Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Shonda Rhimes says Grey's Anatomy season 9 premiere might start with more death!

chris_friends

[1]May 21, 2012
    • level: 12

I don't know if people read Shonda Rhimes' latest interview with E!

Anyway, here's some stuff that she said:

"They're still out there in the forest, and we don't know if they are going to be OK," she said. "We left it open for a reason because ... I hate to say this, but just because you saw people alive at the end of the finale doesn't mean they're going to be alive when the season starts up."

"We are completely jumping off into the unknown next season."

"everyone is still so immersed in 'Who died?'" that "no one is talking about the thing that I actually think is important and was the point of the [season finale]."

"I think there's something very unsatisfying about the way that it ends ... I like the ride. Doing the shooting episode was really great because while it was gut-wrenching and hard to do, I knew who was OK."

"And in this, we don't know who's OK. We still don't totally know who's OK."

"There's still choices to be made. It is very unsettling. The idea of my Meredith and my Cristina in the wilderness without a match, chewing half a stick of gum each, having each other, while beautiful, was really painful."

"I feel like everyone has the right to have the reaction that they want to have. I think part of the reason why I am staying away from the reaction is I fully get that this is an unsatisfying finale."

"I have to focus on what happens next. Paying attention to fan reaction or going online to see what everyone has to say about it is paying attention to what happened before, and that does not actually help me at this point."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaiCSC

[2]May 21, 2012
    • level: 17

Oh goody.

I genuinely want to know if this will be as meaningless and purposeless as the one in the finale.

Edited on 05/21/2012 3:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.