Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Shonda Rhimes talks about the season finale... [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!]

Edie70

[21]May 11, 2012
    • level: 19
    That depressingly shocking promo for #824 totally broke my heart I am not looking forward to next week, it's gonna be an emotional one for me (TV-wise) 'cause my beloved DH is ending and GA will be shocking
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

suze43

[22]May 11, 2012
    • level: 1
    I think that April will commit suicide!

sshan39

[23]May 11, 2012
    • level: 7
    from everything i have read i think it is callie or arizona. but callie isnt on the plane. I really thought it was callie. it still could be i suppose.

Edie70

[24]May 11, 2012
    Really??? Callie wasn't on the plane? I only know that Owen was still in the hospital. April is losin' it, worried about her

memmapunk

[25]May 11, 2012
    • level: 7

so i read that it was a beloved character that doesn't belong to the initial "crew"

so it left us with kepner, hunt, lexie, arizona, callie, teddy, jackson, sloan..

lexie, sloan and arizona were on the plane, so one of them could die...

oth, maybe april would kill herself, now that she's leaving behind her christianity and living new stuff..

i don't know who died and i'm crying.

Edie70

[26]May 11, 2012
    I bet it was Arizona, she's pretty much very beloved

Bren_thy_God

[27]May 12, 2012
    • level: 14
    My gut is saying Arizona . It's her friend that worries me if she dies he could get her heart maybe? Plus Callie isn't there. The situation could bring Mark and Lexie back together... Tragedy and all.

From the promo's Mark looks alright (Lexie and Arizona are under the plane which makes them the most likely candidates) BUT on Private a couple of seasons ago Dell and Maya were in a car accident and Dell looked fine and ended up dying from an aneurism so I think Mark is still in the mix.

TornIdentity19

[28]May 13, 2012

My theory; Alex dies. In the last few minutes of the episode Arizona told him he couldn't go on the plane because he was going to Hopkins...so we're all assuming he didn't get on board. But what if he did. That would be a surprise and shocking. I know hiscontracthas been renewed but youneverknow with Shonda Rhimes...if it's not Alex, I think it will be either Sloan or Lexie.

Bren_thy_God

[29]May 13, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Shonda has said the originals are safe from death.

Edie70

[30]May 13, 2012
    Well, Mark and Lexie are not the originals. They could pretty much go.

chris_friends

[31]May 14, 2012
    • level: 12
    No, actually Shonda didn't say the originals are safe from death. We're all assuming that because their contracts have been renewed for Season 9 (and probably 10 too) but we never know with Shonda. I mean, Izzie had cancer and was dying in her hospital bed and then....George got hit by a bus!!

We really can never be sure (not even 70%) who is going to die until Thursday. Seriously, I can-NOT wait. I haven't been this excited about a Grey's Anatomy episode since Season 5!!

KamakaLo

[32]May 14, 2012
    • level: 22

Um IMO Mark would be considered an original because he's been there almost since the beginning as well as Callie.

I have read EP, PD, SO, JC, CW, JP have all renewed their contracts unless one is a lie they are all safe. I have also read that Mark and Jackson are safe.

I've read Jesse(Jackson) say he's close to the one that dies and it made me think of Lexie and April. Mark and Lexie are to have a bittersweet ending which could mean many things. I've also thought of Arizona because of what she said to Callie about not leaving.

Bren_thy_God

[33]May 15, 2012
    I saw George's death coming he was being phased out too much. So the second the took the bus victim in I knew it was him.

NadiaVeleva

[34]May 17, 2012
    • level: 5

my guess: Derek will hurt his hand really badly and won't be able to operate for a long time, so Meredith will stay with him in Seattle. Arizona will be paralized for a good part of the next season (or lose her leg altogether), which will make Karev stay at Seattle out of guilt, cos he was meant to be in that plane instead.

so how to make Christina stay? only one way - she's leaving Owen... so he will be the one to die! how? my guess is: Kepner will try to commit suicide, he will find out and try to stop her, but die instead...

it fits perfectly - it's a surprise, he's a rather likeable character, but also a famous actor who spent quite a long time in this show, so maybe he's decided to move on...

then again, both Lexie's and Arizona's actresses have small children, so you never know...lol

Edie70

[35]May 17, 2012
    chris_friends wrote:

We really can never be sure (not even 70%) who is going to die until Thursday. Seriously, I can-NOT wait. I haven't been this excited about a Grey's Anatomy episode since Season 5!!
    Well, season 5 was pretty solid. I personally haven't felt such excitement in 2 long years ever since the deadly season 6 finale shooting.

KamakaLo

[36]May 17, 2012
    The most surprising thing about this episode? killing Lexie 22min in. I've never been a big fan of Lexie so I can't say I'm upset/angry but one thing is sure I couldn't be happier about the end of Slexie. Oh yeah! I want McSteamy to return please! No depressing Mark next season no just NO..

zedtaker

[37]May 17, 2012

KamakaLo wrote:
    The most surprising thing about this episode? killing Lexie 22min in. I've never been a big fan of Lexie so I can't say I'm upset/angry but one thing is sure I couldn't be happier about the end of Slexie. Oh yeah! I want McSteamy to return please! No depressing Mark next season no just NO..

Shocked they killed lexie. I thought Shonda wanted lexie to continue the show after Meredith left the show? I thought GA was like ER but for it to continue a Grey needs to be in it. I guess that means GA will end in its 10th season. I'm still thinking it could be a dream now that they know all of them are coming back next year. They can show in the season 9 opener that it was a dream!

KamakaLo

[38]May 17, 2012
    ^I hope its not a dream because that would be so lame don't you think? and I think I read some place that it wasn't true about her taking her place if EP ever left. GA should end after 10 seasons any way don't you think? that would be a good run for it imo.

chris_friends

[39]May 17, 2012
    • level: 12
    I was disappointed that it was Lexie, just because there are so many other characters on this show that I simply do not care about (Owen or April for example) so why kill off Lexie (who, to me, is basically one of the originals considering she's been around for a really long time). I don't know what season 9 is going to be like. I'll definitely keep watching the show, but I'm still too sad about Lexie dying

Also, if this turns out to be a dream, I will DEFINITELY stop watching the show. But I doubt it's a dream. As much as I want it to be one (so that Lexie survives), it would be SO lame and stupid to just do that to the fans!

JaiCSC

[40]May 18, 2012
    • level: 17

SON OF A ************************************!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

You her killed off in favour of the likes of April, Owen, Teddy, Callie and Arizona. The people who one year ago added NOTHING to this show and from what I gather a year later they are still vapid and uninteresting.The latter two whose very existence and popularity I still find thunderously baffling.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

As you can tell. I wasn't lying when I said I would be annoyed if she went.

EDIT:

I've got one last thing to say.

That's how you want to kill of a popular character? Really that's how you want to do it?

These last few episodes I've watched she's done nothing but pine over Mark AGAIN!!! (And please tell me that wasn't the reason she and Jackson ended it.) She's had no glory, no last triumph nothing spectacularly Lexie these past few episodes. This episode she was doomed from the start and killed off before the halfway point for added shock. Even the manner of her death wasn't treated with much dignity or purpose rather than to just have her die and tie one last loose end while it happened.

If she had to die, fine, doomed from the start death, fair enough use it properly and have her hold on for most of the episode or end on her death. But to go out so quickly and brutally is a completedisservice. I'd be lying if I said I loved the Lexie and Mark thing as much as others do but It was OK, it was just a it was a par for the course romance on this show. I liked her as anindividualmore than part of a relationship with Mark and I liked how sheinteractedwith others as well, I liked how her relationship with Meredith developed and I really liked those moments. And that's what's pissed me off so much, she didn't go out as her own character, first and foremost she went out as shock death to give a tragic end to a SIDE PLOT. If Meredith was there when this happened or she had a proper conversation with her then I would forgive this. That shifts to focus and impact to Meredith which is where I'd like to see the aftermath to give it main focus and concern.

As for the rest of the episode. Really really dull. Stuff at the hospital couldn't care less. Stuff after Lexie died, didn't care either because I was really annoyed.

Oh and when Cristina asked why does this keeping happening? All the weird stunts, That's all on the head writer who has completely lost the plot.

Edited on 05/18/2012 3:20am