Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Patrick dempsey only staying 1 more season

pamhalpert

[21]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 14
    Nat6386 wrote:
    nujackle wrote:

and the fact he loves himself when he has that nose and irritating self-love is even worse.

but at the same time you have to realise its not real, and they have to add drama, their relationship is so epic that it will ultimately be merder together without a doubt!

Mer was great in the 1st 3 seasons; but she has become irrelevant in he last couple seasons. What a whiney hole she has become.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Loralee_jk

[22]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 38

he was kinda just being a dick...he's staying longer

pamhalpert

[23]Aug 21, 2011
    Loralee_jk wrote:

I heard a rumor on a great website called tv.com, that Patrick, and Ellen might stay past this season.

Nat6386

[24]Sep 11, 2011
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Loralee_jk wrote:

I heard a rumor on a great website called tv.com, that Patrick, and Ellen might stay past this season.

seriously?? but 'MIGHT' is i think the key word, hasnt patrick gone public yet?? i thought he had..

KhemAusetHo

[25]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 1

Yeah, when they fired Meredith, I thought to myself, Grey's Anatomy without Meredith Gray--How'd that work? Her job saved, but the newly weds are fraying, and then the baby was taken away? That's a lot for a marriage to with stand,'d think. It's bad enuf that Isaiah Washington is gone, and loosing Dempsey? Owen, Alex and Avery are okay, but...MerDer forever!

MsBoonzie

[26]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 10

I think this isridiculous. Why can't he see himself doing this anymore? I just don't understand, he will never do as well as he did on Grey's Anatomy.
    I do think that this is the last season of the show, but if it's not, Patrick did a terrible mistake.

Jack_bauer24

[27]Jan 18, 2012

A few days ago it was reported on digitalspy that Patrick may stay after series 8 also this was reported as well!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s46/greys-anatomy/news/a359422/greys-anatomy-to-continue-says-abc-exec-paul-lee.html

silverswan1

[28]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 3

Totally agree, if Meredith leaves-there is no show. It has her Mother's last name in the title after all. Tonight's dream episode was silly and uneventful. I am ready for it to end and let characters merge with Private Practice. KH should go there instead of Grey's for more staying power. PP. needs more characters because it is starting to be incestious. Even soap operas add fresh meat. Nothing against Bratt-a welcome addition to the show. Grey's is becoming annoying and wish I had dvr'd it and watched Person Of Interest. lol

pamhalpert

[29]Feb 10, 2012
    silverswan1 wrote:

Totally agree, if Meredith leaves-there is no show. It has her Mother's last name in the title after all. Tonight's dream episode was silly and uneventful. I am ready for it to end and let characters merge with Private Practice. KH should go there instead of Grey's for more staying power. PP. needs more characters because it is starting to be incestious. Even soap operas add fresh meat. Nothing against Bratt-a welcome addition to the show. Grey's is becoming annoying and wish I had dvr'd it and watched Person Of Interest. lol

I disagree. I have stated many times that 1st of all..Meredith had became so insignifigant the last couple seasons, and 2nd of all...Grey's is one of those lucky shows where they literally have 10 main characters. Plus; If you are a big fan of Grey's; is the title of the show really going to bother you??

evafan2005

[30]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 18

I've been loving this season personally, and I really hope it sticks around for at least a couple more seasons. I will be watching faithfully as long as it's on the air, with or without Meredith and Derek!

Loralee_jk

[31]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 38

Maybe

AnnalieTennan

[32]Mar 17, 2012
    • level: 2

I read somewhere that apparently he will only stay on if they are able to fit the filming schedule around his beloved car racing. He knows that his character is very important to the show and that Shonda Rhimes would definitely think twice about letting his character go opposed to letting him go off and be a petrol head a few times a year.

Edie70

[33]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 19
    I fear that we will get a massive cast departures after season 8 ends.

sshan39

[34]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 7
    The show can exist without mer/der. I will miss the fireindshop of mer adn christian tho. As long as Sloan, avery, Bailey, Christina and Lexie stay i am happy.

antdude

[35]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 27
    sshan39 wrote:
    The show can exist without mer/der. I will miss the fireindshop of mer adn christian tho. As long as Sloan, avery, Bailey, Christina and Lexie stay i am happy.
    Nice typos.

Ingelief

[36]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 7

i will watch again and for the show makers : PLEASE dont quit greys if patrick is gone. I think it will work fine with all the other charachterS!

is lexie not a grey then? then the title is still ok, but i think the title doesnt mather for most fans at all.

I wish if patrick goes mer stays because i love the mer.christinna bit.

What i dont get is that in 8 years they only last 5 years for them. And now with the boards coming up and the interviews elswhere, will this cast be ok in season 9?????

peppersimone

[37]Apr 27, 2012

We have survived others leaving before that we loved. I dont think the show should end. I look forward to it every week. I still love Meredith and her friendship with Christina. But i am hoping Patrick changes his mind. It could happen. Let's all just get him to stay. I am mean he is not in a lot of movies or anything. Where will he go?? We should just convince him to stay.

Edie70

[38]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    I've never liked this character of Derek. Have no idea why he's the McDreamy one. There's absolutely nothing dreamy about this guy, well not his weirdo voice.

littlebitliz

[39]May 14, 2012
    • level: 2

I'm really shocked by the attitude some of you have about this, that you think he is being the selfish one. I think it's selfish of fans to trash talk him and act like he's a terrible person because he wants to leave the show! For you, this is a TV show, big deal (and I take my TV shows pretty seriously). But for him, this is his life. He's been on the show for 8 years, that's a long time to be doing the same thing. And sure, the show is successful, but, you know, sometimes people care about more things in their life than success.

This is just like when Katherine left and everyone complained about her and said it was because she wanted to be a bigshot and do movies. Never mind that she was starting a family and, you know, maybe wanted to have more time to devote to her family, which is easier when you're doing movies and can essentially set your own schedule.

I have loved Patrick on the show and would love for him to stay. But honestly, he hasn't had much storyline lately, and if he wants to leave for his own reasons, I respect that.

chartah

[40]May 20, 2012
    • level: 21

Edie70 wrote:
    I fear that we will get a massive cast departures after season 8 ends.

So it looks. If Cristina leaves Seattle, and most likely so does Meredith and Derek (if they all survive of course), Teddy and Kepner have already been fired and Lexie is dead. Who is left? Of the originals the only ones left are Bailey, Weber and Alex. Also Arizona and Mark (if they survive) will be there, alongside Owen, Callie and Jackson. Hmm...

I'm surprised who will "lift" the show now. I'm really gonna miss Lexie. Hope the rumours are true, that Izzie (Katherine Heigl) is coming back. If nothing better happens in the storylines now (and someone really good enters the show), I hope season 9 will be the last season. I cannot see "Grey's" without Meredith, Derek, Cristina AND Lexie. We have already lost so many other good characters durings it's run. For me, season 8 would have been the perfect season to cancel the show. Except for Lexie dying - they should've ended season 8 with her and Mark getting back together.

Edited on 05/20/2012 8:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.