Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 In Season

Joker00303

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews page 10 of 40

• Love It :)

Grey's Anatomy is about a group of interns turn doctors who work at Seattle Grace Hospital. The characters are as follows; Izzie, Alex, Christina, Meridith, Alex and George (They started off as interns and are now doctors), The other surgeons include Derick, Mark, Callie, among others. Meridith and Derick have alot of history, and always end up getting back together. Izzie and Alex also have history as a couple, but are my personal favourite. The story is based around all these characters, watch as they deal with their trials and tribulations, sometimes as they struggle through day to day life. Izzie is my favourite character, i like the way she is around people.
  • PERFECT!!!!!! I really can't switch it off

This show is addictive... frim the 1st episode i couldn't stop watching... i practically watched the whole 4 seasons in 1 month.... i liked that it was full of medical problems that give one an overview and general knowledge of medicine... plus it's filled of drama, LOVE, friendship... everything we find in everyday's life... it is far from boring... in no episode do u think when will it end and you never know what will happen between meredith and derek next which is for me the main reason for watching it... i mean Derek's character ist reason enough as he is really the McDreamy!!!!!!!
  • Follows the lives of interns at Seattle Grace Hospital

This show to me is one of the best. It mixes ER with a little more soap opera to create a mix of doctors curing patients and their personal dramas in and out of the hospital. The only thing that bothers me is some of the characters don't grow in the show. Like Meredith who finally at the end of the season realized she needed to be with McDreamy but before that it was just a storyline that went on and on and on.......I was happy that McDreamy and Meredith got together because they do match each other and yes relationships take work but these two make it worth the effort. The other characters as well provide interesting storylines but Mcreamy and Meredith is the main reason I'm watching.
  • Real life characters

As being a fan of E.R. for a long time, I was very much interested by Grey's Anatomy. I got engrossed into the particular dramas of the characters very quickly and, even if, in the beginning, I thought that I would not care much for this series, I found myself in front of the TV every night the show was aired.

I always enjoy movies that focus on personal drama and how people manage to deal with everyday's challenge, not only with the extraordinary. People like Meredith, that have a tough time showing their feelings, or anyone of the interns, live around us, and that is the major contribution of the show. Even in a small world, like a workplace, people still manage to show who they are and make their mark on everyone else.
  • A show that started off as a witty and trendy soap, with strong characters - excellent actors - and inspired storylines, found its own style and it's own pace and was getting better season after season. The fourth is kind of a letdown.

A show that started off as a witty and trendy soap, with strong characters and inspired storylines, found its own style and it's own pace, and didn't success just as ABC's ER but as a really great medical drama. The first season was excellent, the second, even better, and the third was paramount, now without Addison, without Burke, with writer's compulsion to make everything worse - to keep audience interrested I can only guess - when there's hope and beauty, love and reality (George and Izzie, Alex and Rebecca), the fourth is a massive letdown. But don't get me wrong, it's still a good show. Even though we loved Addison, we knew she had to go, that's how it has to end for her, after having lost her husband, and every hope of happiness. Even thought we know why Burke/Isaiah is gone, we knew he had to go too. His relationship with Cristina was chaotic and unbalanced.

For them, it was a perfect ending. Derek and Meredith had a lot of problems of their own, and even more as a couple, then again it's a perfect hangover in the season fourth finale. As of Lexie, she is a great new character, with promising storylines.

The problem is elsewere. We still have hope for Alex, Cristina, Callie, Mark, and especially Izzie & George, but the writers have to let go of the redundant storylines (Alex and Izzie) and get their own ideas for twists (the Izzie and George twist is a ripoff from Friend's Joey and Rachel's) They have to go back to the first three seasons to see what is missing. What is missing is the professional bounds between pupils and masters, the cynical yet beautiful ties between the five of Bailey's team, and the career storylines (i.e. Alex's choice between plastics and OBGYN) The last season - shortened by the strike - is pure chaos and that sucks and there are more moments of justness in the last seasons, and less clichés in the writing than in the first ones, so even if the good's gone, we can only hope the best is ahead.
  • Meredith Grey is surgeon at Seattle Grace Hospital where she meets her friends Cristina, Izzy, George, and Alex during her internship. Before beginning she meets her on and off boyfriend, Derek. The show follows her in and outside of OR.

I use to not like this show when I didn't watch it because it had such high ratings taking away potential viewers from The Office. I gave it a chance one day and instantly became crazy about it!!! The story lines are great (although sometimes repetitive) and the cast is amazing. They do a great job portraying their characters which is Emmy material (even though Katherine Heigl has taken away her chance to run ...). I love this show so much that I can never wait for Thursday to come around so I can watch it and know how the cliffhanger is resolved.
  • Good medical drama, better in the early seasons, but still with the potential to get back its charm by toning down the over-the-top elements and bringing in some good medical crises to solve! Well worth watching (especially season 2!).

From season 1 I really liked this show, it seemed to mix the medicine/doctor storylines well with a good bit of relationship drama. I loved the relationships between the main characters, and thought they developed really good friendships and couples throughout the first 3 seasons. Despite the constant on again off again relationship between Derek and Meredith annoying some people– I quite enjoyed it, you understood it had to be that way because it was a TV show and could have got boring very quickly otherwise. Plus – the season 2 finale for me was one of the best I've ever seen, with the Izzie & Denny relationship being one of my favourites across all shows. However, now the bad… I think Season 3 was the start of a downhill trend, there were still good episodes, not AS good as the previous seasons, but still good. By Season 4 – I was really only sticking with the show because I had for the first 3 seasons so I was interested in how the characters were developed. Unfortunately, I don't think it was done very well – we lost Burke from the show (which I think didn't do it any favours), and the characters seemed to become more caricatures, extended and distorted versions of themselves, doing things I just didn't think were believable. It was a difficult season to watch for me.

Although – I have hope! The season 4 finale had glimmers of what made me like the show so much in the first 2 seasons. I really want to keep watching this show, so I hope they get the balance back to what it was, of course keep the relationship drama, but make it believable, and include more interesting medical cases. After all – it is based in a hospital. I don't want this to seem like it's a negative review – I do love this show, I just loved it more at the start and don't want it to go downhill, as it seems to be. I would still recommend it to new viewers!
  • An interesting and great show about relationships and medicine, varying between drama and comedy.

Meredith Grey, a somehow damaged woman is an intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. She and her fellow-interns and friends Christina, who is hyper-competitive and very focused on surgery, Izzie, who is very caring and sensitive, George, the nice next-door boy who has a crush on Meredith and Alex who seems to be a jerk but is really a nice guy. Their resident is a strong woman named Miranda Bailey who tries to teach them to be good doctors but somehow personal stuff keeps getting in their way: Meredith falls in love with her attending Derek, who is married but leaves his wife for her. Christina falls in love with the attending Preston Burke but when they want to get married, she gets cold feet. And of course there are many other problems concerning love-lives and several patients.

There are many reasons I love this show (although I originally didn't, don't know why anymore):
    - The cases. They are always very interesting and fascinating. But I think Grey's found a good balance between medicine and relationships and doesn't overdo the medicine part, because finally it's the people we care about
    - The characters. There are just so many and so different characters on this show who are each individually strong. You always get the feeling, that those are real humans with feelings. Addison, for example, is not portrayed one-dimensional as a cheater but also as a woman who did something wrong but is still a good human being. I like that kind of realism in a show.
    - The relationship issues. Yeah, I know, some people don't like TV relationships but I'm a romantic and I like them, especially on Grey's. And there are, many, many relationships to care about.
    - Derek and Meredith. I always root for couples, never for single characters on TV and those two are just perfect. Although Meredith isn't my favourite character in the world, she and Derek make this relationship working.
    - Bailey. Just an amazing character and an even better actress. It's a delight to watch her
    - Patrick Dempsey. He's just too good on the eyes…
    - The drama and the comedy. I really like the fact that this show goes both ways and is good in both comedy and drama. It's just more interesting than just a comedy or just drama.

All in all, this is a show you have to watch if you like relationships with drama and comedy as much as I am and you want to see a very well-done show with heart.
  • With some many characters and compelling storylines is hard to keep up, but we have grown to love them... great writing, great drama, nice hair.

Grey's Anatomy is a very hip show, good dialogues, crazy medical cases… nice town (Seattle) but most important, it shows us that doctors are mortals too, and they fall in love, out of love, they get involved in messy complications and they have doubts, not only of their skills but about life itself…and did I mention they have great hair.

During the first two season we saw the Meredith-Mcdreamy affair, we were almost pushed to get involved, but the others characters had added so depth to the show that every storyline seems too important to pass out, every little drama between the girls and the boys seems very sincere and every failure is shared by millions of fans who watch every week.

Really good show, strongly recommended to everyone who has doubts.
  • perfect finale!

wow! 2 hrs of awesomeness! so much exciting stuff going on!
    my second favorite part was christina telling hahn to shut up. then cheif backing her up. its about time someone put her in her place. she's not perfect and now she knows it.
    really enjoyed the boy in the concrete story line. glad he lived. =P hopefully that popular girl will see the light now.
    also enjoyed the beth/jeremy story. so glad they got to get it on before he died. that was awesome. knew he wasnt going to make it and didnt think she would but im glad she did so the trial would be a success. and derrick and meredith can open that bottle of champagne. (but i'll get to that later).
    the callie/hahn kiss i have mixed feelings about. always knew hahn could go there, but didnt expect it from callie. was also nice to see alex vulnerable. havent seen too much into his story so hopefully they'll get into that next season. as for him and izzy... i dont know. doesnt matter to me if they get together again or not. and finally, my absolute favorite moment! of course, the ending. meredith got the help she needed and took a chance with derrick. i like how they kept them apart until the very end. very suspenseful. although i cant help but feel like when he left to get rid of rose that that might start something... i absolutely loved this episode and cant wait til next season!
  • the best episode yet.

i've gotta say this episode out-did itself. i loved all the patient in this episode and i liked how one patient needed all the doctors. i also liked the other one with the couple that had brain problems. and i really liked the pimp doctors thing between mer. and der. and the best part i think was the ending because you saw all the couples. i like merideth, before i just hated, but when i saw the whole house lay out in candles, and how she was all pissed off, that was a perfect way to end it, but i don't think thier home free, i think rose is gonna do somethin to mess them up. anyway it really didn't leave in any cliff hanger so i CAN waite for the next season, but i did really think this episode was perfect.
  • Meredith Grey is in her first year at Seattle Grace hospital, she is here with the chance of winning the competition involving about 20 others. While at the hospital she must live a normal life, avoid affairs and try to win the competition.

Greys Anatomy is a show about a woman called Meredith Grey whom is trying to win a competition hosted in Seattle Grace hospital. The winner of the 1-year-long competition will have a full time job at the hospital and the others will be sent packing.
    Meredith is facing the test of a lifetime as she continues to try and beat 20 others in order to get the prize. During the seasons she will make firends with her competitors, have an affair with the doctors and at the same time try and live a normal life.
    Good luck, Meredith! You're gonna need it!
  • This show is all about the lives of the interns and medical staff at Seattle Grace hospital. You get to see a bit of the medical situations that occur in the hospital and you get to see the drama in the personal lives of the all the staff members.

Grey's Anatomy is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. I find that the surgical cases are really interesting but my favorite thing about this show is the characters. The way the interns interact with each other and with the attending doctors and the way they deal with the different situations that they are presented with. Yang is one of my favorite interns (now resident) on this show, Sandra Oh does an amazing job portraying this character. George is another character that I absolutely adore, he's so cute and innocent. Dr. Bailey definitely is my favorite character on the show, I just love her. Dr. Burke is my least favorite doctor on the show, I just don't like the way he is, I'm sooo happy that he's off the show. One thing I'd like to say is that the lives of real doctors cannot be as dramatic as all the characters on this show! lol
  • Its a funny med drama...better then E.R

In Grey's Anatomy, the patients are not the usual screaming people with blood everywhere. Sometimes it's a man who swallowed a handful of dolls' heads, sometimes it's a woman who can't stop having spontaneous orgasms even when she doesn't want to. Or, it's a guy who has a tumor at his pelvic area causing him to have a constant erection, and sometimes it's a man with an unexploded bomb in his body cavity. It's different, and really creative. Not at all predictable, and the quotes are clever and witty. This show really makes you long for more. It's a comedy set in a hospital with romantic flings happening all the time, so you just have to be ready for almost everything.
  • meredith grey starts out as an intern as well as her competitors and they must face the drama at the hospital and the drama in their personal lives as they work in the hospital and progress during the years

i really do like this show..at first it was just on too late and i couldnt really get into it but now i do really like it..there was one ep i didnt like but ill get to that when i do that ep..this show is full of both intensity and drama..its nice to see the drama in both their competitive side and as things happen in the hospital and in their personal lives as we see relationships being built and destroyed at the same time..its a very intriguing show an it gives a nice view into the hospital system and how doctors get to where they are
  • I love the drama!!

I love the drama that and that is what it is all about on Grey's Anatomy!! Rotton relationships, careers, family, and all the other issues that everyone deals with and never talks about. I am a sucker for drama's on television, but when you add all the twists and turns it makes it even better. I really want to see Meridith with Mc-dreamy, but if it doesn't happen they should still keep us on the edge of our seats. I hope that Grey's will continue it's vetures for many more seasons to come. I will continue to be a faithful viewer.
  • Some interesting characters in a fast-paced setting.

7.8
    I started watching this show recently as part of my Netflix "experience"--no commercials and lots of shows for a very small price tag. You know the benefits I'm Sure. This show strikes me as a little like the old Mary Tyler Moore Show--the central character, around whom all of the plots and characters swirl, is the least interesting part of the show. I find the Character of Meredith Grey to be inane, infantile and uninteresting. The real interest in this show is generated by not only the medical setting and shtick (sp?) but by several of the edgier cast members/ characters-- Bailey, Addison, Christina, to name the best of them. Tye males in this chow are either stodgy authority figures, robotic surgeons, "hunks" or bumblers. All in all, wirth watching, though I doubt I'd hang in there if I had to sit through the commercials.....
  • Great again!

I would say that the show is definitely getting better. The first two seasons were very good, funny and even if it was another tv show taking place in an hospital, it was original for a lot more focused on the relationships than on the actual medical cases. But, I found the 3rd one very deceiving. Too many dead people, i don't remember any good moments during this season.The character of Meredith was too miserable and pathetic. I almost stopped watching it at one point. On the contrary, I think that the 2 last eps tend to find new inspiration, it is funny again! I want GA to go on like that!
  • This show is amazing.

This show makes my life. It's so awesome. Meredith Grey lives a hard life, and being a surgical intern *cough* sorry, resident now, doesn't make it any easier. She always has these "McDreamy" Issues... which is okay, because she's had a challenging childhood. It's McDreamy who needs to pull up his socks. Anyways, Meredith and her fellow doctors make this an enjoyable drama series. It's no wonder it's one of the best rated shows on television. They're always getting into mischief and handling cool surgeries. And where would a show be without some romance? Everyone on the show has had their fair share of love, even Cristina. It's a very enjoyable show.
  • The wait is almost over!!!!

I love this programme and has gotten increasingly better with each season. I've watched it from day 1 and despite it being more like a 'woman's programme' at the start, it has turned into an all round excellent drama with enough power to keep pulling me back week in and week out. I genuinely enjoy the various characters in this show, and for a change there isn't any that I don't like. Looking at previous postings, Gray's is either a love it or hate it show and I am pleased to be a lover and cannot wait to get it downloaded this weekend. We over here in the UK are currently being shown the last season and I can't be bothered waiting months till we get the current US season.

So, welcome back Gray's, it's about time!!!
  • This is about stupid people and me loving grey anatomy

its so good even though meridith always cries but who cares i cry too people always says its bad its not its my new best friend soz tay but they say its unoriginal, yeah as if its the best show ever and it made me want to be a docter so it is influential as well as heart stopping breath taking and mind mingiling. I had all this writing but then it all disapeared ahhhhhhhhh hhhhhh hhhhh hbhh h h !!! i love greys anatomy why arent we allowed to write in capitals its so annoying thank you for reading
  • Grey's Anatomy

Meet Meredith Grey. She's a woman trying to lead a real life with while doing a job that makes having a real life impossible. It has been so long that I almost can't remember the last episode.
    Meredith, Cristina, Izzie and Alex now have interns of their own. Callie does a really good job being chief resident and George is held back a year because he has yet to master the art cutting with scissors.
    This is one of many hospital tv dramas around today and usually I would agree they are all the same and just copy each others plots and storylines but in the case of Grey's Anatomy I have to disagree.Grey's Anatomy is so original!
  • It is original...

To Senar ;
    I am Turkish.And I watched Doktorlar (Doctors) after i read your review.When i look the production date of ours , i can say that Grey's Anatomy is the orginal one.And i am pretty sure that we have taken the script from Grey's Anatomy.No need to shame.But i am really sorry the way you feel "Amercian TV Show having to copy from a Turkish one is a bit shameful".There are so many shows , series in the world TV's taken from other countries TVs.Just to make you happy we have taken So You Think You Can Dance and The Nanny :)))
  • A drama about the lives of doctors and nurses at a hospital. It follows their complicated lives and romances.Most of the stars of this tv drama are now big names in Hollywood such as;Katherine Heigl,Patrick Dempsey and Jefferey Dean Morgan

This is one of many hospital tv dramas around today and usually I would agree they are all the same and just copy each others plots and storylines but in the case of Grey's Anatomy I have to disagree.Grey's Anatomy is so original and the storylines are usually short and easily understood.
    All of the characters are very likeable and the writers really seem to create good and bad stories for each to even out the character's stories.Even when this programme had just aired and most of the actors and actresses were virtually unknown they still had amazing acting ability and were all very talented.Since its first series the actors and actresses have all become A-List and Katherine Heigl-Izzy has starred in a few box office hit films in Hollywood as of lately.Patrick Dempsey also starred in a hit movie in 2007 as the "Prince Charming" in a modern day Cinderella/Snow White Disney movie,Enchanted.The reviews of this drama have all been excellent and it was highly praised since its first episode because of the casual humour,intriguing storylines and amazing talent.
  • I never thought I'd like such a show ... not in a million years ..... but I love it!!

I've never been a fan of romantic comedies, I'm more into action and scientific stuff, so naturally when I first watched an episode I thought to myself "BORING"...

But then I found myself coming back for more, I was captivated by the vivid diverse characters and complex challenging situations with all the emotions and thrills they brought into this show ... I was hooked!

My favorite character would have to be George O'Malley (I'm always rooting for the underdog), T.R. Knight is such a good actor, Katherine Heigl is great too although I'm not a big fan of Izzie. I'm glad they're doing a spin-off coz the show's been a bit crowded recently, with Sara Ramirez and Eric Dane joining the regulars it would help to eliminate a coupla characters (for me Addison is expendable, so is Mark for that matter)

I can't wait to see how this show pans out, it's very interesting and extremely entertaining ... not to mention hilarious. I just love it.
  • Cool

"Grey's Anatomy" is an ER like show that airs on ABC. Personally, I think this is a great show. I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD box set. They cost way too much but it was worth it. This show is way better than the 1994 through present show, "ER". i like the seriousness of it all but, its one of the only medical shows that ive ever watched and it is easily my favorite medical show. ER used to be but after watching the first 5 minutes of this, my opion soon changed. It could be funny though, but it is a medical show.
  • its a realy great show, well read my review lol

Only three episodes into its debut season, Grey's Anatomy finds itself thinking about brain death. I do not claim that the quality of this thinking, in a dramatic series that seeks to be a sort of "ER goes to the senior prom," is likely to impress any licensed bioethicists. But compared with Congress in the Terri Schiavo case, the surgical residents at Seattle Grace Hospital look like Aristotle and Saint Francis of Assisi. And unlike Bill Frist, Peggy Noonan, or Tom DeLay, they are actually in the same room with the patient when they make their diagnosis, rather than on-call at the nearest television studio, sucking on the camera as if it were their feeding tube.
  • Its Your Standed Medical Drama But Manages To Keep Things Interesting And Fresh With A Great Cast And Some Intriging Surgeries.

This Is Now One Of My Favourite Shows. After Watching Series 1 Im Completely Hooked And Cant Wait To Watch
    Series 2. I Was Introduced By A Friend Who Said I Might Like It Since I Love Scrubs. I Was Unsure At First But After Watching The Pilot I Instantly Fell In Love. The Shows Strong Point Comes In The Form Of Its Wonderful Characters. There A Humourous And Diverse Bunch Of Medical Interns And Its Great To Watch As They Develop Their Surgery Skills, Their Freindships And Their Love Lives. In Series 1, A Large Part Of The Story Is About Whos Sleeping With Who, And I Personally Found This To Be Great Entertainment, As It Is Filled With Happy, Sad, Hilarious And Quite Simply Disastrous Moments In Amongst The Hospital.
    Overall, Its A Great Show That Contains Everything You Would Want From A Good Drama, And More.
    Greys Anatomy - 10/10
  • Drama that takes place at Seattle Grace Hospital in which a Surgery Intern called Meredith Grey try to find a happy ending to finish with all the drama of her live.

Grey's anatomy is the most perfect match between Medicine and Romance that you will find at the TV!... With Meredith, Cristina, Izzie, George and Alex you can laugh, you can cry and laugh again and surely you can feel identified with any of the MDs of the Seattle Grace Hospital. It also have a perfect soundtrack, handsome guys and the most innusual cases of medicine!.. Sometimes you could feel that is too much drama but then it surprises you with a 180º change at the story.
    If you are a Girl and you are an MD you will totally Mclove it!
  • I love GReys ANatomy Yeahhh

Okay Dr MCdreamy we lovvvve you your soo hott and McSTeamy i think the name explains it all
    Well let me give you the back story of the sow GReys ANatOmy
    Meredith Grey surgical intern trying to find her place in the world. Shes the type ofgirl who has one night stands
    But one night stand would change her life forever
    On her first day of work she is late because of Derek. They had a one night standd and now shes trying to get him out of her house. Its like magic as soon as she steps into the operating room Scary Magic but Relieving MAgic
    Christina George Izzy Alex are Merediths fellow surgical interns.
    DR. Bailey, and Dr. Torres are the surgical residents

THen we have the interesting group The group full of the MC's (THE ATTENDINGS)
    Dr.McDreamy (Derek) VEry awwkward for Meredith
    Dr.MCSTeamy (MArk)
    Addison (Dereks wife even more interesting and awkward)
    Dr.Burke

ANd the Chief
    Richard Want to find out what happens next I kow you do
    Watch it on ABC Thursdays YOull become addicted trust me