Grey's Anatomy

Golden Hour

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 2011 on ABC

• Grey's creators are trying many new ideas this season. Real-time episode seemed like a doubtful format for GA but in my opinion it's one of the best to date!

For everyone who felt that there isn't enough of Meredith this season, this episode is a real treat. We finally get some insight into her fertility treatment, her true feelings about this baby-battle and about Callie's baby.

There were also few great characters making appearances. Adele Webber shows up at the ER and is obviously not well but Chief doesn't accept it. Also Henry is back but - surprise - Teddy is dating some boring guy. Fight for her Henry! For me Henry and Teddy are definitively meant for each other.

Alex shows his good side again when he stays at the hospital to help little boy in pain instead of going to the basketball game. It seems that Dr. Field appreciates his kind heart more and more;)

Bailey and nurse Eli were a source of an endless fun in this episode as well as some drunk guy with a knife in his head and a completely drunk companion in tow. But there was also a lot of drama - an unsuccessful emergency surgery that resulted in Meredith making tough phone conversation or Lexie's mistake.

To sum up, it was an amazing, stellar episode. Very exciting and well written. I would gladly watch more episodes in this format.

BTW, what were you thinking when Derek stopped the elevator and asked Meredith for one minute?;)
  • Best episode to date!

Don't have time to say much, just that this was definately the best episode to date, in my opinion!

Full of drama and quite fast paced.
    As someone else said, i would quite gladly watch more episodes in this "real time" format.

I'm glad we got to see more of Meredith in this episode and a bit less of Christina (nothing wrong with her, we just haven't seen enough of Meredith this season!)

Also very much liked the fun side of the episode with Eli and Bailey. And the senstive side of Alex. Very nice. The writers did really well with this episode. Well done.

Love, Love, Love Grey's Anatomy!
LIFE