Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread - "Dark Was The Night" (possible spoilers)

MsBoonzie

[1]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 10

Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 27
    Good episode. Dang cliffhanger and no new episodes until when?

horvathgamer

[3]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 8

Amazing episode. Henry's death honestly had me crying. Right up there with Denny's and Emil's (not a major character, but horribly sad nonetheless). I can't believe they left us with that kind of cliffhanger when we had no clue when the next episode will be. Something about the wreck seemed off to me. Also I'm guessing that alex and/or meredith are hurt worse then they appear. Alex's head hitting the metal sure seemed brutal

Nat6386

[4]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 14
    OH MY GOD!!! damn mid-season break!!! that cliffhanger was completely up there with the best greys cliffhangers!!! We probably have to wait till late January/early February for new eps!!! i cant believe Zola, and Henry - how is Christina going to forgive owen for not telling her or the chief or lexie...and poor teddy i love her, what is she going to do? and ALEX AND MER!! i agree with you ^ i think alex or mer is worse than they appear, and all those people on the street...... this is too depressing!!! but sooooooo good! cant wait for the next ep!!!!

On another note, don't forget to vote for Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and the show at the peopleschoice website!!!!

NwabisaNonten

[5]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 1

I think Grey's is really manipulative. All this tragedy. Its bordering on the ridiculous.

EJamison

[6]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 17

NwabisaNonten wrote:

I think Grey's is really manipulative. All this tragedy. Its bordering on the ridiculous.

I agree. Inside the ambulance is probably safer in lightning. Electricity stays on the outside of a metal box. Oxygen, by itself, isn't explosive. Gasoline, of course, is dangerous, but every crash doesn't turn into an explosion.

pinkishjoy

[7]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 6
    NwabisaNonten wrote:

yeah, because according to Alex Karev, they work at "Seattle Grace Mercy Death", for goodness sake

silvergirl07

[8]Nov 11, 2011

I am still in shock about Henry dying ... poor Teddy!!! They finally got together and were so sweet and then this happens. And poor Cristina for being the one in charge... Teddy's going to hate her forever!

About Zola... she's a very cute baby and she deserves to be in a loving family. I'm sure MerDer would provide that. BUT - I just don't feel this conection they are talking about. Still, I think it's sad they won't get her back.

I loved the Alex/Mer story, I always liked their friendship, finally they are good friends again. And I agree with you, I think they are probably more hurt than they seem right now. I guess Alex is more hurt than Mer is, just because she's bleeding and it would be too obvious for her to be badly injured. (Btw, really cute, how Alex asked if she's ok)

Do we really not know when the next episode will air?? Mean!

karmenavila

[9]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 11
    i just can't get enough, i want, i need the next episode! at last grey's anatomy is beeing the series i used to like, the way they tell the story and the chapter's ending that you don't know what's gonna happen in the next and you wanna watch it now, pretty exiting! i'm happy with this chapter

MsBoonzie

[10]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 10

I agree with you people, this episode was amazing. But sodepressing!
    I still can't believe that Henry died. His and Teddy's relationship was one of the main reasons I watched the show.

SavoyTruffle

[11]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 2

Good episode but I think they way they portrayed Yang in the OR operating on Henry was out of character. Her flippant and careless attitude was not how she normally would have acted, even performing what she considered a routine procedure that she had mastered. Even though she never gets emotionally involved with her patients she would have been a little upset over losing a patient, if just for the fact that it adds another loss to her surgical scorecard. I realize her cavalier attitude over this loss was done to make a point and increase the dramatic value of her reaction when she learned the patient was Henry, but it wasn't an honest portrayal of the character. I think the writers did the show a disservice in this instance. Aside from that, I wonder how this will affect her relationship with Teddy, and if Teddy will blame Cristina for the death of Henry. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Ofuda

[12]Nov 20, 2011
    • level: 9

Sometimes they over-reach. Why killing off Henry in the midst of everything?

Can't help but think of Criminal Minds where they, in the LAST season, had one cast member leave and another died (but obviously not), only to bring them back this season. Unfortunately there's no way of bringing Henry back unless there's a miracle. Sometimes the writers just needs to calm down in their quest for intrigue.

alicat34

[13]Nov 20, 2011
    • level: 5
    It wasn't the lightning they were worried about... it was being hit by another car. If the ambulance exploded or caught fire, the oxygen would make it worse. And because it was night and raining and they were at a bend in the road, the likelihood of getting hit by another vehicle was greater

NwabisaNonten

[15]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 1
    Ofuda wrote:

Sometimes they over-reach. Why killing off Henry in the midst of everything?

Can't help but think of Criminal Minds where they, in the LAST season, had one cast member leave and another died (but obviously not), only to bring them back this season. Unfortunately there's no way of bringing Henry back unless there's a miracle. Sometimes the writers just needs to calm down in their quest for intrigue.

Totally agree. I liked Grey's this season. Enjoyed the story telling. But once again, the writers spoiled everything with the ridiculous. Henry's death was totally unnecessary and a recycling of the Denny-Izzy storyline. Lazy writing

stanmorne

[16]Nov 23, 2011
    Nat6386 wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!! damn mid-season break!!! that cliffhanger was completely up there with the best greys cliffhangers!!! We probably have to wait till late January/early February for new eps!!! i cant believe Zola, and Henry - how is Christina going to forgive owen for not telling her or the chief or lexie...and poor teddy i love her, what is she going to do? and ALEX AND MER!! i agree with you ^ i think alex or mer is worse than they appear, and all those people on the street...... this is too depressing!!! but sooooooo good! cant wait for the next ep!!!!

On another note, don't forget to vote for Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and the show at the peopleschoice website!!!!
    i love greys but i'm sorry, IAN SOMERHALDER is in that category as well!!!! and i just hated it when they killed henry! now i'm voting nina and TVD as well!!!!!

MaxLevasseur

[17]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 5

I just finally watched the episode on my DVR. It was an outstanding episode but the cliffhangers always suck especially when you don't know when the show is coming back. Did anybody else recognize that the people that hit the Alex and Mer were the mother of the child. They left that hospital to go see about here baby because she was so adamant about going.