Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Season 9

martymcfly1885

[1]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 1

What are people's thoughts on Season 9 so far? I really havent been a big fan myself and I have a few reasons why:

1 - No Lexie and no Mark! I still cant believe they killed off two of the best characters.

2 - All the focus on the new interns. Even without Chyler Leigh and Eric Dane, it is still a large cast. I think all the focus on the 5 new interns means less screen time for everyone else. I would like more focus on the characters we have followed for years, instead of the "new class"

3 - Everybody winds up back at Seattle-Grace. I know that it where the show takes place, but I thought one of the more interesting storylines of Season 8 was that their residency was coming to a close and that they would have to move on to bigger and better things. It just wasnt a good payoff to that storyline to have them all come back to Seattle anyway.

Thoughts/Comments?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pamhalpert

[2]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 14

I'll watch Grey's until the end. Even though I still miss the early years. I loved Mark and Lexie too. I don't know why Lexie left the show; but it's public knowledge that Eric Dane got into a huge argument with Shonda.

I don't think any cast could be better than having, Katerine, T.R, and Isiah. I used to love the character of Arizona when she was a perky Doctor on rollerskates. Now she is a complete downer, and a b!tch. I liked Mark when he was a man whore. Then they felt the need to turn him into a love sick puppy dog. I think that is when things started going down hill.

There is nothing special about the new interns. I've watched every episode with them, and I honestly can't name one of them. They are all a complete fail. Although I do have high hopes for the girl intern that plays Alex's "Friend".

kanniballl

[3]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 18

Arizona is a lot better now than the earlier part of the season. I REALLY hated what they did to her character's personality at first. I mean, it fit with what she went through... but I missed happy-Arizone.

She's (mostly) back to normal now.

Yes, she recently had that melt-down in front of Derek... but she was right. He's driving the group to do this, that, or the-other-thing and each decision made things worse for the hospital.

And it was a big decision... they have money now. They also have young kids, some physical traumas, and some emotional ones to deal with that. Money doesn't cure it, but it DOES make it easier to deal by being able to afford stuff... such as things someone missing a leg might need. He's talking about using Mark Sloan's money... when that money is for his kids and not Derek's whim.

When someone is talking that fast and passionately trying to get a group to make a decision in the next 4 minutes and not letting you get a word in edge-wise, sometimes you have to crank up the volume and project.

antdude

[4]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 27
    It's OK/decent.

wildhoney66

[5]Mar 14, 2013
    • level: 13

from my understanding the reason we no have Lexie anymore is cause the actress was ready to leave the show. from my understanding Shondra or Chyler i forget who said that she spoke about how her character was going to leave. in short she & Shondra talked about it for months. as for why Mark was killed off? i don't know i think it was just plain stupid that they did that. and honestly i've really enjoyed this season.

nobody expects a show to stay the same as it did in the early days. and having the doctors who did leave come back i'm glad they did do that. a LOT of shows do that where this or that character quits in a finale like in the season finale of "Castle' last season where "Beckett' quit the force.

you know she's going to have her job back in the premiere at some point cause the show is nothing without her. and when you have a show like Grey's. when that happens i hadn't heard anything about any other actors leaving the show so it's a given they were coming back. and they did have Christina go away for awhile on the show while she dealt with how she felt about the crash.

but in the recent events having them put Avery in charge like that is just plain stupid.

chris_friends

[6]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 12
    I thought I was the only one who thought that! It's just starting to feel like a different show. Like someone else said, I will continue watching till the end, but it's still a bit sad to see ALL these big changes that went on with this show.

wildhoney66

[7]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 13

well there's no doubt there have been many changes like i said. like making Derrick and them the owners of the hospital for example. even though

i like that idea it's still a HUH? it's something i have to get used to i guess. i dunno if i'm the only one here who feels like this but i'm i guess more open to what'll happen next? in season 6 which i haven't seen since it 1st was on. even though i own all 8 season on dvd. and i'm only starting to watch that season now. well that's where i stopped watching really after starting with season 1.

anyways i'm rambling sorry. my point is i remember that being a terrible season season 6 i mean cause they had merged those 2 hospitals and i remember thinking that was a dumb idea cause they had far to many cast members on the show. but than it oddly enough gave me my favorite finale of the entire shows history. the seasons after that i missed some episodes cause i was watching CSI or "The Secret Circle' last season so i missed some episodes of course. but i do remember season 7 being better. and this season so far has been one of the better ones they've had in awhile that i've seen in it's entirely. plus i also am one of those people who just HATE stopping shows and i have to watch it until the end.

only times i stop watching it is when they change the air time and another favorite show of mine is on at the same time. and i lose track of what's happening like in 'Smallville' i watched the whole 1st season and loved it and i caught part of the 2nd season than i missed some episodes and i gave up on the show only cause i lost track of what was going on. and you can't always do that ya know? am i alone in this? and sorry about my ramblings here folks.

evafan2005

[8]May 18, 2013
    • level: 18

pamhalpert wrote:

it's public knowledge that Eric Dane got into a huge argument with Shonda.

Seriously? I never heard about that! What happened?

Milaneh

[9]Jun 4, 2013
    • level: 8

I absolutely loved this season! It made me really hooked on the show after so many years! All of the storylines were interesting and I've even grown to like the new interns.

I really hope Hilarie Burton's character stays for a while (if not FOREVER). Kepner was really fun to watch throughout the season and she has never been hotter!

Everyone was great and the show is definitely doing so many thing right! Well done, Shonda! Keep up the good work!

antdude

[10]Sep 27, 2013
    • level: 27
    ABC should make season 10 the final one.