Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Speculation Only Thread/The Off-Topic Thread

  • Avatar of KLALK

    KLALK

    [141]Apr 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/01/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 2
    littleditylum wrote:
    SojiroRelentles wrote:
    GargylovesWolfy wrote:
    BufferZone wrote:
    GargylovesWolfy wrote:
    Izzie pregnant with George's baby, quicky-divorce for Callie/George, quicky wedding for Izzie/George, Izzie bio-daughter returns, the O'Malley's help raise George's *son* (George, Jr.), Izzie's mom makes an appearance and embarrasses the hell out Izzie.

    MerDer end up falling apart on their own, Merdith realizes it's always been George, has to eat her heart out, and eventually, George divorces Izzie (on Izzie's insistents that he's in-love with Merdith, and they can teach their children the importance of true love), George and Merdith get married and live happily ever after.


    don't hold your breath


    It'll happen....because MerDer are boring.


    Have to agree with you there


    hell no they're not!


    they are totalllly cute
    they are soooo no boring
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MrsMcDreamyy

    MrsMcDreamyy

    [142]Apr 1, 2007
    • member since: 03/11/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 68
    littleditylum wrote:
    SojiroRelentles wrote:
    GargylovesWolfy wrote:
    BufferZone wrote:
    GargylovesWolfy wrote:
    Izzie pregnant with George's baby, quicky-divorce for Callie/George, quicky wedding for Izzie/George, Izzie bio-daughter returns, the O'Malley's help raise George's *son* (George, Jr.), Izzie's mom makes an appearance and embarrasses the hell out Izzie.

    MerDer end up falling apart on their own, Merdith realizes it's always been George, has to eat her heart out, and eventually, George divorces Izzie (on Izzie's insistents that he's in-love with Merdith, and they can teach their children the importance of true love), George and Merdith get married and live happily ever after.


    don't hold your breath


    It'll happen....because MerDer are boring.


    Have to agree with you there


    hell no they're not!


    totally
    they are soooo cute, not broing at allll
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sushi432

    sushi432

    [143]Apr 1, 2007
    • member since: 02/06/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 677
    MrsMcDreamyy wrote:
    littleditylum wrote:
    SojiroRelentles wrote:
    GargylovesWolfy wrote:
    BufferZone wrote:
    GargylovesWolfy wrote:
    Izzie pregnant with George's baby, quicky-divorce for Callie/George, quicky wedding for Izzie/George, Izzie bio-daughter returns, the O'Malley's help raise George's *son* (George, Jr.), Izzie's mom makes an appearance and embarrasses the hell out Izzie.

    MerDer end up falling apart on their own, Merdith realizes it's always been George, has to eat her heart out, and eventually, George divorces Izzie (on Izzie's insistents that he's in-love with Merdith, and they can teach their children the importance of true love), George and Merdith get married and live happily ever after.


    don't hold your breath


    It'll happen....because MerDer are boring.


    Have to agree with you there


    hell no they're not!


    totally
    they are soooo cute, not broing at allll


    They're nothing but fluff. It's sad to think that what makes this show popular is them. There is so much more to this show than one lame-ass couple.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pet_Petra

    Pet_Petra

    [144]Apr 1, 2007
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,976

    sushi432 wrote:
    They're nothing but fluff. It's sad to think that what makes this show popular is them. There is so much more to this show than one lame-ass couple.

    Let's stop with this enormous quote thing But I agree with Sushi432. There's is so much more going on in the show than MerDer. They're definitely not my favorite couple, I don't really care what happens to them.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of almostAfencer

    almostAfencer

    [145]Apr 14, 2007
    • member since: 04/14/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3
    ilovemilo wrote:
    I really hope Alex and Izzie stay together, because although he can be an ass and their relationship seems to be all about sex, I really do think they care for each other. And Denny just kind of creeps me out!


    yeah.. i think so too. like denny is already a corpse (nice one alex!) denny just doesn't look good enough for izzie. or a better maybe it'd be nice if they send in a new intern who will truly care about izzie (not just in bed), someone better than alex and hotter!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pet_Petra

    Pet_Petra

    [146]Apr 14, 2007
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,976

    almostAfencer wrote:
    [...] someone better than alex and hotter!

    Yeah, like that's even possible

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wvchica

    wvchica

    [147]Apr 25, 2007
    • member since: 02/02/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 41
    I guess it's not really speculation, but with Meredith and Derek on the rocks in the coming episodes, I would like to see her get together with Mark. They've always seemed to have a sort of connection, and not even on a sexual level. They are able to talk about things and all that kind of stuff and then the whole Jane Doe surgery thing. I don't want her to go have sex with him like she would some random person like she has every other time something bad happens, but I think it would be interesting if something of substance came about with them. I know it would hurt Derek, but really he should be happy for her. And if they're on the rocks he probably chose the race for chief over her, so he really has no claim over her anyway. Just an opinion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cblasco703

    cblasco703

    [148]Apr 25, 2007
    • member since: 01/02/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 14
    I think that Addison is going to move to L.A. assuming the spin off is a hit with us the viewers and the critics. She will realize that there is nothing for her in Seattle because Mark is good only for a few rolls in the hay. Derek has moved on to Meredith because she slept with Mark and Alex isnt ready for kids and she is at that point in her life where she wants a family. Callie will find out about George and Izzy and he will move back in with the gang and Derek and Meredith will have a huge fight over her attempted suicide and Bailey will become Chief.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ANW556

    ANW556

    [149]Jul 5, 2007
    • member since: 06/28/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 58
    I think that George will tell Callie about Izzy and she'll move with Addison. Bailey will become chief. Alex will try to go find his Jon doe . And i just hope that MerDer get back together cause the show wouldn't be the same, then it would just be a bunch of mean, sad interns who can't get there life together.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lauralou354

    lauralou354

    [150]Jul 11, 2007
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    Well addison is off to LA, therefore i am thinking that Mark needs a new love interest!!! I am heard that Gizzie isnt going to happen, which i am glad about!!! However this creates an opening so i am thinking that Izzie and Mark may be on eventually!! They seem to have a really good chemistry and she puts him in his place!!! I like him and Meredith but i am a total Merder so i just cant have it!! I have no clue what will happen with George!!!! Merder will have a touching speach and decide to 'take space' while Meredith sorts herself out and deals with her issues, this will last about 7 episodes followed by a a nice fluffy make-up!! In my opinion
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lisadancer12

    lisadancer12

    [151]Jul 24, 2007
    • member since: 07/24/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 31
    I think a Mer/Mark pairing would be interesting to see...seeing as that they were the original 'dirty mistresses' so to speak. But I love Mer/Der too much also! However, I don't think Shonda would EVER write Mer/Mark. It's extremely obvious that Meredith and Derek will be together (no matter how many times they break up) in the end. The series will probably end with them married. They are 'the couple' of Grey's. Every series has one. There's always a couple in every TV series that you just know from the first time they meet, they'll be together in the finale. And that's Meredith and Derek. Also, with Lexie coming in and all, and her having already met Derek, I don't think Shonda could do that either...write Derek fooling around with Lexie after he just gave his whole 'You're the love of my life...I can't leave you' speech to Meredith in the finale. But although I think Mer/Mark would be hot...I don't think it will ever happen (and I love Mer/Der too much!). Because we saw how much that broke Derek, his wife cheating on him with his best friend, I don't think Derek could ever forgive Meredith for that. She is the love of his life...so I think their relationship would be unredeemable if Shonda went the Mer/Mark route. As for Gizzie...I'm pretty laid back about whatever happens to them. I had a feeling since early season 2 that Shonda was going to take them somewhere other than friendship...b/c I think thats why she made them so close/best friends...b/c she wanted them to eventually be together. I can somewhat see how Gizzie works...and why they 'love' each other...but I could also be on the side of the Gizzie haters, and not really understand how they fell in 'love' so quickly. I think if Shonda really wanted this to be believable, she should have been dropping very subtle hints that there might have been more than friendship there since the beginning of season 2. Not just bring it out of nowhere and a bottle of whiskey (or w/e it is they drank that night). They should have had more moments like they did when they just stared at each other...where they questioned wheather they were 'just friends' or not...like they did when they were drunk. Just my thoughts!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bridgetwala

    Bridgetwala

    [152]Aug 6, 2007
    • member since: 08/05/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 98
    I agree I would love to see Mer\Mark and i love MErDER but I dont the writer will go this far yah i think S4 Mer and Der will Break up but at the end of THE Series they would end up Happily Married coz they are the couple of the show so No matter what will Happen I dont see Der and MEr not getting their Happy ending as far Alex I always Tought Izzie was perfect for him
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Alexxx821

    Alexxx821

    [153]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 899
    I really wanted something more to happen with Alex and Addie, but I guess that's not going to happen since she's leaving.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dyle123

    dyle123

    [154]Nov 1, 2007
    • member since: 11/11/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,511
    Anyone think that Callie may be pregnant?

    I mean, that whole "I want a baby thing" and them trying must have happened for a reason. And I can't imagine George and Izzie getting their perfect happy ending... I think it could be interesting! Unless that whole baby thing was just to show Callie's desperation at that time, but like they were trying!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Yakira

    Yakira

    [155]Jun 1, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 39
    • rank: Fonzerelli
    • posts: 1,300
    I don't think Rose is coming back but some people think she might. Since it seems that more often than not, the only way to get a recurring role is to date a main cast member, I wonder who she would hook up with if she did come back. Come to think of there's another way to get a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy... be related a main cast member. Could Rose be secretly related to someone? Who? My guess is Alex.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ambika

    ambika

    [156]Jun 2, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 644

    Yakira wrote:
    I don't think Rose is coming back but some people think she might. Since it seems that more often than not, the only way to get a recurring role is to date a main cast member, I wonder who she would hook up with if she did come back. Come to think of there's another way to get a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy... be related a main cast member. Could Rose be secretly related to someone? Who? My guess is Alex.

    Not sure the Rose relatedness thing -- but I wonder if Rose may linger as a presence, as a 'legend' that is hard for MerDer.

    Saying that, I have been wondering if Dr. Catherine Wyatt (Meredith's psychaitrist) is one of Derek's sisters, as he has mentioned in the episdode where his sister Nancy visited, that there is another sister who is a psychaitrist and her name sounded like (can't say it was) Catherine. If that is the case, it would mean hopefully more of the awesome Amy Madigan and an interesting complication to Meredith and Derek's relationship.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AlliePinder

    AlliePinder

    [157]Jun 2, 2008
    • member since: 02/04/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 279
    ambika wrote:

    Yakira wrote:
    I don't think Rose is coming back but some people think she might. Since it seems that more often than not, the only way to get a recurring role is to date a main cast member, I wonder who she would hook up with if she did come back. Come to think of there's another way to get a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy... be related a main cast member. Could Rose be secretly related to someone? Who? My guess is Alex.

    Not sure the Rose relatedness thing -- but I wonder if Rose may linger as a presence, as a 'legend' that is hard for MerDer.

    Saying that, I have been wondering if Dr. Catherine Wyatt (Meredith's psychaitrist) is one of Derek's sisters, as he has mentioned in the episdode where his sister Nancy visited, that there is another sister who is a psychaitrist and her name sounded like (can't say it was) Catherine. If that is the case, it would mean hopefully more of the awesome Amy Madigan and an interesting complication to Meredith and Derek's relationship.

    I guess but I think she was way too old. Derek would have mentioned it if his sister worked in the hospital and I think they would have similar features (like Nancy had dark hair etc) besides I think she would have mentioned something to Meredith considering how much she talked about him, wouldnt it be morally wrong to keep that kind of information from meredith? I do like the character a lot though!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ambika

    ambika

    [158]Jun 3, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 644
    AlliePinder wrote:
    ambika wrote:

    Yakira wrote:
    I don't think Rose is coming back but some people think she might. Since it seems that more often than not, the only way to get a recurring role is to date a main cast member, I wonder who she would hook up with if she did come back. Come to think of there's another way to get a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy... be related a main cast member. Could Rose be secretly related to someone? Who? My guess is Alex.

    Not sure the Rose relatedness thing -- but I wonder if Rose may linger as a presence, as a 'legend' that is hard for MerDer.

    Saying that, I have been wondering if Dr. Catherine Wyatt (Meredith's psychaitrist) is one of Derek's sisters, as he has mentioned in the episdode where his sister Nancy visited, that there is another sister who is a psychaitrist and her name sounded like (can't say it was) Catherine. If that is the case, it would mean hopefully more of the awesome Amy Madigan and an interesting complication to Meredith and Derek's relationship.

    I guess but I think she was way too old. Derek would have mentioned it if his sister worked in the hospital and I think they would have similar features (like Nancy had dark hair etc) besides I think she would have mentioned something to Meredith considering how much she talked about him, wouldnt it be morally wrong to keep that kind of information from meredith? I do like the character a lot though!

    She could be an older sister (funny, she's not much older but uses much less botox/restylane) and they do have facial resemblance, if different hair colour...

    You're right that it could be an ethical dilemma according to some governing bodies of psychotherapists, but not all. Depends on the philosophical background to the training and the situation of the patient -- especially as when Mer started therapy, MerDer had broken up, so that would install a kind of boundary. Lots of shrinks withhold personal information as a professional boundary to maintain focus on the patient's issues.

    One reason for disclosure would be if they were to meet outside of the hospital (example: both invited to a wedding), but Derek was told off by Nancy for not being in touch with any of his sisters. Mer has only told Christina about therapy (as well as interrupting Hahn's session and I doubt she'll go blabbing), so there could be some things hidden in the unsaid.

    Saying that, I also know I am conveniently assembling details to entertain an idea while the show's on hiatus -- it is speculation.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.