Grey's Anatomy

I Will Survive

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 12, 2011 on ABC

• run for chief resident

Cristina Yang is back with her smart retorts, she is a riot. I hope there is hope for little Grey and Sloan. I think they look good together. Avery is cute and all but I like Sloan more for little Grey. Karev keeps striking out with every girl that he falls for, that's sad. I hope the adoption of Zola by Mer and Derek goes well. I am sure the season finale will be interesting - especially with Karev spilling the beans about the clinical trial mess up of Mer. All in all script writing and directing were done well. Good episode.
  • Great interactions, nicely written.

Loved Sandra's performance, very much in character and the way she gives advice to everyone in her own unique way is brill. I spent all the episode thinking Owen would announce the winner at the end, and it was nice to see they postponed it and successfully generated more anticipation, which will keep a lot of people more and more interested. Worked on me anyway.

Lexie (my favourite character) dealing with unresolved feelings - pretty much what happens to loads of people in real life, and handled in a not too soapy way. I'm sad about Rachel Taylor most likely leaving, she's gorgeous!

Jackson making an unpopular decision because he felt he belonged elsewhere: been there, so I support him and think it's got the potential for a nice storyline. I just hope it doesn't end up with a lame 'listen to your elders as they know better' moral.

Speaking of broken Aesops, I know Mer meant well but yes, she's compromising everything and everyone - what is it that makes central characters so selfish and immature and self-victimised? By doing what she did, she's virtually risking the future of the research and even the hospital, which may ruin dozens of lives, yet she's a saint and Alex is a jerk for telling Owen? Please...

Great acting all throughout, great in-character traits. Callie reminded me a bit of Jordan Sullivan from Scrubs. That's the sort of cynicism that makes her character so real and human. That's the kind of female character ER missed in all of its run IMO.

Loved it, and can't wait to watch the next one.
LIFE