Grey's Anatomy

Losing My Religion

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 15, 2006 on ABC

• "An hour ago he was proposing. And now... and now he's going to the morgue. Isn't that ridiculous? Isn't it the most ridiculous piece of crap you've ever..." and Izzie breaks down and cries.

First of all let me just say that this episode would have got a 10, but I thought that the first half of the episode was quite slow when you compare it to the whole of last week's episode (which was one of the best episodes the show as produced).

I felt really sorry for Izzie the whole of this episode because I thought it was inevitable that they were going to kill Denny off, and when they did it was even more emotional than I expected. The last three episodes have been IZZIE'S ANATOMY because she has stolen the show each episode and I'm so happy that they ended the season with such a dramatic conclusion for her.

The writers showed a completely different side to Alex in this episode because I have to say that the last few episodes this season have been showing a really spiteful and bitter side to Alex, and I was glad they showed his nicer side by the way he comforted Izzie and in his speech with Richard.

Another reason why this episode didn't get a 10 was because of the whole Meredith and Derek scene again. I'm not a fan of either characters, but I prefer them a whole lot more when they're apart and I felt like their scenes in this episode were just put in to please the shippers? Anyways I think Addison is great and I thought Derek was showing his nicer colours when he invited her to the prom, but then he went behind her back and it just got messy again.

Burke is another character which I'm not a 100% fan of, but I did find the scene where Christina grabbed his hand in the hospital bed with Snow Patrol playing in the background. I appreciate Christina's cynical and sarcastic nature but, like Richard, I wouldn't want to make her less human, because it was nice to see her caring side for a change in both the Izzie and Burke scenes.

It was nice to see George telling Callie his true feelings for her... and he was honest, which I respected. He didn't tell her he loved her back for the sake of it, and she seemed happy with that. They're a sweet couple (eventhough they don't look like they'd match).

Overall I thought this was a great episode of Izzie's Anatomy and I can't wait for S3 to start airing in the UK!