Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Patrick dempsey only staying 1 more season

bdancer99

[1]May 31, 2011
    • level: 11

SoPatrick dempsey has said that the next season will be his last season on grey's, and that even thoughthe show was a great part of his life he said that he can't see himself doing it anymore.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aliSuz

[2]May 31, 2011
    • level: 8

I read that today too. I hope they cancel the show after this upcoming season. Or at least Ellen better leave along with Patrick so Meredith and Derek are still together. Though to be honest, I don't want to watch Grey's without them even though I love Lexie. I seriously hope they end the show. It's better to go out on a "high" note than let it drag on until season 11 lol.

bdancer99

[3]May 31, 2011
    • level: 11

i agree, i don't want them to keep having more and more seasons without the original cast, i think they should end the season on a good note, with as many as the original characters as possible.

KamakaLo

[4]May 31, 2011
    • level: 22
    GA isn't GA without Meredith and Derek imo They really should end it after next season. Although Shonda seems to believe Lexie and the newbies can carry the show. I just wonder about Ellen though cause what if she decides to stay? Where would that leave MerDer and I'm sorry but I can't see her there without her McDreamy.

Ingelief

[5]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 7

i just read this, i was schocked, especially i read that he said was a part of his life but its enough. that enough in the sentence was crual to me, what happend? why did he not like greys anymore?

I agree with some of you, that merder should stay together so ellen has to leave too. But i dont know if she is going to do that. Patrick made some great movies, but i dont know ellen besides greys so she might think no way i wanna keep my salary

Also i think lexie mark etc can carry the show. Lately i dont see much merder so its ok for me to go one with the show. And especially with the stupid think mer did, which i dont get and find bad writing, i think they are both done, dont get me wrong i love them but i love the show more, so especially now off the map is canceled i wanna have a hospital serie

So for me let them both leave, together as couple, and hope great other thinks happen with the cast. Lexie and mark back together? Or sandra second thoughs about the baby

Edit: here a link

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/patrick-dempsey-leaving-greys-anatomy-2011315

The part that he says he is done, i find very harsh almost spoiled *spelling* do you get what i mean? Its like dont care what the others do but im done dont see me doing it anymore, really strange thing to say

Edited on 06/01/2011 1:02am

anglutje

[6]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 3

meredith and derek make the show. it would be disappointing to see the show go on without these two in it, and together. best finish on a high note. maybe next season shall be the last?

sibowittz

[7]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 17
    If Shonda's smart, she'll end the show after season 8, and focus on Private Practice and her new show, Scandal.

pamhalpert

[8]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 14

Meredith hasn't been relevent for 2 years, and I agree that McSteamy, Lexie, Avery, Yang, Owen, and Bailey (Plus Webber) could carry this show for a couple more years. Let's face it. ABC's line up sucks!! It's Grey's?, or a new crappy reality show.?

alirk

[9]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 22

pamhalpert wrote:

Meredith hasn't been relevent for 2 years, and I agree that McSteamy, Lexie, Avery, Yang, Owen, and Bailey (Plus Webber) could carry this show for a couple more years. Let's face it. ABC's line up sucks!! It's Grey's?, or a new crappy reality show.?

I disagree. I think Meredith has been very relevant. Personally I (almost) always love her storylines. And also I don't think ABC's lineup sucks either. They have/had The Middle, Better With You (RIP) & Private Practice...All great shows Sealed

Ingelief

[10]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 7

pamhalpert wrote:

i agree for mer wasnt the highlight anymore. I loved lexie and mcsteamy I think they can carry this show. I loved off the map, shonda did that too right?? and that was cancelled.. so better fix this show than a new one for me..

KimberlyWilliam

[11]Jun 14, 2011
    • level: 2

I agree with both of you the show can carry-on without them. But you forgot about calzona, heck I didn't even start watching the show until Addison and Mark came along.

aliSuz

[12]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 8

Of course the show CAN carry on without them. But it doesn't mean it should. It's already repeated storylines with slight variation. And Lexie and Mark have become the "new" Meredith and Derek in regards to the on-off-will they - or - won't they- relationship. Don't get me wrong I love Lexie and Mark lol. I just think it should go out being good instead of just "ok" or more likely less than ok.

Nat6386

[13]Jun 18, 2011

i have read somewhere that if mer and der leave then the rest of the cast dont think they will do greys anymore. I was already aware pat wanted to leave and ellen actually said from season 3 that they were signed on for eight and she didnt think they would do anymore than that.

I am an insane greys fan, but the show should end if pat and ellen leave as much as it pains me to say. It could go on for another season but all the histor of it being MEREDITHS not lexies show will be there and it will suffer i.e. Scrubs, One tree hill etc. and besides i love lexie with jackson, he is better for her!

I think next season will be the last

pamhalpert

[14]Jun 27, 2011
    Nat6386 wrote:

i have read somewhere that if mer and der leave then the rest of the cast dont think they will do greys anymore. I was already aware pat wanted to leave and ellen actually said from season 3 that they were signed on for eight and she didnt think they would do anymore than that.

I am an insane greys fan, but the show should end if pat and ellen leave as much as it pains me to say. It could go on for another season but all the histor of it being MEREDITHS not lexies show will be there and it will suffer i.e. Scrubs, One tree hill etc. and besides i love lexie with jackson, he is better for her!

Several months ago, I read that Ellen was gone after season 8, and Patrick said that he would stay on as long as there was a good storyline, and the rest of the cast said quote "We Will Stay Until The Ship Sinks". I guess Shonda is running out of storylines if Patrick is done.

Nat6386

[15]Jul 3, 2011
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:

Several months ago, I read that Ellen was gone after season 8, and Patrick said that he would stay on as long as there was a good storyline, and the rest of the cast said quote "We Will Stay Until The Ship Sinks". I guess Shonda is running out of storylines if Patrick is done.

wow i guess its all over the place..... but i think it will end after next season, its going to be so devastating!!!!

pamhalpert

[16]Jul 12, 2011
    Nat6386 wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:

wow i guess its all over the place..... but i think it will end after next season, its going to be so devastating!!!!

It doesn't have to be. If they get rid of whiny Meredith; they can move foreward without that annoying b!tch.

nujackle

[17]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 1

I hope he leaves and meredith stays. He's such a douche and considering he brides himself on being faithful and honest he's actually always acting like a N*B towards mer. Mer can do better.

nujackle

[18]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 1

and the fact he loves himself when he has that nose and irritating self-love is even worse.

Nat6386

[19]Jul 30, 2011
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:

It doesn't have to be. If they get rid of whiny Meredith; they can move foreward without that annoying b!tch.

:O!! YOU DONT LIKE MEREDITH?!? at all...... who do you like?? Meredith is the heart and soul of this show!!! her character is brilliant!

Nat6386

[20]Jul 30, 2011
    nujackle wrote:

and the fact he loves himself when he has that nose and irritating self-love is even worse.

but at the same time you have to realise its not real, and they have to add drama, their relationship is so epic that it will ultimately be merder together without a doubt!