Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Spoilers Only Thread.

ParisDoyle

[201]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    ParisDoyle wrote:
    510: All By Myself - All promos
    New ABC promo, AI ILY scene, Mark and Lexie....enjoy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ParisDoyle

[202]Nov 26, 2008
    Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'Grey's Anatomy-Nov26

ParisDoyle

[203]Dec 2, 2008
    Matt Mitovich Mega Minute - Dec.2

TesserT

[204]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 81
    Latest from Kristin E!Online

Callie is still exploring her sexuality & in this week's ep she starts suspecting Sadie might be into her...although there is what seems like an initial flirtation, it doesn't go anywhere. Mark & Little Grey continue circling each other (P.S. This Thursday is the last new Grey's Anatomy of 2008.)

maybe2

[206]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 7

OK, HUGE spoiler! Maybe this will shed a little light on the Izzie/Denny storyline. My source for this article is EW.com, who talked to a Grey's insider.

IZZIE/DENNY GHOST STORY PLOT REVEALED!

Warning: Stop reading, Grey's Anatomy fans, if you don't want to know the big secret behind Denny's afterlife love affair with Izzie.

I'm serious. Stop.

Okay then, here we go. Turns out Shonda Rhimes wasn't lying when she told me last month that a brain tumor wasn't what was causing Izzie's case of "I see dead people... and have sex with them!" But she was being sneaky.

Last chance to run, spoilerphobes!

According to multiple sources, Izzie's hallucinations are health-related -- and brain-related. And although the specific name of the ailment is being kept in the safe underneath Rhimes' desk, I'm told it's similar to an aneurysm. And every time it flares up, she sees Denny. And sometimes when it really flares up, she shags him. (A Grey's rep could not be reached for comment.)

But wait, there's more! Izzie's aneurysmish disorder was never intended to be fatal. Plans change, but, per an ABC insider, Rhimes didn't cook up this story in order to grant Katherine Heigl's alleged wish to be let go from the show. Rather, the boss wanted to give her employee the thing she allegedly wanted, the thing that eluded her last season: great, Emmy-worthy material.

And say what you want about the story, Heigl has delivered.

For their part, ABC execs remain divided except for on one point: Everyone acknowledges that the plot is asking the audience to take a huge leap. "It's definitely an unorthodox story, but I trust in Shonda," maintains one suit, who says the press will eviscerate the net no matter what they do. "If we interfere, we get blamed for messing with someone's creative vision. If we don't do anything, we get blamed for the backlash. You really can't win."

Another insider says Alphabet execs are getting antsy waiting for the audience to find out about the underlying medical issue fueling Izzie's spectral romance. So antsy, in fact, that they are applying some light pressure on Rhimes to speed up the reveal. Once you know the reason Izzie is seeing Denny, they figure, you'll be much more willing to go along for the ride.

Well, let's put that theory to the test: Now that you know what's behind Izzie's condition, do you feel better? Worse? Indifferent? Sound off below! (Personally, I can get on board with this story now. I think.)

Again, not my article, as I'm still hating this storyline. But still, my friend and I were talking about this and she was saying that Izzie had to be crazy because Shonda said it wasn't a brain tumor, but I said that was true yet Shonda didn't say she wasn't sick.

Source: EW.com

Jamus02

[207]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 16
    maybe2 wrote:

OK, HUGE spoiler! Maybe this will shed a little light on the Izzie/Denny storyline. My source for this article is EW.com, who talked to a Grey's insider.

IZZIE/DENNY GHOST STORY PLOT REVEALED!

Warning: Stop reading, Grey's Anatomy fans, if you don't want to know the big secret behind Denny's afterlife love affair with Izzie.

I'm serious. Stop.

Okay then, here we go. Turns out Shonda Rhimes wasn't lying when she told me last month that a brain tumor wasn't what was causing Izzie's case of "I see dead people... and have sex with them!" But she was being sneaky.

Last chance to run, spoilerphobes!

According to multiple sources, Izzie's hallucinations are health-related -- and brain-related. And although the specific name of the ailment is being kept in the safe underneath Rhimes' desk, I'm told it's similar to an aneurysm. And every time it flares up, she sees Denny. And sometimes when it really flares up, she shags him. (A Grey's rep could not be reached for comment.)

But wait, there's more! Izzie's aneurysmish disorder was never intended to be fatal. Plans change, but, per an ABC insider, Rhimes didn't cook up this story in order to grant Katherine Heigl's alleged wish to be let go from the show. Rather, the boss wanted to give her employee the thing she allegedly wanted, the thing that eluded her last season: great, Emmy-worthy material.

And say what you want about the story, Heigl has delivered.

For their part, ABC execs remain divided except for on one point: Everyone acknowledges that the plot is asking the audience to take a huge leap. "It's definitely an unorthodox story, but I trust in Shonda," maintains one suit, who says the press will eviscerate the net no matter what they do. "If we interfere, we get blamed for messing with someone's creative vision. If we don't do anything, we get blamed for the backlash. You really can't win."

Another insider says Alphabet execs are getting antsy waiting for the audience to find out about the underlying medical issue fueling Izzie's spectral romance. So antsy, in fact, that they are applying some light pressure on Rhimes to speed up the reveal. Once you know the reason Izzie is seeing Denny, they figure, you'll be much more willing to go along for the ride.

Well, let's put that theory to the test: Now that you know what's behind Izzie's condition, do you feel better? Worse? Indifferent? Sound off below! (Personally, I can get on board with this story now. I think.)

Again, not my article, as I'm still hating this storyline. But still, my friend and I were talking about this and she was saying that Izzie had to be crazy because Shonda said it wasn't a brain tumor, but I said that was true yet Shonda didn't say she wasn't sick.

Source: EW.com

If this is true, that would make my day. It's the only logical explination to this whole weird storyline, so it would make me happy. And I have to agree with the execs on this, they need to speed up the reveal, cause almost everybody is getting fed up with this whole is he a ghost or not thing.

TVFreakGirl

[208]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 4
    Yep, this is pretty much what most of us had guessed from the start. And from the start, I, for one, said it was still going to be stupid. Out of the three possibilities--brain illness, ghost, or insanity--this was the least idiotic since it can actually occur in the realm of reality, but it is just so ... dumb. This crap belongs on a daytime soap. Oh, wait, it was. Did Shonda watch General Hospital last year? Because I think she owes those writers some royalties for ripping off their (stupid) storyline. Or is it not the same because that character had a brain tumor and Izzie has something aneurysm-like? Shonda, just because you tweak the specific type of brain disease doesn't make it any less of a copycat storyline. Like I said, regardless of which of the three outcomes the story turned out to be, neither of them would make this plot not stupid. And lo and behold, it's stupid.

God, what happened to this show?

Minxsmommy

[209]Dec 5, 2008
    Where has it gone? To hell in a handbasket! I don't care what kind of 'illness' she has this is just beyond sickening. And I'm really tired of Mark Sloan being the community penis Give him a serious relationship already and quit making him the McManwhore. This show is seriously circling the drain!

mfirefly10

[210]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 6

TVFreakGirl wrote:
    Yep, this is pretty much what most of us had guessed from the start. And from the start, I, for one, said it was still going to be stupid. Out of the three possibilities--brain illness, ghost, or insanity--this was the least idiotic since it can actually occur in the realm of reality, but it is just so ... dumb. This crap belongs on a daytime soap. Oh, wait, it was. Did Shonda watch General Hospital last year? Because I think she owes those writers some royalties for ripping off their (stupid) storyline. Or is it not the same because that character had a brain tumor and Izzie has something aneurysm-like? Shonda, just because you tweak the specific type of brain disease doesn't make it any less of a copycat storyline. Like I said, regardless of which of the three outcomes the story turned out to be, neither of them would make this plot not stupid. And lo and behold, it's stupid. God, what happened to this show?

So basically, Shonda just lied through her teeth once again (kinda like when she said BS wasn't fired because her character is a lesbian. Didn't believe her then, either). Seriously, does she think there is THAT much difference between "tumor" and "aneurysm" that she didn't just flat-out lie when she said Izzie's not suffering from a brain tumor?! Same thing, Shonda. Still a crappy way to explain a crappy storyline. I was actually hoping Rhimes was telling the truth and they'd put some whole new twist on this storyline. Instead, they recycled the Nikolas/Emily storyline from GH (which also SUCKED)...Not that a "new twist" would make this storyline suck any less but at least it wouldn't have been so dang predictable.

I find it really funny that THIS is the storyline they chose to give an unhappy Heigl. I'm still hoping Shona is an evil genius and she made up this storyline to create so much hate for Izzie that the ABC brass would have to get rid of her (and seeing as how much they LOVE KH, it'd take something this polarizing to get them to axe her). After all, we all KNOW they can get rid of whoever they want and make up some stupid excuse about an "organic end to the storyline". And with all the bad-mouthing that's been said about Heigl's character lately, the ABC execs may have no other choice but to axe Heigl and kill Izzie. *Crosses fingers and prays this is Shonda's way of simultaneously getting rid of Heigl and rebelling against ABC's control* But...I seriously doubt it.

ambika

[211]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    My speculation is that Heigl said she has to go through more suffering than Pompeo did before MerDer stayed together, and that Gizzie will end up together. I think this nonsense is competitiveness between actors and screen time and just everything that ruins good television.

---Els---

[212]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 16

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b71289_greys_anatomy_blind_item_whos_in.html

Very interesting... kind of explains why haven't seen any George- Although the other person it could be is Derek... I dont know though

maybe2

[213]Dec 15, 2008

Much to my relief, Melissa George won't be staying on Grey's Anatomy as a regular. According to her, "I think I'm going to do 8 [episodes] and that's it," she says. "We'll see." (Source: People Magazine)

She's already done three episodes, so I'm not sure if she meant eight more or eight episodes in all. If she did mean eight in all, that means she's probably done in five episodes.

flubman

[214]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 11

Promotional Photos - Episode 5.11

photos

mn1203

[215]Dec 19, 2008

5X11 "Wish You Were Here"

Bailey teams with Seattle Grace's new pediatric surgeon, Dr. Arizona Robbins, to save the life of a young patient near and dear to her heart, as the admittance of a death row inmate at the hospital stirs anger in Derek and further erodes Meredith and Cristina's friendship; meanwhile, Callie and Sloan work as a team to fight their respective attractions to Sadie and Lexie, and Izzie tells Alex that she's seeing Denny.

5X12 "Sympathy for the Devil" - Promotional Photos

Derek's mother, Carolyn, makes a surprise visit to Seattle and meets Meredith for the first time, as Mark tries to conceal his relationship with Lexie from her as well; meanwhile, death row inmate William wishes to donate his organs to Bailey and Arizona's patient, as Owen and Cristina try to go on their first date.

ParisDoyle

[216]Dec 28, 2008
    New - ABC January Promos

ParisDoyle

[217]Dec 29, 2008
    Grey's Anatomy: Lexipedia's Havin' a Baby!

ParisDoyle

[218]Jan 6, 2009
    511 : Wish You Were Here - Sneak peek 2

ParisDoyle

[219]Jan 6, 2009
    511 : Wish You Were Here - All 6 Sneak Peeks

mn1203

[220]Jan 8, 2009

Eric Stoltz on his 3 episode stint in GA:

Eric teases about his character's purpose: "I would have to say that I insinuate myself in between Mer and Der in a way that isn't exactly helpful."

Um, is that because when you put a loaded gun on a table in the first act you have to fire it in the third act, and by extension, if you put a killer in the first episode, he's got to kill someone in the third episode?

Says Eric (with a fair amount of feigned affrontery) about that prospect, "I'm not about to tell you what happens! Why would anyone do that? I wouldn't want to know what happens!" (No wonder Shonda Rhimes loves the man!)

Seriously though, who is this fellow, and how does he fit into Seattle Grace? As Eric tells it, "My character's name is William Dunn, and he's a death-row inmate who came to be at Seattle Grace by the fact that he has a shiv shoved in his back during a fight in the prison yard. The nature of his crime is actually revealed in the show that airs on Thursday night, so I would hate to give it away right now."
    Shonda Rhimes ABC

Shonda Rhimes invited Eric to appear in front of the camera after his second directorial outing on the show. But the opportunity wasn't what he expected. He says, "My massive ego took over and I, of course, thought [the part] was a romantic hero, someone to come and save the day. When Shonda told me it was a death-row inmate, I was a little bit stunned."

However, Shonda did her usual magic and convinced Stoltz it was still an intriguing part: "She said that people who do truly evil things usually are not evil 24 hours a day. They have friends, they have a life. You should really hate this man for all that he does, but because that part is so well-written, that character gradually works itself into your subconscious, and some deep, disturbing recognition happens."

Source: E!Online

Edited on 01/08/2009 9:58am