Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official 'Start Me Up' topic

Joker00303

[1]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 67

Discuss. No new eppys til Feb

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lattelady

[2]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 5

Can anyone say SOAP OPERA! And I don't mean it in a good way. The ending was just too much, too damaging.

kraylith

[3]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 10

Lattelady wrote:

Can anyone say SOAP OPERA! And I don't mean it in a good way. The ending was just too much, too damaging.

Pretty much this. At the baby thing I could almost hear crappy soap opera drama music play in. Geez.

When you think about it it's interesting, Callie said a while ago that she wanted a child, guess the timing just sucks now. But the delivery... man... not just "pregnant"... "with Mark's baby". -.-

The rest of the episode was ok, like the fake marriage, interesting dynamic.

alirk

[4]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 22

Even though I wasn't surprised by Callie's baby news, I did still enjoy this episode!

Lil-Ms

[5]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 12
    Meh. Who didn't see this coming?

I guess it could be interesting though.. depends how they play it out. I'm guessing Arizona and Callie will get back together in the end and they'll have that baby Callie wanted so much. But I'm not sure where Mark and Lexie will stand in all this.

miss_wierd

[6]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 13

Callie is NOT gay ROFL!She is bi! Arizona you are NOT listening to Callie! You hurt her! She doesn't trust you! And great twist at the end!!! As soon as Callie says she is pregnant my jaw dropped to the ground and I knew it was Mark's baby! I should have known that was going to happen when Mer told Mcdreamy that some people get pregnant easily ROFL! So what are you going to do now Arizona? Bail again?

miss_wierd

[7]Jan 14, 2011

Meh. Who didn't see this coming?

============================

Not me. I had no idea. And I don't read spoilers. When Callie and Arizona were in the elevator I thought Callie was going to grab her and kiss her hard! Then that would be UGH! But I'm glad that it didn't happen and I love the twist at the end.

But I'm not sure where Mark and Lexie will stand in all this.

==================================

I bet Mark will be happy! He wanted to take care of his daughter's baby! I don't think Lexie will be very happy tho.

KamakaLo

[8]Jan 14, 2011
    So predictable. like others said too soapy. I quit watching GA episodes ago but I caught the ending of this one. It was a slap in the face to many fan bases. What is with Shonda and her baby drama lately? I hate the baby stories especially ones like these used for drama purposes. I seriously doubt the couples break up for long over a baby. Although they could destroy their friendships which would be another slap in the face to fan bases. I don't understand why they just didn't give MerDer a good baby story instead. Oh well.

SPKPfan

[9]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 4
    I totally called it when Callie and Mark slept together!! But ya, total soap operaish at the end. Callie's delivery was a total soap opera line and it was cheesy and i almost started laughing at how she told Arizona. But overall, it was a ok episode

IAmsterdam

[10]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 7

Guys: in 43 years I haven't watched ONE episode, nor a single scene of a soap opera except ofcourse the Sitcomm "SOAP"Laughing

I am thefore very disspleased that you guys tell me that one of my favorite shows now resembles a soap, because now I must go and see one!

So, NOT OK.

CoolLaughingWink

Nat6386

[11]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 14
    KamakaLo wrote:
    So predictable. like others said too soapy. I quit watching GA episodes ago but I caught the ending of this one. It was a slap in the face to many fan bases. What is with Shonda and her baby drama lately? I hate the baby stories especially ones like these used for drama purposes. I seriously doubt the couples break up for long over a baby. Although they could destroy their friendships which would be another slap in the face to fan bases. I don't understand why they just didn't give MerDer a good baby story instead. Oh well.

You cant watch the end of one episode and assume that the whole ep because of it. Besides if you only watched the ending you need to go back and watch last weeks ep, 'Disarm' was fantastic...

however having said that, comparing to last week this ep was just okay. What I love is CHRISTINA being back on the team, what I think will be a burgeoning romance between teddy and her "husband", Eli and Bailey - LOVE LOVE LOVE and the med students, particularly the one who fainted and called yang heartless before she gave him that talk!

But definitely want to see LESS of Callie and arizona!

I love Greys and I believe this season for me has been great but I think they need a new character or a totally new plot line for some r/ships, plus who knows this may be the last season, the original characters only signed on for 7 years not certain about the 8th season extension, so now is not the time to give up on greys especially because its the best show out there.

KamakaLo

[12]Jan 16, 2011
    ^ Nat, I was talking about the baby part not about the whole episode. Also GA has already been renewed for an 8th season. I may not be watching like I use to but I do still read about it just to see if anything gets better. As for the SOAP Talk, I'm one of those people who watch soaps and they do this a lot with couples lol. In fact in the beginning with MerDer and Addison reminded me of a soap as well.

Nat6386

[13]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 14
    ^ okay fair enough, and oh really? I hadnt read that, well I am damn excited and yeah I used to watch soaps too - esp B&B, and i get what you mean but the ep apart from that, last sort of "WOW" moment wasnt bad I think they were hoping this would shock a lot of viewers and if you dont regularly talk about greys with people it probably would have shocked you, but it is a good way of ensuring more people tune in next week cause they want to know how arizona takes it, but i want more focus elsewhere - maybe jackson and kepner and alex!!

KasenStuff

[14]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 5
    I loved this episode. As I love all episodes. Sure it's a bit soap-y at times, but ALL TV dramas are... ALL!!!!

And I agree that they need Mer/Der to get pregnant for good. I really hate this "We can't" stuff that they love to pull all the time...

As for Cal... I was a bit surprised. Not overly, but a bit. And I hope Arizona sticks with it. Knowing how badly Mark wanted a baby, he might want to be with Cass for awhile... but it'll end the way it's suppose to. But at the very least he WILL want to be a part of his babies life. I was glad Arizona came back... and I get that Cal is hurt... But she's being a bit harsh...

kacey7

[15]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 1

Maybe my expectations are high, especially since 7-11 was written so well, but this was the worst written episode of the season so far. Really bad, and the baby storyline is straight out of daytime TV-literally. I expect better than recycled daytime TV storylines from Grey's.

pgsuperfan

[16]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 25

first chance I have been able to watch in weeks Greys still great

juan137946

[17]Jan 21, 2011
    in my opinion it was a great episode, i think it will be very good the next few episodes and i wanna see wat happens, it was also really funny i thought and even though the ending was sorta soap opera-ish it was great, and i mean technecally it is a type of soap opera.

juan137946

[18]Jan 21, 2011
    also i just read adele is gonna come back to seattle, i liked her.