Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official ' These Arms are Mine' topic

Joker00303

[1]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 67

Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KamakaLo

[2]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 22
    Wow, thought I'd hate this episode but I actually ended liking it. At first I didn't but then it started to get good especially the Alex and Jackson parts.

BoobTubeMania

[3]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 5

As much as I love Christina, I am officially over her being "broken". Enough already, go get some therapy and get back to being! I'm really tired of that storyline.

I am surprised about Callie & Arizona, but I guess they had no where else for that story to go.

I am very curious as to what is going to happen next week.

antdude

[4]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 27
    BoobTubeMania wrote:

As much as I love Christina, I am officially over her being "broken". Enough already, go get some therapy and get back to being! I'm really tired of that storyline.

I am surprised about Callie & Arizona, but I guess they had no where else for that story to go.

I am very curious as to what is going to happen next week.

Me too. I just hope GA doesn't overdo it for future episodes. I also do like how it is follow-up with the last season finale.
    Edited on 11/04/2010 11:19pm

JaiCSC

[5]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 17

I liked it too.I thought it would be quite dull and would phone it in too much but it was very good.

I really didn't like that they killed off Mary though. It did seem unnecessary to bring her back just to have her die but oh well but aside from that it was very good.Alex's story was very good. Jackson's was good too no matter how brief.Now I never thought I would say this but I have to agree. Make Cristina like Cristina again. This stuff with her is just getting tedious now.

Now I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this but. Callie and Arizona are gone? Hooray!LaughingI know they'll be back but knowing they won't be on screen for a while makes me happy.

One thing I want to know too. How self contained will this episode stay? I wonder if they reference that Lexie's actions technically led to Jackson's meltdown. Did that patient die too, I can't remember.

Edited on 10/29/2010 12:47am

Tirill

[6]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 3

LOVED IT !!

But Christina needs to get over the shooting already.

horvathgamer

[7]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 8

Great episode, I was cracking up over lexie's problems with security. Alex was awesome in this episode. Mary's death had to be one of the most heartbreaking deaths we've had in a while on the episode. Does anyone know if Arizona and Callie are gone for good. The two of them are awesome characters and the show wouldn't be the same without them. Please let me know if you guy's have heard if they're gone, or if it's just a leave of absence.

greysanatomy12

[8]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 16

Best episode of season 7 so far,for sure!

KamakaLo

[9]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 22
    Agreed, The old Cristina needs to come back cause she is really missed. Yeah too bad Callie n Arizona are staying cause it would have been a good exit for them.

bonezrulz05

[10]Oct 30, 2010

Callie and Arizona are only gone for a while. They're not gone forever, otherwise Jessica Capshaw and Sara Ramirez wouldn't still be series regulars. I'll miss themFrown

JaiCSC

[11]Oct 30, 2010

horvathgamer wrote:

the show wouldn't be the same without them.

I know. It'd be better.

ZING!

horvathgamer wrote:

Please let me know if you guy's have heard if they're gone, or if it's just a leave of absence.

But seriously. They are coming back. I'm pretty sure I saw an episode still with Callie and Peter MacNicol's character who's coming in a couple of weeks time. I think this is a way to cover Jessica Capshaw's absence for her pregnancy and maternity leave for the time being.

Edited on 10/30/2010 10:29am

sibowittz

[12]Oct 30, 2010
    I don't know why the episode grade is 8. It is the best episode this whole season! WTF? I gave it a 9.5 out of 10.

naaros

[13]Oct 31, 2010
    • level: 5
    I really enjoyed the episode overall. I was 90% sure Mary was gonna die like halfway through the episode, though. You don't go around saying "this is such a routine and easy surgery" and "I want lots of babies after this" and expect to be alive at the end of the episode.

ecgirl08

[14]Oct 31, 2010
    • level: 57

I agree, naaros. It was also a red flag when Mary talked about how she and her husband did a bunch of traveling over the past six months and blew through their savings because "you only live once". I had a feeling at that point that something was going to happen...although I still feel that it was a completely random and stupid thing to do. How much are they going to put poor Bailey through? I guess the writers were trying to go for the irony of it all--like the Chief said, she survived a crazed gunman, but then she died a few months later from a simple surgery. I loved Mary's character so much, and this was easily one of Mandy Moore's more likable performances as an actress. Now I'm interested to hear if the husband is going to be coming back for another episode. I remember reading somewhere that Mary was returning for one and he was returning for two. I have no idea how they're going to write him in again, unless he gets sick himself, but that seems a little far-fetched to me.

Arizona and Callie's temporary (?) exit from the show was truly a shock. I never saw that coming. I know Jessica Capshaw is going on maternity leave, but I'm surprised Sara Ramirez is leaving too. Maybe she just wanted a break too, for whatever reason...or maybe she'll come back sooner than Arizona because she hates Africa or something.

Overall, I thought this episode wasa big improvement over the past few episodes...probably the best of the season so far. I liked the idea of the documentary going on through the entire thing. There were no conversations among the characters that weren't being filmed (at least none that I could remember), which gave it a different "feel". Even though we know these characters so well by now, it had a way of making us feel like we were on the outside looking into their lives for the first time. That being said, it was easy to spot the phoniness of certain people in their interviews...like the Chief, for example. You could totally tell he was putting on a show for the cameras at times.

I agree that Cristina's trauma storyline is getting old, and the writers need to bring her character back to where it was, or at least take some bigger steps forward in getting there. It was a compelling plot thread at first--and a great opportunity for Sandra Oh to showcase her talent--but now it's time to move on. I mean, come on, if poor Bailey can still be standing upright at this point, then Cristina should be able to pick herself back up. They might be able to get away with it for a couple more episodes at most, but I just hope they don't overdo it and try to stretch it even longer.

I have to say, though, that Alex was my favorite part of this episode. He had a fantastic storyline with that little girl. The time seems to be coming for his character to shine professionally, which is long overdue--and well deserved for Justin Chambers. He's growing into the kind of character you just want to root for more and more. If only they hadn't completely messed up his and Izzie's marriage, I'd be 100% thrilled with where his role has ended up...but I guess we can't have everything.

I also liked when Derek was talking about Meredith and Cristina's sleepovers in his bed while he was in it...lol.

Edited on 10/31/2010 8:24pm

angelber13

[15]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 6

I agree pretty much with everyone. Most esp about Cristina. They have to move on from the PTSD storyline coz I'm getting sick of it. I miss the old Cristina! The bad ass cardio surgeon Cristina!

And I've got to say something: April must go!!!!!! I'm sorry but for me she is the most annoying character ever. I hated her ever since she first appeared. And I hate her NOT in the "the more you hate the more you love" way. I hater her in the "I wanna turn off the TV" way. And it seems they are using Meredith to make her likable but its not working at all. She really has to go. I can't take her anymore.

Whew. I just really needed to let that one out. ;p

Tirill

[16]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 3

angelber13 wrote:

And I've got to say something: April must go!!!!!! I'm sorry but for me she is the most annoying character ever. I hated her ever since she first appeared. And I hate her NOT in the "the more you hate the more you love" way. I hater her in the "I wanna turn off the TV" way. And it seems they are using Meredith to make her likable but its not working at all. She really has to go. I can't take her anymore.

OMG !! I couldn´t agree more. I can´t stand her !! She is just an annoying little cry-baby !! GET HER OFF THE SHOW !! She´s been fired once, and she never should have come back.

horvathgamer

[17]Nov 1, 2010

I'm surprised with the anti April sentiment. I've found myself starting to like her this season. Don't get me wrong, she's not a favorite by any means, but she adds an interesting element to the show. Also come on, if Alex is ever going to get someone (romantically) she or teddy are the only options. I don't see it happening with teddy, so unless they introduce a new character, April seems like the most likely of candidates of current cast members.

sibowittz

[18]Nov 2, 2010
    horvathgamer wrote:

I'm surprised with the anti April sentiment. I've found myself starting to like her this season. Don't get me wrong, she's not a favorite by any means, but she adds an interesting element to the show. Also come on, if Alex is ever going to get someone (romantically) she or teddy are the only options. I don't see it happening with teddy, so unless they introduce a new character, April seems like the most likely of candidates of current cast members.

Exactly, I like April. Mostly out of the hospital though!

hakone1

[19]Nov 4, 2010

horvathgamer wrote:

I agree. She is getting interesting this season and less annoying.

ecgirl08

[20]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 57

I get the feeling that Alex and April might get together, too. I always thought that might be a possibility, but I don't know...maybe Alex is a little too much of a "bad boy" for April? I mean, this is a girl who is still a virgin at 28 and admitted that nobody has loved her yet. I would hope that the writers would give her a nice romantic storyline without making her jump right into bed with someone just so she can be like everyone else on the show. On the other hand, Alex does seem to be looking for someone "normal" in his life, and maybe April would fit that bill. I wouldn't mind seeing it, personally, but I don't think many fans would like it. They are still working on fitting her character in with the others and making her likable, so forcing her into a relationship with Alex might be pushing it, especially if they try it too soon.