Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Shonda Rhimes talks about the season finale... [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!]

chris_friends

[1]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 12

So I don't know if you read the article or not (I'll post it when I find it again), but here's what Shonda Rhimes said about the finale:

"a beloved character will die on the shocking season finale, leaving the fans crying..."

She also mentioned that the writers were all crying their eyes out while writing the finale because it is gonna be THAT emotional, and the deaths o shocking and unexpected.

My thoughts: another death? again? really??!!! i have a feeling it's going to be Bailey, but I hope not!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[2]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    OMG. Cristina, Alex or Derek?

peppersimone

[3]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 1

Oh come on! They cant kill off everyone! They have to change it. If Patrick is going to leave, they dont have to kill him off, they can have him there and talked about but never seen and making guest appearances or something. If it is someone else, wth?? Why are all the people we love leaving? Or maybe it's Adel. That wouldn't be so bad. It cant be Meredith, Christina, Karev, Callie, Lexie or Derek. That would just be too mean to do to us. They all have to stay. They have to convince Derek to stay too and thats it.

peppersimone

[4]Apr 27, 2012

or bailey. It cant be her either. I forgot her.

Edie70

[5]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    Maybe Owen or Teddy. They seem to be so desperate and miserable lately. She's a widow, he's been so unhappy with Cristina ....

Genzie

[6]Apr 28, 2012
    The article says the character is beloved. Teddy and Owen are not beloved atm. I think it's someone from the original cast ; Meredith,Derek or Christina most likely. Arizona might be an option aswell. Everyone has a SL going in the finale, except for Arizona/Callie, so it would be unexpected and sad. Plus Arizona is a fan favorite. Derek or Christina seem the most likely.

chris_friends

[7]Apr 28, 2012
    True, the article said the character is "beloved" so I doubt it would be Adele or Teddy for example.

Maybe the Chief??

chris_friends

[8]Apr 28, 2012
    By the Chief, I meant Richard not Owen lol

Lattelady

[9]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 5

Since she used the word "beloved" instead of key or main character, I think it's Richard or maybe Adele.

KasiaLichota

[10]May 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    I think that Izzie might come back and die in Seattle Grace.

Ofuda

[11]May 3, 2012
    • level: 9

Why do they need to kill regulars off? Can't they just allow them to move away or whatever. This year Henry (Scott Foley) has already died, I really liked him, and now a regular? *muttering*

BlondeGal

[12]May 4, 2012
    • level: 4
    In case no-one has read the other article, it also says that none of the regulars are being killed off, either is Bailey, Mark or Avery. So that leaves April, Lexie, Richard, Callie, Arizona, Teddy and Owen.

chris_friends

[13]May 4, 2012
    This is really starting to get to me. I think I read the article like 20 times and I hate that it says "beloved character". I'm so scared!!

Also, April failed!! I actually thought it was going to be Alex!

Ofuda

[14]May 4, 2012
    • level: 9

In this article it says one of the regular. Read under May 17th.

http://www.toronto.com/article/725755--tv-s-house-gone-for-good-may-21

Faithin1

[15]May 7, 2012
    • level: 10
    It is a series regular, but not an ORIGINAL. I have read that several times now. So, that should mean that Meredith, Karev, Christina, Derek, etc, those people are safe.

TarnishedAngel

[16]May 10, 2012

OK so my first thought was Arizona, because A) she said she can't go through losing someone important again. and B) because if she dies, then they have a reason for Karev to stay. They give him head of paeds and that trumps Hopkins. Then I thought no... because the fight with Derek and Mer could mean that Patrick wanted out.... Then I thought... Lexi! because SR said the reunion would be bittersweet... Mark realizes he loves her but realizes it too late. They show her pinned under a big piece of wreckage, and him saying they have to get her out... maybe when they do, she dies? wasn't there something about that in a past episode? where once they moved the victim out, that the blood from the internal organs flooded into the belly... but then I came across this... warning this will tell you who it ISNT http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/05/original-greys-anatomy-cast-returning-for-season-9-and-10/ I made the link white so that it didnt spoil for those who really don't want ANY spoilers. so this kind of narrows it down, doesnt it? Kepner wasnt on the plane, but I don't think she is being renewed either... and I didn't see Avery in the promo but he has become a beloved addition... AGH I can't wait until next week!!!

Ingelief

[17]May 10, 2012
    • level: 7

Damn what a episode plane crash really?? :S

Who was on it: arizona, mer der christina

Alex kepner webber and jackson werent on it.

Was mark on it???

Who will die.. i hope its arizone, it cant be Mer, christina, Der, webber, alex, miranda because they all renewed there contract.

Arizone will be missed, ill doubt it will be owen or teddy i dont think there they loved so.

PS: I hate it if next season will be a season where all are loved residents are everywhere but in seatlle. how will that work? I dont think it will. Cant they all stay?! Please let MER and christina stay in seatlle i love there friendship.

Alex please also stay i know he got a big offer but i hate to see him go.

Who do you think will die??

wanderer79

[18]May 10, 2012

In case people aren't freaked out enough, I'd like to throw another grenade on the pile- just because an actor has signed with the show next season doesn't mean they won't kill them. If Grey's has proven anything in the past, it's that they are not above bringing back beloved characters from the beyond. I think Denny was on more episodes AFTER he died. Someone who has already signed for next year could make regular appearances in flashbacks or something like that too. I doubt any of the original primaries would agree to limited screen time rather than just leave, so it probably is one of the later additions. Can't wait to find out!

JaiCSC

[19]May 11, 2012
    • level: 17

OK so the news of this death caught my attention. Haven't really watched this show since last year because the main three plus many others decided to act stupid... again... at that stage.

Watched the last few recent episodes with their exam but there's still a lot to catch up on because I have many questions and I may have to update that list I once made.But the big scary imminent death is what I'm here to talk about.

If they kill off Lexie. I will be seriously annoyed. Since her introduction she has been my favourite character apart from Bailey she is impossible to dislike. She can be funny, sweet and endearing. And if I started watching this show again seeing how she turns out would be the biggest reason why.

Despite last years stupidity fresh in my mind I'd be gutted to see Meredith, Alex die. I'd also hate to see Bailey, Derek or the Chief go out in that fashion.

It'd be pretty sad to see Mark, maybe Jackson die too.

I won't be broken up about April, Cristina, Owen, Teddy, Callie or Arizona.

I doubt Cristina would go so with Arizona on the plane. I know other people love for some reason but for me she's still the character that stuck around to be the love interest for another character I didn't like in the first place. Everyone seems to like her (to satisfy the cherished character requirement), I don't so best option for me really. If she goes I'd be content.

onetreehill4eva

[20]May 11, 2012

my opinion is: the 3 most beloved characters are christina, meredith and derek. from the next ep promo, we see christina and meredith alive so i think that it's derek. plus i heard he might not be playing in the next season so i think it's him