Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Little Grey/Big Sloan: The Official Lexie/Mark Fan Club

What Should Mark and Lexie's Combo Name Be?

Samaire-Rose

[1]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 6

So, I hope this works...this thread and what looks like a possible budding romantic relationship for Mark and Lexie!

This thread is for fans only. Bashing is not welcome here. I know that there doesn't seem to be many fans of this pairing out there, but there are some and we do count.

This thread is strictly Mark/Lexie. Try not to get too off-topic.

I'm not sure what joint name to give them. "Mexie" and "Slexie" seem pretty popular. Any other suggestions?

Oh, and give some suggestion about what the poll should be. It can't be "Do you like Mark/Lexie?", because, this is the FAN CLUB. We obviously like them!

So, please comment on the slowly arising Lexie/Mark magic!

Edited on 11/17/2008 2:22pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maybe2

[2]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    Samaire-Rose wrote:

So, I hope this works...this thread and what looks like a possible romantic relationship for Mark and Lexie in the works!

This thread is for fans only. Bashing is not welcome here. I know that there doesn't seem to be many fans of this pairing out there, but there are and we do count.

This thread is strictly Mark/Lexie. Try not to get too off-topic.

I'm not sure what joint name to give them. "Mexie" and "Slexie" seem pretty popular. Any other suggestions?

Oh, and give some suggestion about what the poll should be. It can't be "Do you like Mark/Lexie?", because, this is the FAN CLUB. We obviously like them!

So, please comment on the slowly arising Lexie/Mark magic!

How about Sleigh? Like Chyler Leigh/Sloan. (or Sley.) I love Mark/Lexie, love that McSteamy smile he gave her when she was naming the periodic table.

HugzxNxKissesxo

[3]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    we could combine McSteamy and Lexie with McSexie?

Samaire-Rose

[4]Nov 16, 2008

Ah, McSexie! That's another popular one, and the one that's probably going to stick.

Sleigh is cute indeed!

I edited the topic title a little bit, because I had it as Lexie's little nickname coming before Mark's, but when I put their actual names I put Mark's before Lexie's. That kind of bothered me, so, voila!

I also set up the first poll for now. Cool? But still give other suggestions for the "other" category as well!

I think we could also have speculations (Mark and Lexie ones of course) about upcoming episodes as well. There is the title for an upcoming episode out, one that's going to air in January I believe, and it's called "Sympathy For the Devil". Since Mark is a bit of a devil, that title sounds intriguing indeed...

This is fun!

Edited on 11/16/2008 8:14am
    Edited 3 total times.

wilees

[5]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 9

Well I'm a fan of Mark & Lexie. Although I don't really think that they should hook up (well not yet anyway - what fun would that be?).

I kind of like the idea of Mark being struck by unrequited love - might do the man-whore some good! Perhaps they can develop the friendship that was developing during the early part of the season (i.e. Mark teasing Lexie about George).

It is nice to see Lexie getting a bit more screen time - they introduced her character and then never really used her for a major story.

Edited on 11/16/2008 11:18pm

memmapunk

[6]Nov 17, 2008

I hate that.. sometimes i don´t know what the people are talking about..

Like callica?? i was like who in hell is callica?? it sounds like menstrual pain in spanish (colico)... why people can leave it only in lexie/mark.. what´s the deal with putting names togetherr..??

Edited on 11/17/2008 12:20am

Samaire-Rose

[7]Nov 17, 2008

To wilees: Yeah, I don't want Mark and Lexie to get together quite yet, as much as I want them to happen. That's what I like about this, the space he's kind of giving her. He really hasn't given a woman, much less an intern, that much respect, ever. Well, not to this degree at least. He hasn't hit on her at all, even though there is obviously a bit of attraction there (At least, it looks like there is after this past Thursday's episode). It's most definitely refreshing! I can't wait to see what this could possibly turn into!

To memmapunk: The combo name is just a fun, silly pastime to me. I'm not making a big deal about it. It's kind of tiring to constantly say "Mark and Lexie". Don't have a cow about it! You can call them what you want, so long as, while in this thread, it's not offensive. Are you a Mark/Lexie fan? If not, read the topic title again. If you are, then welcome!

But that menstrual cramp/combo name comparison was rather funny!

Edited on 11/17/2008 2:24pm
    Edited 4 total times.

memmapunk

[8]Nov 17, 2008
    Samaire-Rose wrote:

into!

To memmapunk: The combo name is just a fun, silly pastime to me. I'm not making a big deal about it. It's kind of tiring to constantly say "Mark and Lexie". Don't have a cow about it! You can call them what you want, so long as, while in this thread, it's not offensive. Are you a Mark/Lexie fan? If not, read the topic title again. If you are, then welcome!

But that menstrual cramp/combo name comparison was rather funny!

yes yess.. i'm a shipper for that relationship.. lexie is very sweet and i think that sloan could fall in love with her..

haha.. i think i have to said it.. about the mcsexie stuff.. sometimes it is difficult to make this combinations and they are not clearr for ppl.. it is ok for one relationship that is happening, let`s say: dizzie.. (denny / izzie) cool.. but it is insanee when everybody is shipping for couples and they ALL have names.. like in gossip girl.. i was reading about some dair dair dair.. and i was who is dair.. it results: dan and blair.. that's what is annoying to me.. that they have thiss shorts name.. for everyone..

wilees

[9]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    Samaire-Rose wrote:

To wilees: Yeah, I don't want Mark and Lexie to get together quite yet, as much as I want them to happen. That's what I like about this, the space he's kind of giving her. He really hasn't given a woman, much less an intern, that much respect, ever. Well, not to this degree at least. He hasn't hit on her at all, even though there is obviously a bit of attraction there (At least, it looks like there is after this past Thursday's episode). It's most definitely refreshing! I can't wait to see what this could possibly turn into!

You are totally right! I think for Mark to have a meaningful relationship it definately has to be about more than just sex. It is possible that he was in love with Addison maybe. I would like to see them be friends. I also like the friendship that Callie and Mark have (although they are friends with benefits!). When she told him they were friends he looked surprised and pleased. Cute really!

Edited on 11/18/2008 1:37pm

toonaspie

[10]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 15

I dunno why some people are making such a big deal about the age difference...it's really only by 15 years and it's only that Mark seems older and Lexie seems younger than their respective ages.

I think a McSexie or Slexie (I guess either one can do) could work in future time. You can tell that Lexie is really starting to mature and taking charge of things, with the way she stood up to George and how she starts running that secret club and Mark is starting to care more about others around him for more than just sex (ex Callie) and is providing genuine wisdom along with his usual insults.

As the Lexie and Sloan become more developed characters (whether separatly or together), it makes them one step closer to being more compatible with each other.

I wouldnt mind one fling though But if it does come down to just a one night stand or whatnot, I just dont want this pairing to end on a horrid note like Lexie/Alex or Lexie/George.

Edited on 11/19/2008 7:27pm

Samaire-Rose

[11]Nov 21, 2008

The Lexie/Mark moments in last night's episode were very squeal-worthy indeed! Ah, I could go on and on about them, but I can't at the moment, darn it! But real quick, if anybody has seen the plot line for the next new episode (Thursday after next I believe), then you all have to be as excited as I am!

Oh yes, about the age thing. I could go on and on, but look at my comments in the "Mark and Lexie?" thread. It's pretty much all there.

Edited on 11/21/2008 11:50am

memmapunk

[12]Nov 22, 2008

well..

my dad is 15 yrs older than my mom

my husband is 8 yrs older than me..

soo.. who cares about age??????

Samaire-Rose

[13]Nov 22, 2008

Yes I know! I mean, in real life, there is only a ten year age difference between Chyler Leigh and Eric Dane. She's married with two children for goodness sakes. On the show, Mark has got to be in his thirties, or if he's fourty, he's barely that. Lexie is in her twenties, she graduated from Harvard for crying out loud! She' not some little twit that just barely graduated high school.

So, I only see the age difference as being mildly signifcant. It's not incestuous, or perverted, as people keep on saying. Lexie is not a child, or as innocent as people portray her. Mark is definitely not an old man. I don't even consider him to be middle-aged. It's just mark is a bit more experianced than her, but too much for his own good. I think Lexie is just the right person to fix that. She has just the right sweetness and spunk, combined with her brilliance, among other great qualities, to be a good match for him.

Oh how I hope these two get together!

Edited on 11/22/2008 8:48am

HugzxNxKissesxo

[14]Nov 22, 2008
    yeah i dont see what the big deal is with the age i mean Derek and Mark are about the same age and Meredeth is only 2 or 3 years older than Lexie so why dont people have a problem with MerDer?

yolanda6

[15]Nov 23, 2008
    Slexipedia is a fave of mine.

Samaire-Rose

[16]Nov 24, 2008

Ah ha! I think that's a really fun one!

xomeg15

[17]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 12

I picked Slexie. I just like the way it sounds.

Last night's episode was funny how he was trying to avoid her the whole time. It was so cute.

HugzxNxKissesxo

[18]Dec 5, 2008
    xomeg15 wrote:

I picked Slexie. I just like the way it sounds.

Last night's episode was funny how he was trying to avoid her the whole time. It was so cute.

it was so cute..nd he was being mean to her like we always are to the ones we love lol and Bailey was looking at him as if to say "wtf is wrong with u?"

mfirefly10

[19]Dec 5, 2008

I picked McSexie because it already seems to be the popular choice.

I'm a fan of McSexie. I think they're really cute together...However...I wish they hadn't slept together so quickly. As other people already said, I wanted the build-up. I wanted Mark to really fall for Lexie without her noticing so that when she finally did, it was a HUGE moment. Unfortunately, the Grey's writers always jump the gun.

As much as I like McSexie, I have a feeling the speed of their relationship is going to ruin them. I think the writers are going to have them carry on this secret affair for a few episodes and then drop it the way they seem to do with most of these relationships. I know Melissa George was brought it to be Sloan's love interest but I thought they were really serious about the Mark/Lexie thing. Now I fear Mark/Lexie, Callie/Sadie will be played for a few episodes before they dive into a LONG thing with Mark/Sadie. I hope I'm wrong...Actually, I hope they get rid of Sadie all together. I love MG but that character is just crazy! Mark & Callie both deserve better. And I'd like Lexie to find a friend who isn't completely insane.

ambika

[20]Dec 5, 2008

mfirefly10, I agree with most of what you said, except for stating sex is the end of Sloan's discomfort.

I would love to see Mark go to Callie to ask 'what next?!' when it means something. I think it does, simply because Sloan was not depicted before as having a conscious.

Let's see.

I like how much both of these characters have developed in S5.