Grey's Anatomy

Losing My Religion

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 15, 2006 on ABC

• I just tricked her into marrying me, how smart am I! - Denny

Easily the best episode of Grey’s Anatomy thus far. It brings to a climax the tension building between McDreamy and Meredith in a fantastic way. With a cliffhanger final decision McDreamy or McVet (both irrestable options) It the scene with Denny and Izzie that steals the show. Denny charisma makes everyone watching fall in love and hope to God he lives happily ever after with Izzie. The creators set the relationship but so well during the season the impact in the final was huge, I was broken hearted when Denny finally passed on, he had been through so much to get the heart, wait so long and then finally when it all comes together. The girl, the heart, and his health it crashed down so quickly. The song chasing cars by snow patrol is the most appropriate song ever written it still brings tears when I hear it now, thinking if Izzie all dressed up, so happy to set out of the elevator and have her life turned upside down. Her future changed in an instant. It was by far the most brilliant episode I have seen on any show for that matter for quite some time.