Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official 'How Insensitive' topic -- (May 6th)

Joker00303

[1]May 6, 2010
    • level: 67

Discuss

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jade38

[2]May 6, 2010
    • level: 11

I'm just wondering, does anyone know if the heavyset man's weight was real, or made up??

renske87

[3]May 7, 2010
    • level: 3

Amazing episode! I loved just about everything about it. The moment when Christina started crying almost made me cry, too. I feel bad for Derek; he's really having a hard time.

alirk

[4]May 7, 2010
    • level: 22

jade38 wrote:

I'm just wondering, does anyone know if the heavyset man's weight was real, or made up??

I follow Shonda Rimes (GA creator) on Twitter & she said it was just a really good fat suit

BTW I am really lokking forward to next week! I am excited to see if Demi Lovato can really act Wink

Edited on 05/07/2010 7:09am

Nat6386

[5]May 7, 2010
    • level: 14
    i really loved and enjoyed this episode. It was like a ultimate greys ep, it focussed a lot more on meredith and derek FINALLY and gave them more of a storyline which i enjoyed, it had a cafeteria scene and now lexie is part of 'the group', it paid more attention to the surgeries and their medical career at the same time as relationships. I thought Christina was amazing but i hated that she relies on Owen so much, its going to be heartbreaking when it finally comes out that he is still in love with Teddy. and im sad to see arizona and callie break up but at the same time i wonder if callie will get together with mark i mean i always thought she wasnt full lesbian and they both want babies. But im really interested too see what happens next week between meredith and derek cause there seemed t be like he was pushing away from her....and if they continue with that storyline it'd be really good. But overall one of the best eps of the season really took me back to original greys!

ecgirl08

[6]May 7, 2010
    • level: 57

You might be right about Callie and Mark. I have often thought the same thing about Callie, because the lesbian thing came on so suddenly, and knowing this show, it would be right up their alley to point Callie into a completely different direction, just to mix things up again. The fact that she and Mark are such good friends and both want a baby is a biggie.

I enjoyed this episode for the most part. It still feels incredibly weak compared to when Grey's was in its prime, but it still has a lot of interesting moments. I hope Cristina and Owen find their way together, and I really hope that Alex's character doesn't completely revert back to his old ways. I miss Alex from a year ago and am still annoyed that they had to completely drop all of that. It appears that he is turning into a jerk again, which I don't like. His character was really starting to improve.

It looks like Meredith and Derek are headed for some hard times, too. Richard always warned Derek that the stress ofbecoming Chief would be detrimental to his marriage, and although I don't think Shonda is going to thrust any huge problems on them just yet, Derek is obviously up against a lot. On the other hand, being a surgeon herself, I think Meredith understands his work load and supports him in it, unlike the situation with Richard and Adele. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

NJZ

[7]May 7, 2010
    • level: 29
    Regarding Callie and Arizona: They're just so perfect together it breaks my heart that they broke up but - at the same time - I can appreciate and understand that it got to the point where they had to. I loved how it was written too; there was no yelling or shouting as seen in previous episodes, but simply this sense of understanding and love. Perfect.

Also loved the Cristina segment of this episode. Never did I think it possible for her to choose a patient/patient's kid over a surgery (heart surgery, no less!), whether it was consciously or subconsciously, but she did. And, whatever the reason for her doing so, I was so proud of her. And I understood why she chose Owen over Meredith, but I really wanted her to choose Meredith. Mer's her person, you know?

sibowittz

[8]May 7, 2010
    • level: 17
    9.2 out of 10. Really liked the sensitivity lesson in the episode. And Cristina's segment was great. The Derek with his lawyer scenes were good too. Owen is not liking Meredith, and it's not looking good. The big guy in the episode was fun to watch. The scene when his wife told off the gang in the cafeteria was great!

pgsuperfan

[9]May 7, 2010
    • level: 25

That guys size reminded me of Dale the Whale from MONK a few seasons back

alirk

[10]May 8, 2010

sibowittz wrote:
    The big guy in the episode was fun to watch. The scene when his wife told off the gang in the cafeteria was great!

Wasn't he great? I loved his storyline!

sibowittz

[11]May 8, 2010
    • level: 17
    alirk wrote:

sibowittz wrote:
    The big guy in the episode was fun to watch. The scene when his wife told off the gang in the cafeteria was great!

Wasn't he great? I loved his storyline!

Yes, and I love the fact that he had a beautiful wife.

sabrips

[12]May 8, 2010
    • level: 8

The scene where the fatty's wife saw them joking about her husband? priceless....

Lil-Ms

[13]May 9, 2010
    • level: 12
    I'm not happy that first they broke up Mark and Lexie and now Callie and Arizona, my two favorite couples. But Alex and Lexie could be intersting to watch, it looks like Alex took the advice about becoming more serious with Lexie.

What do you think the chances are for Arizona to be so upset over her and Callie breaking up that she gets really drunk and sleeps with a guy and she gets pregnant and realizes she does want a kid, she and Callie gets back together and raises the kid?
    Ok, I'm kidding.. sort of.. I really liked them together.

juan137946

[14]May 9, 2010
    • level: 13
    no lexie and mark have to get back together i would hate alex and lexie, i loved christna in this episode i thought it was so good how she helped the little girl and explained what would happen then, it was so great, i think it was so sad how she was crying it was really good and i thought tat the fat guy story line was so good btw the gut thing was so nasty

Nat6386

[15]May 10, 2010
    pgsuperfan wrote:

That guys size reminded me of Dale the Whale from MONK a few seasons back

I think i know which one you are talking about, and it ended up being a guy in a fatsuit cause the chair couldnt hold that much weight?? am i just dreaming or am i somewhat correct??

And your right NJZ about christina and mer, i was hoping she'd pick mer too cause of the same reason you mentioned and not owen cause he is in love with teddy. I love Mer Der im like their biggest advocate, but does anyone see a spark between her and avery? like i kow they are sort of positioning hi to be with Christina with their kiss earlier this season, but i think mer and him really go well together with the famous parent/grandparent them understanding each other and joking around...maybe shonda can go another way and if something happened between mer/der (WHICH I HOPE NEVER HAPPENS) its always good to watch a bit of Drama in their lives!

KamakaLo

[16]May 10, 2010
    OMG Shonda don't tease me.....

I haven't watched this episode yet but reading that Arizona&Callie break up makes me want to actually watch haha

^^Lil-Ms - IMO it would be very out of character if Arizona were to get drunk and sleep with a man. She is more lesbian than Callie not to mention this would sorta remind me of what George did to Callie.

KamakaLo

[17]May 10, 2010

The best thing Shonda could do for this show is end some of these disgusting couples she has going on.

The end of Mark & Lexie = smart move! hope it lasts. She is much better with Alex and has more chemistry with him and Jackson than Mark.

Callie and Arizona - This would be the best break up ever! I have never believed Callie was a lesbian to begin with. She should be with Mark....but I don't see it happening as Shonda loves them ugh.

She could also end the OC couple for all I care. She ruined them this season for me. They just don't have it anymore and I don't care much for Owen like I use to

This show needs a lot of help in the relationship department. The only couple I care about is MerDer!

Edited on 05/10/2010 10:47am

Lil-Ms

[18]May 10, 2010
    • level: 12
    KamakaLo wrote:
    OMG Shonda don't tease me.....

I haven't watched this episode yet but reading that Arizona&Callie break up makes me want to actually watch haha

^^Lil-Ms - IMO it would be very out of character if Arizona were to get drunk and sleep with a man. She is more lesbian than Callie not to mention this would sorta remind me of what George did to Callie.

You're right. I'm just thinking up ways they could reunite, but I don't see how since Callie is so set on having a baby and Arizona really don't want one. So something needs to happen to change Arizonas mind.

tjaman

[19]May 10, 2010
    • level: 32
    I was so impressed with this show, and I like the comment about the relationship problems people are having. That seems to be standing out a lot heading into the finale.

Nat6386

[20]May 11, 2010
    well all we can do is wait; shonda has promised a MASSIVE change in the season finale she said its not predictable and will leaves jaws hanging wide open...I think the show as much as i LOVE it, will need this to keep it going and getting back t what greys is about which i think this ep is beginning to do...but yeah we just have to watch and see what happens