Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Katherine Heigl wants to come back!

Do you want Izzie Stevens back on the show?

MsBoonzie

[1]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 10

Katherine Heigl lately said in an interview with E! that she wants to come back to the show.
    Personally, I don't want her back. She's just such a depressing character, and I like Grey's when it's all happy and funny.

Link to the interview:http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/01/katherine-heigl-wants-to-return-to-greys-anatomy/1

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Pacar27

[2]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 7

as much as i love izzie andAlexas a couple. if katherine heigl came back and her character did i fell it would expect to get back withAlexandAlexhas grown from what happen and has already moved on. it would cause for a lot of drama that is probably unnecessary.Katherineheigl left cause she wanted ( and as funny as i find her in other movies) im not really sure i want her back on grey's after like 2 seasons have passed. plus i kinda want to see the alex/april sutff that is starting to develop.

Noor

[3]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 3

Uh I hope she doesnt I mean she was so depressing and dramatic!!

She propbably found out that her movies suck so she was like oh ok I'll just go back to TV and pretend the last 3 years didnt happen!

pamhalpert

[4]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 14

"IF" they lose Patrick, or Ellen after this season...Shonda should get on her knees and Beg Katherine to come back!!! They might be able to squeeze another couple seasons out of it.

antdude

[5]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 27
    Sure, but didn't she die in the show? How would they explain her return?

Adokensan

[6]Feb 3, 2012
    • level: 10
    She didn't die. She recovered from her cancer, then she left.

antdude

[7]Feb 3, 2012
    • level: 27
    Adokensan wrote:
    She didn't die. She recovered from her cancer, then she left.
    Ah, I forgot. It has been so long ago!

SoCalSam

[8]Feb 3, 2012
    • level: 6

Note that the poll question asks about Izzie Stevens returning and the thread question asks about Katherine Heigl. That is two different things.

I do not know about Katherine Heigl. I do not know why she left. I assume there is much more to the story that we do not know about. My impression is that she has let us down. I get the impression thah she thinks she is so great that she can do whatever she feels like. I also understand that my impression could be entirely wrong. I do not know. Before Grey's Anatomy, I was very impressed by her but now I sure won't make any effort whatsoever to watch a show or movie based on Katherine Heigl's role in it.

As for Izzie Stevens, I really do not like what the writers did with her. That whole Ghost Whisperer thing was stupid. What she did with the money was stupid. The writers gave Seattle Grace a free clinic from the money but then after that Izzie Stevens had no money. That is possible but I don't like it. And then have we heard anything about the free clinic? It is totally in the past. I of course do not like how the marriage started and ended. I do not like the story about the cancer.

I think the writers have too much to clean up to get Izzie Stevens back andthat muchis not Katherine Heigl's fault (as far as I know).

The thing I do not know is if Katherine Heigl had any influence on the stories I described above. If they were the result of Katherine Heigl demanding any of it, then it is best that she not return.

pamhalpert

[9]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 14
    SoCalSam wrote:

Note that the poll question asks about Izzie Stevens returning and the thread question asks about Katherine Heigl. That is two different things.

I do not know about Katherine Heigl. I do not know why she left. I assume there is much more to the story that we do not know about. My impression is that she has let us down. I get the impression thah she thinks she is so great that she can do whatever she feels like. I also understand that my impression could be entirely wrong. I do not know. Before Grey's Anatomy, I was very impressed by her but now I sure won't make any effort whatsoever to watch a show or movie based on Katherine Heigl's role in it.

As for Izzie Stevens, I really do not like what the writers did with her. That whole Ghost Whisperer thing was stupid. What she did with the money was stupid. The writers gave Seattle Grace a free clinic from the money but then after that Izzie Stevens had no money. That is possible but I don't like it. And then have we heard anything about the free clinic? It is totally in the past. I of course do not like how the marriage started and ended. I do not like the story about the cancer.

I think the writers have too much to clean up to get Izzie Stevens back andthat muchis not Katherine Heigl's fault (as far as I know).

The thing I do not know is if Katherine Heigl had any influence on the stories I described above. If they were the result of Katherine Heigl demanding any of it, then it is best that she not return.

They wouldn't bring in another actress to play Izzie. Shonda would never allow that. 2nd of all...They didn't do anything to Katherine. She said many times that she left because she basically thought that the storylines were becoming weak. She is an original cast member, and I think she would do great.

Ingelief

[10]Apr 29, 2012

i hope not, i loved her before but all the drama outsite i didnt care for and lately she isnt doing good movies either so i get why SHe wants to get back, hope they dont let her.

One for the money is a stupid crap movie..

for me she did this herself, she wanted out, she was out now look what happend. I hope that that dont happen to patrick dempsey when he leaves. *leaving is just stupid if the show your in is so succesfull*

kanniballl

[11]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 18

Ingelief wrote:

*leaving is just stupid if the show your in is so succesfull*

Yes and no

You need to strike while the iron's hot. Heigel's public standing started to rise quite a bit during her time on Grey's, as opposed to her time on Roswell and such. A lot of actors would like to do some decent movies: try something new, do something more meaningful, get known. Add to that, some women want to peak when they're young enough to be cast in just about anything they want.

Since there are only so many hours in the day, it's rare that someone can manage a TV role AND a movie role at the same time unless the movie or show is willing to work their schedule around them.

Meanwhile: staying on a single show too long can hurt. You'll become type-casted and forever known as CHARACTER-X, it's REALLY hard to get out of that.

Look at the cast from Star Trek: The Next Generation. 7 years, and with exception of Patrick Stewart (who was already a big name before the show started) hardly anyone did anything major afterwards. And for a while, some of them only appeared as characters almost exactly like their TNG counter-parts (Michael Dorn did a lot of Worf-type roles).

Stargate SG-1: 10 years long and outside of Amanda Tapping, the most anyone has managed has been the occasional guest-star.

Friends ran for X years, and Joey and Chandler were permanently type-cast as those 2 roles. People found it hard to accept them in anything serious or counter to their role on Friends.

etc

Sure, on one hand it's stable money for the X years the show runs... but if it runs too long it makes it harder to land stuff later.

SoCalSam

[12]May 4, 2012

pamhalpert wrote:
    They wouldn't bring in another actress to play Izzie. Shonda would never allow that. 2nd of all...They didn't do anything to Katherine. She said many times that she left because she basically thought that the storylines were becoming weak. She is an original cast member, and I think she would do great.

I do not remember why I said asking about Izzie Stevens and Katherine Heigl are two different questions. I certainly did not intend to suggest that they use any other actress for Izzie. I think I was just saying that the question about bringing back Izzie is different from asking about bringing back Katherine.

As I said, I think there is a lot of baggage associated with the role of Izzie that needs to be clarified, but they could do it if they really want to. It would not mess up the role more than they have already.

If Katherine left for the reason you say and if she wants back then that would be good. I was amazed to see her in this show. She is a beautiful woman; she was a beautiful girl when she was younger. My impression of her has dropped significantly. If she were to return then I would be more likely to respect her. I don't expect to know what the real explanation is for why she left or was removed. I assume we will never know the truth and that it is futile to ask about Katherine returning.

Edie70

[13]May 11, 2012
    • level: 19
    She does? Well, good for her. It's good to have wishes and dreams that might not even come true .... EVER.

stanmorne

[14]Jun 11, 2012

sorry to be in the minority here but i'll love kathrine back!

stanmorne

[15]Jun 11, 2012

sorry to be in the minority here but ill love kathrine back!!

IAmsterdam

[16]Jun 20, 2012

I think this would be good for the show.

It would be very OK. All those dead or injured/leaving doctors and she comes and saves the day.

The aftermath is enough for her to come back: finding out about her friends, helping out the hospital where she started out etc., etc.

RockstarDX

[17]Jun 24, 2012
    I've always loved Izzie as a character. I try not to get into discussion on why the actress Helgi left int he first place, but I think with some of the cast members making their exits, it could be the perfect time to have Izzie come back. I want to see how she is doing. You grow attached to these characters and then you genuinely want to know what's happened with them. I also have faith Shonda would handle it very well. So fingers crossed!

Yaspaa

[18]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 79
    Izzy isn't a depressing character, she's bubbly and positive. Horribly depressing things have happened to her, but she, as a person, isn't depressing. Sure, bring her back.

cephun

[19]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 5
    it's understandable if you leave to do movies, just not comedies. stay on your tv show. comedic movies are never really that funny. they can't just be silly.the protagonist always has to have some life changing event and try to be a better person. most comedies are only funny for the first 30 minutes or so. every once in while a good one comes out, but most are lackluster. that on top of all the hype. OMG funniest movie EVAR! i have laughed more watching tv shows than movies. my favorite is worst week of my life (british and american). if you haven't seen either one, do yourself a favor and watch it.

back on topic, i would like to see her back. now that she is humbled, they can try and make her storyline not so damn insane.

wildhoney66

[20]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 13

i'd love if she came back.and i never thought she was a depressing chracter at all. she just like someone said had bad stuff happen to her.

also if we lose Ellen after this season there would be no point to even have this show on the air anymore, not only would it ruin the show but what's the point if there is NOT a single Grey on the show? since Lexie was killed off. honestly i figured that Ellen would leave at the end of last season and the show would be the lexie grey show or something. cause i had heard that they were talking about doing that. in case they ever lose Ellen.

i am curious how long this show is going to last though. i think it's still good to be honest. i love it when they add comedy into drama's. but with some characters i think they over do the drama sometimes. i loved it when Shondra said before one season started that she wasn't going to break up Merideth and Derek anymore. cause frankly it got tiring of seeing that. and even she saw that. and i can respect for not realizing that for example.