Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Spoilers Only Thread.

ecgirl08

[281]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 57

I am so excited to see who gets married in the season opener. My money is on Mark and Lexie...they're the only two people I can picture being in that position right now. Callie and Arizona would be kind of random. Mark and Lexie are more the type who would reconcile and marry right away. I don't know--it just feels right to me. It might be someone we don't expect, though, like Bailey or some minor character like Thatcher. Knowing Shonda, it could be anybody.

I also heard from the Ausellio website that Mandy Moore and the guy who played her husband are definitely returning. The husband is slated to be in episodes 6 and 7 for the season, during November sweeps, and Mandy is going to be back too, but they haven't confirmed whether it will be one episode or two for her. This made me very happy, because I loved Mandy Moore's performance in the finale and was hopeful that she would return for at least one more episode, kind of like that Amanda girl did in the Season 6 opener. There's no news yet on what the storyline will be, but a lot of people are predicting that Mandy's characterMary will die. I guess that's possible, especially considering the fact that the shooting prevented audiences from getting the full idea on how sick Mary really was when Bailey and Percy were treating her. Chances are she was really sick and there just wasn't any time to focus on that in the finale episode...but I am hopeful that doesn't happen. In terms of typical Grey's drama, I'm thinking more along the lines of Mary having PTSD and seeking help from Bailey, with whom she's formed a close bond.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KamakaLo

[282]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 22
    ^ I don't know if its Mark and Lexie cause in the pictures for marriages they have Owen and Cristina. Cristina and Owen are one of 3 couples who aren't marked off yet.

KamakaLo

[283]Aug 21, 2010
    ^ Yeah I'm also happy about Mandy Moore's character Mary and the husband returning but I don't want her to die

ecgirl08

[284]Aug 24, 2010

I don't want her to die either. It kind of bugs me that so many people have been predicting that. It's interesting, though, how they're coming back in episode 6, rather than right at the beginning of the new season. My guess is that people responded so well to Mandy's performance in the finale that Shonda is really cooking up something dramatic and saving it for the November sweeps. For them to do that means that something serious will likely happen. I guess we'll find out later...I am SO ready for the season to just start now!

Edited on 08/24/2010 9:52am

KamakaLo

[285]Aug 31, 2010
    So I just read it is in fact Cristina and Owen getting married.

ecgirl08

[286]Aug 31, 2010

Really? I honestly can't picture that at all...I guess I figured it was possible that Cristina might get married eventually, but I didn't think it would be now. Knowing Cristina and Owen, it will be something unusual enough to make the Post-it marriage sound normal

KamakaLo

[287]Sep 1, 2010

Yes, you can read about it on Ausiello or over on E online watch with Kristin.

Apparently it happens in the season premiere and this is 2 months later after the shooting. Teddy is involved with James character and Cristina, Meredith and Derek are the ones held back from doing surgery.

Yawn, still haven't read anything that has really excited me much. The only thing that has really made me want to tune in is knowing more Jackson and Derek speeding. Another couple getting married is like a joke to me... Oh well maybe my opinion will change once it airs

mechopyx

[288]Sep 18, 2010
    • level: 2

Sneak peeks at http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/51090736.html?#cutid1

KamakaLo

[289]Sep 20, 2010
    I saw the sneak peeks the other day and was really liking what I was seeing UNTIL... Meredith tells Cristina that Derek is the love of her life but she's her soul mate. WOW as much as I love the MerCris friendship I just thought that was weird and stupid. I thought Shonda was better than that? lol

Then Mark has attitude with Alex not taking care of Lexie. Um he was shot so why should he play baby sitter to someone again? but again my opinion could change on that later.

pamhalpert

[290]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 14
    KamakaLo wrote:
    I saw the sneak peeks the other day and was really liking what I was seeing UNTIL... Meredith tells Cristina that Derek is the love of her life but she's her soul mate. WOW as much as I love the MerCris friendship I just thought that was weird and stupid. I thought Shonda was better than that? lol

Then Mark has attitude with Alex not taking care of Lexie. Um he was shot so why should he play baby sitter to someone again? but again my opinion could change on that later.

The great thing about Shonda is that she does a great job of things never being what they seem.

sibowittz

[291]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 17
    pamhalpert wrote:
    KamakaLo wrote:

The great thing about Shonda is that she does a great job of things never being what they seem.

Yes, and Shonda has said that Christina is Meredith's soul mate for the longest time now (since season 3), so it's nothing new really. But Derek is the love of her life. It's pretty clever actually! I kinda liked it better when it was just known instead of Mer actually saying it to Christina.

pamhalpert

[292]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 14
    sibowittz wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    KamakaLo wrote:

Yes, and Shonda has said that Christina is Meredith's soul mate for the longest time now (since season 3), so it's nothing new really. But Derek is the love of her life. It's pretty clever actually! I kinda liked it better when it was just known instead of Mer actually saying it to Christina.

Agreed!

KamakaLo

[293]Sep 23, 2010
    ^ LOL I don't remember that for some reason .... This is unlike me to forget things from GA wow I guess it really isn't my favorite show anymore. I wonder if I liked it then? hmm well one thing is sure I don't like it now!

dexter098

[294]Nov 14, 2010
    • level: 10

pamhalpert wrote:
    sibowittz wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    KamakaLo wrote:
    I saw the sneak peeks the other day and was really liking what I was seeing UNTIL... Meredith tells Cristina that Derek is the love of her life but she's her soul mate. WOW as much as I love the MerCris friendship I just thought that was weird and stupid. I thought Shonda was better than that? lol Then Mark has attitude with Alex not taking care of Lexie. Um he was shot so why should he play baby sitter to someone again? but again my opinion could change on that later.
    Agreed!

I Second That!

melindakw

[296]Apr 2, 2011

Callie's baby!

Okay all drama aside...(I Haven't seen the episode yet)

What did they name the baby....my bet was on George or Georgia?

melindakw

[297]Apr 7, 2011

Okay...so the baby is called Sophia...nice.