torturing these characters for no reason. She is refusing to let these guys grow or learn from ANYTHING that has happened to them. And the by products to this are that Cristina and Alex have shifted from lovable jackass to people who arecontemptuousand repugnant

And I know you are disagree, and will do so in droves. Come at me with every argument you've got cause I damn well want to know why you are praising this garbage that is currently going on.

Edited on 09/29/2012 3:29pm

CrazyAsian1080

[9]Sep 30, 2012

Okay, here's the thing. Dramas like GA (and TV in general) have to poop all over their characters every season all the time. You want to know why. If they didn't the show would just be boring. Imagine if everyone on GA was happy and good and got everything they wanted. How many episodes of that could you actually watch? 1, 2 maybe 3 before you would just stop because NOTHING IS HAPPENING. When everything is solved for everyone on a show, that's generally when a show ends. If it doesn't end there will have to be a new problem that arises or there would be no point.

Also, do you realize how hard it is to change your personality? Honestly, after a while characters on shows should have a very set number of traits that make them who they are. I mean could you imagine if Alex was all of a sudden nice and happy go lucky because he realized he was a live and didn't die in the plane crash? Wouldn't that be a bit odd. No one who watched the show would buy it. It would literally take seasons before people would accept it.

The thing with Alex and Yang is the little things. Alex is a jerk who is actually a good person. He has these little moments that are really touching like when he looked after the baby who didn't have anyone, when he stays with Callie or when he stayed because he didn't want the new Pred's guy to screw over the outreach program (and you know what's his name re-upped with the show).

Yang's storyline is obviously just there so she can return to SG. But I do like the fact her cut throat nature is just not working. Everyone at SG was about being the best, doing whatever it takes. But Mayo isn't like that and Yang is so completely confused by the entire thing. Though, on a side note Im confused about the whole talking thing. HOW THE FRICK does any operation get done when Mr. Finny is in the OR? If people cannot talk and operate at the same time and if Mr. Finny is just a chatter box wouldn't they be unable to do anything.

KasenStuff

[10]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 5

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

I actually liked the fact they skipped ahead. It was a bit confusing at first, but as the episode went on I found the whole thing really well done. I especially liked the video clips of Mark.

One thing that got me was the new interns. How did they not know who Grey was, or her mother?

Ummm they did know.... Don't you remember them calling her Madusa and someone saying "And I hear her mother was worse."

You know... I can completely understand Arizona's anger. Not just that she lost a limb... But because Callie saved Derek's arm, but cut off her leg?? I'd be angry too! If you could save his hand, and that was pretty badly mangled.. A lot worse than Arizona's leg... Why not the leg???? I really hope they tell us what's up with that!

And why did they have to kill off Mark and Lexie? They didn't want to sign on after season 8? I was really disappointed about Lexie. It's always my favorite characters. George (and I no longer have a male favorite since him...), Izzy (yes I know they didn't kill her off thank god, but she is gone), and now Lexie. I'd prefer Christina... Or even Meridith. Christ, I'd prefer Meridith :-/. Oh well.

Edited on 10/03/2012 3:41am

antdude

[11]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 27
    Soso episode/season premiere. Next one is better.

stanmorne

[12]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 6

Yeah I agree the premiere was crap and I think my judgement is mostly based on the fact that they killed off Mark, but I guess after Lexie died they thought it was the best move, ughh. But I think this season still has potential if we can just get over the favourite character deaths.

Lunatikatt

[13]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 8

hated it. makes me want to stop watching. in the end they end up killing everyone we finally love. sucks.
    not happy with the episode i think the only thing that amazed me was Arizona being amputeed bummer.

oh well... i bet ill hate the whole season hahaha

lately all shows have had quite a corny comeback...

im really sad they killed sloan. very. and lexie too although that we already knew...

blah

Donoterase

[14]Oct 6, 2012

I am shocked that the creators made Arizona's leg be amputated by Callie...but I'm looking forward to a season where they will work through everything the situation will entail. They are the one couple who have been an example of working through tough times together, getting through this will make their relationship that much stronger.

Arizona is strong, she loves Callie and Sophia furiously and she loves her job...she will survive this, she will be depressed as long as she needs to be but then she's gonna get up and she is going to fight...to get back her job, and her life, she's going to do it for wife and her daughter and for herself.

She will show everyone watching the show how hard it is to loose a limb, but she will go on to show how full and rich an amputee's life can be.

cephun

[15]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 5
    i liked it, but then i saw the next episode. they should have reversed them, and played it in chronological order. at least it wasn't the OMG something crazy is happening opening, then it flashes back to 24 hours earlier. the new interns are ok. we all know half of them will die, when aliens invade seattle grace hospital. superman vs aliens vs predator vs doctor who vs grey's anatomy.. i ithink superman's ship will crash into the hospital with an alien egg attached to it, and predators land to clean it up. then dr who shows up to change the timeline 24 hours later negating the whole episode by pulling an armageddon on the ship.