season 2 start date for the UK??

lil_g_76

[1]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 1

i know season 2 was shown on living tv, but because charmed has finished, i no longer watch that channel, and therefore missed that it was on there.

however, channel five are showing season 2 this year, like they did last year with season 1, i just wondered if anyone knew the start date?

five's website says it is coming soon, but not how soon!

thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lil_g_76

[2]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 1
    anyone?

BAUCTU

[3]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    Season 2 has nearly finished on livingtv, so it shouldn't be long now.

Astarcsi

[4]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    If they do what they did with Season 1 and show it back to back with House, then we've got quite a wait ahead. Season 3 of House isn't due to air until March .

tqfan

[5]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 3
    march isn't so bad, only about 5/6 weeks. my birthday's in march

at least it's not another 6 months we have to wait!

BAUCTU

[6]Jan 19, 2007
    Astarcsi wrote:
    If they do what they did with Season 1 and show it back to back with House, then we've got quite a wait ahead. Season 3 of House isn't due to air until March .

I read somewhere that they won't be doing that again. They didnt get the ratings they wanted so are trying Grey's in a different slot.

mcsteamyandme

[7]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 9
    if you're having a hard time waiting for season 2, maybe you can download a torrent file of season 2.. and season 3 as well.. there are a lot of sites of the net..

Astarcsi

[8]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Astarcsi wrote:
    I read somewhere that they won't be doing that again. They didnt get the ratings they wanted so are trying Grey's in a different slot.
    I enjoyed House and Grey's Anatomy back to back It made for a great Thursday night. Suppose Grey's Anatomy was on a bit too late for some people, though Living TV is showing them at the same time Five would be if they did back to back again.

tqfan

[9]Mar 8, 2007
    i thought they were going to be back to back, but oh no, they've dropped house in favour of back to back greys, i PREFER house!!

what's the point in back to back greys? it doesn't make sense to me.

AlliePinder

[10]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 11

As it started last sunday, i guess you probably know the date now, but if not it is on channel 5: 8-9pm sunday nights.

Does this mean that because they are now showing it on channel 5 that the dvd won't be released until it has finished? I watched it on LivingTv and kinda hoped it would be released soon!

ellymoo

[11]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    I think you might be right about the season 2 DVD release date in the UK. I checked play.com and they say sometime in May which could be after Greys Anatomy finishes on five. x

buffyheir

[12]Mar 8, 2007

The UK airing schedules for Grey's suck.  It's amazing how crap like 'Bones' has a regular primetime slot on Sky One but they failed to pick up on one of the highest rated shows in the US.

For those who don't have sky, they have to wait and watch in on Channel FIVE(??)  I barely watch channel five on principle.

Can't believe Channel four didn't have the good sense to get in a bidding war for Grey's as they're usually the best for showing primetime US shows. They've a big hole in their schedule since Will and Grace and Friends finished.  Not to mention e.r. is living longer than my great grandmother.  So instead, they've got Ugly Betty.  Which while I like, it's not compusive viewing like Grey's, Prison Break, Heroes, 24 (or it used to be) etc.

So it's only channel five.  Where most people don't even look at that part of the channel listings.  Because it's channel five.  Urgh.  Grey's is no where near as popular as it should be, it's been broadcast and marketed all wrong here.

So.  Yup.  Bittorrent is sooo the way forward.

BAUCTU

[13]Mar 8, 2007
    LivingTV do a good job with Grey's. It gets a LOT of advertising on there! Five, well they're five. It's been said that the double bills are so that the UK can catch up on US a bit quicker.