Grey's Anatomy

Hope for the Hopeless

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 19, 2012 on ABC

• Emotional Episode

There were two serious moments that made this episode for me. First, was the Chief's 10,000th surgery being interrupted by Adele's breakdown. It had to tug at your heartstrings a bit to hear her beg Richard not to leave here when he operated with Meridith. I loved how Richard say their wedding song with her to calm her down. Their marriage has been so rocky, it is truly sad to see them losing each other. The second moment was Owen and Cristina's inevitable blowout. I'm glad they came back to the issue of Cristina aborting their baby because I thought it had been solved far too easily. Cristina gave up so much of herself with Burke, I think it has made her very selfish out of fear. I'm glad Owen finally let her have it for getting the abortion without any concern for his opinion. I know a lot of people think that Burke and Owen should respect her desire not to have kids, and to some extent I agree, but one can't help but wonder why she hasn't explored a more permanent form of birth control if she is so dead set against it?