Grey's Anatomy

Perfect Storm

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 16, 2013 on ABC

• Shonda Rhimes does it again...

This entire ninth season has had me sighing and rolling my eyes about a million times. I missed a bunch of episode just because I felt like the show was changing too much, not focusing on patient/doctor relationship anymore but rather on the whole business/money/settlement issues with the hospital and all that. So I walked into the season finale expecting nothing more but disappointed.

Well, I was wrong. It seems like the staff at Grey's Anatomy really put their A-game in season-finales. The writing was once again great, and to me it felt like one of those old episodes. Something that could've been placed back in season 5 or something. And, let's be honest here for a second, that's when the show was amazing. After that, it just fell through a slump.

Great performances from Ellen and Sandra Oh, as always. And what a cliffhanger! Thank you, Shonda Rhimes, once again, for another major death. I'll be checking in for season 10, but I hope it will be the show's final season. Not because I don't love this show! I have always loved it, and I'm one of those old fans that was there when the Pilot episode first aired on ABC, for the first time! (Back then, it was on Sunday nights, can you believe that?!)

But because I respect the show so much, I hope they will go out with enough dignity. While I believe this season should've been the last one, I will check back again next year and hope that the show will end on good terms. Good job tonight, though.