Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official 'Holidaze' topic -- (Nov 19th)

  • Avatar of JohnReflex77

    JohnReflex77

    [21]Nov 22, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    angeldeb82 wrote:
    I thought that "Christmastime Is Here" (the Peanuts song included here in this episode) was pretty cool!


    That's it! Does anybody know the songs played during this ep? I liked them in these versions.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miss_wierd

    miss_wierd

    [22]Nov 22, 2009
    • member since: 04/25/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 920
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    miss_wierd wrote:

    Marmalade11 wrote:
    antdude wrote:
    When does GA return in 2010?
    January 14, 2010 -- and it's a three-part crossover involving Addison and Sloan

    Which Sloan? Mark or his daughter?

    OOPS, sorry, both -- and apparently Addison and Sloan have some 'unfinished business' in their relationship? I remember reading something like that.

    Mark and Addison have unfinished business? Still?!!?! What more unfinished business can they have?!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [23]Nov 22, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    KamakaLo wrote:
    I agree it was all too fast. They should have had just a thanksgiving episode then had a christmas one in December. This whole season feels rushed just about every week. I like Teddy and I felt so bad for her after what the jerk Owen did to her. I do love me some OC but that just wasn't right what Owen did to Teddy. I guess the whole Chief thing will be one of the problems MerDer will have but imo he's always been like a father figure to Mer more so than Thatch. I also hate that Alex doesn't get a decent SL unless Izzie's around. JC is so under used. The Bailey sl wasn't bad but it took away from the whole Christmas dinner. I am glad Mark is finally sorta getting a sl even though we learned he's a dead beat dad.

    Also I kinda hated that they celebrated the holidays like this....It just didn't feel holiday enough to me. I would have loved to see some of them giving thanks for thanksgiving, opening a gift or 2 or in their home dancing and celebrating new years. I noticed Jackson was the only newbie seen so maybe that's a good thing.


    I also agree. I think the storyline with Sloan having a daughter is so huge, it should have had it's own episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of djkiddnicky

    djkiddnicky

    [24]Nov 22, 2009
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 333
    miss_wierd wrote:
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    miss_wierd wrote:

    Marmalade11 wrote:
    antdude wrote:
    When does GA return in 2010?
    January 14, 2010 -- and it's a three-part crossover involving Addison and Sloan

    Which Sloan? Mark or his daughter?

    OOPS, sorry, both -- and apparently Addison and Sloan have some 'unfinished business' in their relationship? I remember reading something like that.

    Mark and Addison have unfinished business? Still?!!?! What more unfinished business can they have?!

    Maybe because the didn't have their baby and now it turns out he has a daughter.... that could b unfinished bussiness

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aubreyt

    aubreyt

    [25]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 01/17/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 213
    Did they really not even mentioned George or Izzie their very first holidays without them? All TV shows usually mention people who left or died during the holidays.

    I didn't watch but overall consensus on other boards seemed to be this episode lacked heart.

    I remember season 2 with Mer, Izzie and George under the trees. Now that was the good old days.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [26]Dec 6, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    aubreyt wrote:
    Did they really not even mentioned George or Izzie their very first holidays without them? All TV shows usually mention people who left or died during the holidays.

    I didn't watch but overall consensus on other boards seemed to be this episode lacked heart.

    I remember season 2 with Mer, Izzie and George under the trees. Now that was the good old days.


    Nicely put, I couldn't have worded it better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of McOverit

    McOverit

    [27]Dec 10, 2009
    • member since: 12/11/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3
    I'm becoming very disappointed in the direction of the show. I have watched a couple of interviews where the creators claim the show and characters are maturing, but where I once wanted more, now I'm finding it difficult watching all the way to the end. Story lines are becoming emotion saturated 'skits' and believability has left the building. And I swear if they reintroduce that rediculous Denny Duquette ghost senario again, I will switch off for good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of McOverit

    McOverit

    [28]Dec 10, 2009
    • member since: 12/11/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3

    [QUOTE="pamhalpert"]

    aubreyt wrote:
    Did they really not even mentioned George or Izzie their very first holidays without them? All TV shows usually mention people who left or died during the holidays.

    Except Chuck Cunningham from Happy Days who went upstairs one episode and was never mentioned again.

    :
    I didn't watch but overall consensus on other boards seemed to be this episode lacked heart. I remember season 2 with Mer, Izzie and George under the trees. Now that was the good old days.

    And Merideth the biggest anti Xmas Bah Humbugger in that season two episode, yet here she is playing one of the elves. It's all a little sugar coated these days.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sibowittz

    sibowittz

    [29]Dec 16, 2009
    • member since: 03/05/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,217
    McOverit wrote:
    I'm becoming very disappointed in the direction of the show. I have watched a couple of interviews where the creators claim the show and characters are maturing, but where I once wanted more, now I'm finding it difficult watching all the way to the end. Story lines are becoming emotion saturated 'skits' and believability has left the building. And I swear if they reintroduce that rediculous Denny Duquette ghost senario again, I will switch off for good.


    Really? I totally disagree, though I respect your opinion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ecgirl08

    ecgirl08

    [30]Dec 25, 2009
    • member since: 09/21/06
    • level: 57
    • rank: Mr Biggles
    • posts: 595

    I've been a little disappointed in this season so far, too, but Grey's is known for really picking up the pace midway through the season and finishing off the year with a bang, so I look forward to possible improvements in the second half of Season 6. However, I've heard about the serious issues that Alex and Izzie are going to encounter in the episodes to come (not that their relationship aren't already in trouble, but you know what I mean). I've been afraid this was going to happen even before the season started - it's inevitable, given the circumstances under which they got married in the first place, not to mention the fact that Grey's Anatomy doesn't exactly like depicting many healthy relationships. I'm really pulling for Alex and Izzie, and I truly hope that they stay together in the end, but right now, it doesn't look like it's gonna be easy to watch what unfolds between them. As a long-time Grey's watcher, my gut tells me that they will ultimately be together, but it may be a loooooooong time before we get to see the Alex and Izzie that we saw at the end of Season 5 - and I do mean a long time. We shall see...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [31]Dec 31, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    ecgirl08 wrote:

    I've been a little disappointed in this season so far, too, but Grey's is known for really picking up the pace midway through the season and finishing off the year with a bang, so I look forward to possible improvements in the second half of Season 6. However, I've heard about the serious issues that Alex and Izzie are going to encounter in the episodes to come (not that their relationship aren't already in trouble, but you know what I mean). I've been afraid this was going to happen even before the season started - it's inevitable, given the circumstances under which they got married in the first place, not to mention the fact that Grey's Anatomy doesn't exactly like depicting many healthy relationships. I'm really pulling for Alex and Izzie, and I truly hope that they stay together in the end, but right now, it doesn't look like it's gonna be easy to watch what unfolds between them. As a long-time Grey's watcher, my gut tells me that they will ultimately be together, but it may be a loooooooong time before we get to see the Alex and Izzie that we saw at the end of Season 5 - and I do mean a long time. We shall see...



    How about you send a message in my inbox, telling me what you heard about Alex and Izzie?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.