Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Season 1 dvd question

[1]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 3

Hi guys,

I am new to Grey's Anatomy and I just finished series 1 on dvd and I enjoyed it, I orderd series 2 on wednesday but it didn't come yesturday so it might come tomorrow anyway this is where i need advice as i am confused.

In the series 1 dvd boxset it says episodes 1 - 14 but i am confused as i have been to wikipedia and it says they are only 9 episodes but what is the extra 5 episodes for in the dvd boxset?

Can anyone reply back and let me know thanks, Alax and derek are my favourite characters so far!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Dec 18, 2011
    • level: 11

I also have the Grey's Anatomy Season 1 DVD as well and I think I can help you on this. The actual reason why the Grey's Anatomy Season 1 DVD only has 14 episodes is because ABC made Season 1 the shortest season because they didn't know how successful Grey's Anatomy was gonna be on TV but it was also to sell the season DVD at a real inexpensive price. I watch myGrey's Anatomy Season 1 DVD almost every day and I love the episode with Keith David in it because I secretly have a crush on him but I actually got Grey's Anatomy Season 1 on DVD because my favorite character on Grey's Anatomy is Derek Shepherd played by the handsome Patrick Dempsey. Gotta love Pat,

Hope you found your answer 24,

[3]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 18

Grey's Season 1 was supposed to be 14 episodes, but they shortened it to 9 episodes so that it's finale would air the same night as Desperate Housewives (Grey's used to be on Sundays during seasons 1 & 2) but they had already filmed the last 5 episodes, so they were moved over to Season 2, giving that season a total of 27 episodes. Here in the U.S. Season 1 was released as is with only 9 episodes, and season 2 with 27 episodes. DVD sets sold outside of the U.S. season 1 is sold with all 14 episodes for season 1.