Grey's Anatomy Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Webber is a selfish jerk - SPOILER for those who didn't see the season premiere

romeovf

[1]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 3

So, he was going to be fired as the head of Seattle Grace and his brave solution? Saving his own ass by making a merge with Mercy West, which will result in dozens of people fired, plus bringing down the spirit of the whole hospital.

That really doesn't sound ethical to me. Of course if another character says all this to him, he would bring out that he's looking to make the greater good to both hospitals and that he really worries about the people who got fired. Guess what? I you would have been the one that gets fired in the first place, no one else would have lose their jobs... Coward.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

friendserking

[2]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 13

Ya Weber is not responsible for the 2 hospitals merging I'm pretty sure it is due to budget for the 2 hospitals forcing the 2 to merge. The reason he is firing people is because they dont have the money to keep them. People keep saying hes being a jerk he is just doing what anyone else would have to in the same situation because that is what needs to be done to save money. I would agree the way he fires people like threw an email was very inappropriate and wrong but besides that he doesnt make me upset by any means.

When he fired Derek at the end of last episode I was happy because thats what really would happen Derek would get in some kind of trouble going behind his boss twice. So I personally have no trouble with the chiefs behavior because I think its more realistic, and he is only doing what the board tells him to do since they dont have enough money to keep everyone. Besides I'm sure by the end of the season he will do some great thing to redeem himself in the eyes of all the fans who are growing to hate him, but I on the other hand still really like him.

romeovf

[3]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 3
    I have to disagree with you at most of the first paragraph. In detail:

If I remember correctly, he KNEW that he was gonna be fired; he was even rehearsing his "don't fire me" speech in his car when he was hit by another car. It was when he was being treated in Mercy West that he heard from the treating intern about MW's limited budget, and his expression was only lacking the bright light bulb over his head, because it was then that HE had the idea of the merger.

The next thing we saw was he bringing a lot of suits to Seattle Grace and there he talk them into the idea of the merger. So the merger occurred because it was HIS idea for saving his own ass, it wasn't a separate incident he stumbled into. I agree that both hospitals were lacking money but if Webber had been fired, no one else would have.

And I totally agree with you about the massive email firing, that is another thing I found very coward from his behavior.

About the second paragraph, I haven't seen the last episode yet so I got partially spoiled but I'll see it tonight

friendserking

[4]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 13

I cant except the fact that if Weber wasnt in charge knowone would have gotten fired because if they are in budget cuts that is what has to be done. Hell he didnt even want to fire that Mercy WEst resident but the board made him do it you could flat out tell he was about to be nice and then the board guy looks at him and he has to fire her. I believe that no matter who was in charge people would have been fired.

Im sure the chief came up with the MErcy WEst merger to save jobs to the best he could calculate not just save his own job(not saying that wasnt a nice perk he received). I am still on his side because I think he did what he thought was best and the board and there budget cuts continue to make him fire more people then he wants to. I have a feeling on tonights episode he will hire back many of the people he fired if that patient makes that huge donation to the hospital. If the show writers are nice they might even show him go to bat with the board representatives about how firing these people just isnt right.

Sorry about the spoiler on the post below I should have said it was a spoiler my bad.

Edited on 11/05/2009 7:03pm

aubreyt

[5]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    They are totally destroying the chief the last seasons.I feel sorry for the actor.