Official 'Holidaze' topic -- (Nov 19th)

Joker00303

[1]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 67
    Discuss! Last new eppy of 09!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CKgirl

[2]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    I have to say, I was a little disappointed. They moved through about a month and a half extremely quickly, and I feel like we missed a lot of important stuff in their lives. Also, not one mention of Izzie, besides Cristina's mean comment to Alex. Is she back with her mom still? The whole finger cutting off thing - they skipped over that WAAAY too quickly. That could have been a major plotline of an entire episode. Mark has a daughter - now that, was amazing. But my complaint is the same, it felt extremely rushed over. Bailey with her dad: I was mad she didn't give him A Big Speech immediately, and his character in general pissed me off. Don't mess with my Bailey! Oh, and I'm so glad Hunt showed Cristina that he loved her and not new cardio god. I was ready to murder both him and the cardio god before Hunt told her that he loved Cristina. The patient story: Very good. Everyone should get a new heart for Christmas.

pgsuperfan

[3]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 25
    Gee in one show they covered Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. A little early for a Christmas show lol

KamakaLo

[4]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    I agree it was all too fast. They should have had just a thanksgiving episode then had a christmas one in December. This whole season feels rushed just about every week. I like Teddy and I felt so bad for her after what the jerk Owen did to her. I do love me some OC but that just wasn't right what Owen did to Teddy. I guess the whole Chief thing will be one of the problems MerDer will have but imo he's always been like a father figure to Mer more so than Thatch. I also hate that Alex doesn't get a decent SL unless Izzie's around. JC is so under used. The Bailey sl wasn't bad but it took away from the whole Christmas dinner. I am glad Mark is finally sorta getting a sl even though we learned he's a dead beat dad.

Also I kinda hated that they celebrated the holidays like this....It just didn't feel holiday enough to me. I would have loved to see some of them giving thanks for thanksgiving, opening a gift or 2 or in their home dancing and celebrating new years. I noticed Jackson was the only newbie seen so maybe that's a good thing.

captou

[5]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    Honestly, that was the weirdest episode ever...
    It felt like bits of the episode were missing. Why did they do that? Squeeze all that stuff into one episode?

mitsukigirl13

[6]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 18
    I actually liked this episode. I don't think it was suppossed to be focused on one holiday, just the holiday season in general and how people like doctors celebrate them. I hated Bailey's dad! But I liked that Owen loves Christina. Overall, this was probably the second best episode of the season.

Yaspaa

[7]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 79
    I rarely have myself a merry little Christmas, in November.

treehill4ev06

[8]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    i thought the episode was cool how they did it. if anyone was wondering, the guy who proposed to the girl with no heart is chyler leighs (lexies) husband in real life. they've been married for awhile (they met on the set of 7th heaven as frankie and johnny for those 7th heaven fans) and have 3 kids!

antdude

[9]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 27
    When does GA return in 2010?

angeldeb82

[10]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    I thought that "Christmastime Is Here" (the Peanuts song included here in this episode) was pretty cool!

Marmalade11

[11]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    antdude wrote:

January 14, 2010 -- and it's a three-part crossover involving Addison and Sloan.

Ugh and if I recall I think the holiday episode that was combined into one was supposed to be a three-story arc if I remember reading it right.

djkiddnicky

[12]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 13

Overall I really liked this episode, but I do think it was a little too fast... A 2 hour episode would have been way better, but still good ep...
    Can't wait 4 the crossover... Mark steping into daddy shoes priceless ^^

miss_wierd

[13]Nov 21, 2009

I was waiting for someone to post thjis thread! Hey this is stange. I can't log in anymore. I have to sign in through facebook. Is this a new thing we are doing now? Anyway on to the episode.

Teddy and Hunt: What in the hell was that?!!?!?! What an odd scene! It looked like Hunt was going to kiss her! But then he says he is in love with Christina!! Yeah right! NOT! You are not in love with Christina! You are in love with Teddy and just don't want to admit it!

Christina and Hunt: Well that kiss between them in the end was odd. It was like Hunt was forcing the kiss to make himself believe he is in love with Christina! He is in denial!

Mark Sloan: Woah he has a daughter!!! Her name is Sloan! Hmm I wonder where her mother got the name Sloan from ROFL! Wow and she is pregnant too! Mark is a grandpa! I wonder how long she is going to be there. Is she temporary? Or has Levan Rambin joined the cast?

Edited on 11/21/2009 8:18am

miss_wierd

[14]Nov 21, 2009

Marmalade11 wrote:
    antdude wrote:
    January 14, 2010 -- and it's a three-part crossover involving Addison and Sloan

Which Sloan? Mark or his daughter?

alirk

[15]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 22
    I really liked this eppy. I thought it was cool how they combined three holidays, I also really liked how the main medical storylines ended well...Sometimes this show is a bit on the sad side, but this was,overall, a pretty uplifting eppy...

Marmalade11

[16]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 10
    miss_wierd wrote:

Marmalade11 wrote:
    antdude wrote:
    January 14, 2010 -- and it's a three-part crossover involving Addison and Sloan

Which Sloan? Mark or his daughter?

OOPS, sorry, both -- and apparently Addison and Sloan have some 'unfinished business' in their relationship? I remember reading something like that.

sibowittz

[17]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 17
    I loved this episode! 9.2/10 I liked Bailey's storyline with her annoying father the most. I also liked what was happening between Meredith and Cheif Webber. I like that she is trying to hide his drinking from everyone and being a good friend. But I have a feeling Derek or Bailey will find out somehow. Mark and his daughter storyline was the only one that seemed rushed to me but was still fun to watch. Plus his daughter is cute. :-) When Lexie accident cut her finger off I was like "Ouch!" too. I love that Callie stood up for Bailey to her father. The scene between Meredith and her father was one of the best in this episode. But the dinner table scene with Bailey's monologue to her father was one of the best scenes ever. Chandra is probably the best actress on the show next to Sandra, Sara, and Katerine. Ellen is pretty good too. A little sad we didn't see the Mercy West doctors, except Avery. It sucks we have to wait until 2010 to see another. This season is really becoming one of the best in my opinion. Oh and did anyone else think the Cheif was going to hit on Meredith when they were alone in the operating rooms or whenever he was drunk? I kind of did.

melina79

[18]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 12
    I really liked this episode even if it was a little rushed. It was a nice change from usual holiday episodes. I'm surprised that Kim Raver is sooo good as Teddy. I've never liked her in other shows but Teddy is very likeable so far and I hope Raver stays as a regular.
    Edited on 11/21/2009 7:45pm

chuckdreyfuski

[19]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 25
    Having three holidays in one episode was a bit of a tight squeeze, but overall, the episode was still good. Favorite moments include Bailey letting out her emotions during Christmas dinner, Teddy admitting her love for Hunt, and of course, Sloan learning he has a daughter not much younger than Lexie. The writers may have heard me when I requested for a storyline for Sloan and Lexie. Funny scene with Karev, Yang, and Grey calling each other b!tches!

JoeyBro

[20]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 3

I thought this episode was better than the rest because it didn't go into detail about the stories and gave us the relatively best parts. Sure I would love more detail about each story, but I think they have nothing that would interest us and that's why they did 4-5 episodes in this 1 episode given the length of time & subjects they covered. Like I have said before if you delve into these stories anymore than this, then you see the house of cards that most of them are a.k.a. they are as thin as cards. Only stories that were detailed were the Baily father one and the Chief drunk/Merideth one. You understand those are the ones that aren't a house of cards. They're concrete(brilliant monologues by both Baily and father and Merideth's defense of Chief to father and Chief's beginning monologue to Merideth all very satisfying). In contrast, tHe rest like HUnt/Teddy/Cristina triangle, Sloan's daughter and no story for Karev, Mercy West doctors or Izzie are just filler. Actually Hunt showed me something in that scene with Teddy when he professsed his past love for her. That was believable, but his love for Cristina is not. Only 2 sides, a triangle that does not make . Wise decision to just glaze over the fluff stories while giving us hope with the concrete ones and stopping for the year, so they can start fresh next year because hopefully we will have forgotten the fluff and give those fluff stories/characters a second chance. Or just scrap all the fluff and bring a new angle. Definitely continue the Merideth/Chief alcoholic story. That's gold.

Edited on 11/21/2009 9:07pm