Grey's Anatomy

I Bet It Stung

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 17, 2013 on ABC

• Working Mothers...

This was surprisingly another good episode of Grey's Anatomy. I am loving this new season after a somewhat cringe-worthy season 9.

The episode started kinda slow, but picked up halfway through and ended on such a high-note. We were all expecting the Meredith/Cristina fight to start (because we all saw the promos, hello?) but I still didn't expect it to be as intense as it turned out to be. In a way, it was a "quiet" yet intense fight. But man, was it amazing. The writing of this show is truly outstanding, and that quiet scene between these two main characters (Mer and Cris) showed how much things have changed in the past TEN years of this show.

Cristina was absolutely right though. 100%. And it was a little uncomfortable watching Meredith scream at Derek like that in the end, yet their fight also felt real and important. This couple has been through so much, so watching them fight over choosing parenthood over work was a bit amusing.

Another thing that interested me in this episode was Alex's storyline. I love how he was being a jerk about not wanting to go and talk to his father even though he was like three feet away, and Jo being all supportive and pushy was amazing.

That last scene with Alex and his dad in the elevator ... wow, total goosebumps. You sit there, and you watch and you wait for one of them to say anything ... possibly Alex, and then he shuts his phone and puts it away, and you think to yourself, "Okay, this is the moment Alex is gonna say And yet he just lets his dad leave the hospital without saying a work to him.

I don't know why the writers insit on making Arizona such an unlikeable character now after all that character development she's had in the past year, but yeah I totally hate her guts now. Callie is back to awesome, yay.

Great episode, Grey's. Keep it up.