Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 In Season

Joker00303

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews page 10 of 40

• Good medical drama, better in the early seasons, but still with the potential to get back its charm by toning down the over-the-top elements and bringing in some good medical crises to solve! Well worth watching (especially season 2!).

From season 1 I really liked this show, it seemed to mix the medicine/doctor storylines well with a good bit of relationship drama. I loved the relationships between the main characters, and thought they developed really good friendships and couples throughout the first 3 seasons. Despite the constant on again off again relationship between Derek and Meredith annoying some people– I quite enjoyed it, you understood it had to be that way because it was a TV show and could have got boring very quickly otherwise. Plus – the season 2 finale for me was one of the best I've ever seen, with the Izzie & Denny relationship being one of my favourites across all shows. However, now the bad… I think Season 3 was the start of a downhill trend, there were still good episodes, not AS good as the previous seasons, but still good. By Season 4 – I was really only sticking with the show because I had for the first 3 seasons so I was interested in how the characters were developed. Unfortunately, I don't think it was done very well – we lost Burke from the show (which I think didn't do it any favours), and the characters seemed to become more caricatures, extended and distorted versions of themselves, doing things I just didn't think were believable. It was a difficult season to watch for me.

Although – I have hope! The season 4 finale had glimmers of what made me like the show so much in the first 2 seasons. I really want to keep watching this show, so I hope they get the balance back to what it was, of course keep the relationship drama, but make it believable, and include more interesting medical cases. After all – it is based in a hospital. I don't want this to seem like it's a negative review – I do love this show, I just loved it more at the start and don't want it to go downhill, as it seems to be. I would still recommend it to new viewers!
  • An interesting and great show about relationships and medicine, varying between drama and comedy.

Meredith Grey, a somehow damaged woman is an intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. She and her fellow-interns and friends Christina, who is hyper-competitive and very focused on surgery, Izzie, who is very caring and sensitive, George, the nice next-door boy who has a crush on Meredith and Alex who seems to be a jerk but is really a nice guy. Their resident is a strong woman named Miranda Bailey who tries to teach them to be good doctors but somehow personal stuff keeps getting in their way: Meredith falls in love with her attending Derek, who is married but leaves his wife for her. Christina falls in love with the attending Preston Burke but when they want to get married, she gets cold feet. And of course there are many other problems concerning love-lives and several patients.

There are many reasons I love this show (although I originally didn't, don't know why anymore):
    - The cases. They are always very interesting and fascinating. But I think Grey's found a good balance between medicine and relationships and doesn't overdo the medicine part, because finally it's the people we care about
    - The characters. There are just so many and so different characters on this show who are each individually strong. You always get the feeling, that those are real humans with feelings. Addison, for example, is not portrayed one-dimensional as a cheater but also as a woman who did something wrong but is still a good human being. I like that kind of realism in a show.
    - The relationship issues. Yeah, I know, some people don't like TV relationships but I'm a romantic and I like them, especially on Grey's. And there are, many, many relationships to care about.
    - Derek and Meredith. I always root for couples, never for single characters on TV and those two are just perfect. Although Meredith isn't my favourite character in the world, she and Derek make this relationship working.
    - Bailey. Just an amazing character and an even better actress. It's a delight to watch her
    - Patrick Dempsey. He's just too good on the eyes…
    - The drama and the comedy. I really like the fact that this show goes both ways and is good in both comedy and drama. It's just more interesting than just a comedy or just drama.

All in all, this is a show you have to watch if you like relationships with drama and comedy as much as I am and you want to see a very well-done show with heart.
  • With some many characters and compelling storylines is hard to keep up, but we have grown to love them... great writing, great drama, nice hair.

Grey's Anatomy is a very hip show, good dialogues, crazy medical cases… nice town (Seattle) but most important, it shows us that doctors are mortals too, and they fall in love, out of love, they get involved in messy complications and they have doubts, not only of their skills but about life itself…and did I mention they have great hair.

During the first two season we saw the Meredith-Mcdreamy affair, we were almost pushed to get involved, but the others characters had added so depth to the show that every storyline seems too important to pass out, every little drama between the girls and the boys seems very sincere and every failure is shared by millions of fans who watch every week.

Really good show, strongly recommended to everyone who has doubts.
  • perfect finale!

wow! 2 hrs of awesomeness! so much exciting stuff going on!
    my second favorite part was christina telling hahn to shut up. then cheif backing her up. its about time someone put her in her place. she's not perfect and now she knows it.
    really enjoyed the boy in the concrete story line. glad he lived. =P hopefully that popular girl will see the light now.
    also enjoyed the beth/jeremy story. so glad they got to get it on before he died. that was awesome. knew he wasnt going to make it and didnt think she would but im glad she did so the trial would be a success. and derrick and meredith can open that bottle of champagne. (but i'll get to that later).
    the callie/hahn kiss i have mixed feelings about. always knew hahn could go there, but didnt expect it from callie. was also nice to see alex vulnerable. havent seen too much into his story so hopefully they'll get into that next season. as for him and izzy... i dont know. doesnt matter to me if they get together again or not. and finally, my absolute favorite moment! of course, the ending. meredith got the help she needed and took a chance with derrick. i like how they kept them apart until the very end. very suspenseful. although i cant help but feel like when he left to get rid of rose that that might start something... i absolutely loved this episode and cant wait til next season!
  • the best episode yet.

i've gotta say this episode out-did itself. i loved all the patient in this episode and i liked how one patient needed all the doctors. i also liked the other one with the couple that had brain problems. and i really liked the pimp doctors thing between mer. and der. and the best part i think was the ending because you saw all the couples. i like merideth, before i just hated, but when i saw the whole house lay out in candles, and how she was all pissed off, that was a perfect way to end it, but i don't think thier home free, i think rose is gonna do somethin to mess them up. anyway it really didn't leave in any cliff hanger so i CAN waite for the next season, but i did really think this episode was perfect.
  • Meredith Grey is in her first year at Seattle Grace hospital, she is here with the chance of winning the competition involving about 20 others. While at the hospital she must live a normal life, avoid affairs and try to win the competition.

Greys Anatomy is a show about a woman called Meredith Grey whom is trying to win a competition hosted in Seattle Grace hospital. The winner of the 1-year-long competition will have a full time job at the hospital and the others will be sent packing.
    Meredith is facing the test of a lifetime as she continues to try and beat 20 others in order to get the prize. During the seasons she will make firends with her competitors, have an affair with the doctors and at the same time try and live a normal life.
    Good luck, Meredith! You're gonna need it!
  • This show is all about the lives of the interns and medical staff at Seattle Grace hospital. You get to see a bit of the medical situations that occur in the hospital and you get to see the drama in the personal lives of the all the staff members.

Grey's Anatomy is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. I find that the surgical cases are really interesting but my favorite thing about this show is the characters. The way the interns interact with each other and with the attending doctors and the way they deal with the different situations that they are presented with. Yang is one of my favorite interns (now resident) on this show, Sandra Oh does an amazing job portraying this character. George is another character that I absolutely adore, he's so cute and innocent. Dr. Bailey definitely is my favorite character on the show, I just love her. Dr. Burke is my least favorite doctor on the show, I just don't like the way he is, I'm sooo happy that he's off the show. One thing I'd like to say is that the lives of real doctors cannot be as dramatic as all the characters on this show! lol
  • Its a funny med drama...better then E.R

In Grey's Anatomy, the patients are not the usual screaming people with blood everywhere. Sometimes it's a man who swallowed a handful of dolls' heads, sometimes it's a woman who can't stop having spontaneous orgasms even when she doesn't want to. Or, it's a guy who has a tumor at his pelvic area causing him to have a constant erection, and sometimes it's a man with an unexploded bomb in his body cavity. It's different, and really creative. Not at all predictable, and the quotes are clever and witty. This show really makes you long for more. It's a comedy set in a hospital with romantic flings happening all the time, so you just have to be ready for almost everything.
  • meredith grey starts out as an intern as well as her competitors and they must face the drama at the hospital and the drama in their personal lives as they work in the hospital and progress during the years

i really do like this show..at first it was just on too late and i couldnt really get into it but now i do really like it..there was one ep i didnt like but ill get to that when i do that ep..this show is full of both intensity and drama..its nice to see the drama in both their competitive side and as things happen in the hospital and in their personal lives as we see relationships being built and destroyed at the same time..its a very intriguing show an it gives a nice view into the hospital system and how doctors get to where they are
  • I love the drama!!

I love the drama that and that is what it is all about on Grey's Anatomy!! Rotton relationships, careers, family, and all the other issues that everyone deals with and never talks about. I am a sucker for drama's on television, but when you add all the twists and turns it makes it even better. I really want to see Meridith with Mc-dreamy, but if it doesn't happen they should still keep us on the edge of our seats. I hope that Grey's will continue it's vetures for many more seasons to come. I will continue to be a faithful viewer.
  • Some interesting characters in a fast-paced setting.

7.8
    I started watching this show recently as part of my Netflix "experience"--no commercials and lots of shows for a very small price tag. You know the benefits I'm Sure. This show strikes me as a little like the old Mary Tyler Moore Show--the central character, around whom all of the plots and characters swirl, is the least interesting part of the show. I find the Character of Meredith Grey to be inane, infantile and uninteresting. The real interest in this show is generated by not only the medical setting and shtick (sp?) but by several of the edgier cast members/ characters-- Bailey, Addison, Christina, to name the best of them. Tye males in this chow are either stodgy authority figures, robotic surgeons, "hunks" or bumblers. All in all, wirth watching, though I doubt I'd hang in there if I had to sit through the commercials.....
  • Great again!

I would say that the show is definitely getting better. The first two seasons were very good, funny and even if it was another tv show taking place in an hospital, it was original for a lot more focused on the relationships than on the actual medical cases. But, I found the 3rd one very deceiving. Too many dead people, i don't remember any good moments during this season.The character of Meredith was too miserable and pathetic. I almost stopped watching it at one point. On the contrary, I think that the 2 last eps tend to find new inspiration, it is funny again! I want GA to go on like that!
  • This show is amazing.

This show makes my life. It's so awesome. Meredith Grey lives a hard life, and being a surgical intern *cough* sorry, resident now, doesn't make it any easier. She always has these "McDreamy" Issues... which is okay, because she's had a challenging childhood. It's McDreamy who needs to pull up his socks. Anyways, Meredith and her fellow doctors make this an enjoyable drama series. It's no wonder it's one of the best rated shows on television. They're always getting into mischief and handling cool surgeries. And where would a show be without some romance? Everyone on the show has had their fair share of love, even Cristina. It's a very enjoyable show.
  • The wait is almost over!!!!

I love this programme and has gotten increasingly better with each season. I've watched it from day 1 and despite it being more like a 'woman's programme' at the start, it has turned into an all round excellent drama with enough power to keep pulling me back week in and week out. I genuinely enjoy the various characters in this show, and for a change there isn't any that I don't like. Looking at previous postings, Gray's is either a love it or hate it show and I am pleased to be a lover and cannot wait to get it downloaded this weekend. We over here in the UK are currently being shown the last season and I can't be bothered waiting months till we get the current US season.

So, welcome back Gray's, it's about time!!!
  • This is about stupid people and me loving grey anatomy

its so good even though meridith always cries but who cares i cry too people always says its bad its not its my new best friend soz tay but they say its unoriginal, yeah as if its the best show ever and it made me want to be a docter so it is influential as well as heart stopping breath taking and mind mingiling. I had all this writing but then it all disapeared ahhhhhhhhh hhhhhh hhhhh hbhh h h !!! i love greys anatomy why arent we allowed to write in capitals its so annoying thank you for reading
  • Grey's Anatomy

Meet Meredith Grey. She's a woman trying to lead a real life with while doing a job that makes having a real life impossible. It has been so long that I almost can't remember the last episode.
    Meredith, Cristina, Izzie and Alex now have interns of their own. Callie does a really good job being chief resident and George is held back a year because he has yet to master the art cutting with scissors.
    This is one of many hospital tv dramas around today and usually I would agree they are all the same and just copy each others plots and storylines but in the case of Grey's Anatomy I have to disagree.Grey's Anatomy is so original!
  • It is original...

To Senar ;
    I am Turkish.And I watched Doktorlar (Doctors) after i read your review.When i look the production date of ours , i can say that Grey's Anatomy is the orginal one.And i am pretty sure that we have taken the script from Grey's Anatomy.No need to shame.But i am really sorry the way you feel "Amercian TV Show having to copy from a Turkish one is a bit shameful".There are so many shows , series in the world TV's taken from other countries TVs.Just to make you happy we have taken So You Think You Can Dance and The Nanny :)))
  • A drama about the lives of doctors and nurses at a hospital. It follows their complicated lives and romances.Most of the stars of this tv drama are now big names in Hollywood such as;Katherine Heigl,Patrick Dempsey and Jefferey Dean Morgan

This is one of many hospital tv dramas around today and usually I would agree they are all the same and just copy each others plots and storylines but in the case of Grey's Anatomy I have to disagree.Grey's Anatomy is so original and the storylines are usually short and easily understood.
    All of the characters are very likeable and the writers really seem to create good and bad stories for each to even out the character's stories.Even when this programme had just aired and most of the actors and actresses were virtually unknown they still had amazing acting ability and were all very talented.Since its first series the actors and actresses have all become A-List and Katherine Heigl-Izzy has starred in a few box office hit films in Hollywood as of lately.Patrick Dempsey also starred in a hit movie in 2007 as the "Prince Charming" in a modern day Cinderella/Snow White Disney movie,Enchanted.The reviews of this drama have all been excellent and it was highly praised since its first episode because of the casual humour,intriguing storylines and amazing talent.
  • I never thought I'd like such a show ... not in a million years ..... but I love it!!

I've never been a fan of romantic comedies, I'm more into action and scientific stuff, so naturally when I first watched an episode I thought to myself "BORING"...

But then I found myself coming back for more, I was captivated by the vivid diverse characters and complex challenging situations with all the emotions and thrills they brought into this show ... I was hooked!

My favorite character would have to be George O'Malley (I'm always rooting for the underdog), T.R. Knight is such a good actor, Katherine Heigl is great too although I'm not a big fan of Izzie. I'm glad they're doing a spin-off coz the show's been a bit crowded recently, with Sara Ramirez and Eric Dane joining the regulars it would help to eliminate a coupla characters (for me Addison is expendable, so is Mark for that matter)

I can't wait to see how this show pans out, it's very interesting and extremely entertaining ... not to mention hilarious. I just love it.
  • Cool

"Grey's Anatomy" is an ER like show that airs on ABC. Personally, I think this is a great show. I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD box set. They cost way too much but it was worth it. This show is way better than the 1994 through present show, "ER". i like the seriousness of it all but, its one of the only medical shows that ive ever watched and it is easily my favorite medical show. ER used to be but after watching the first 5 minutes of this, my opion soon changed. It could be funny though, but it is a medical show.
  • its a realy great show, well read my review lol

Only three episodes into its debut season, Grey's Anatomy finds itself thinking about brain death. I do not claim that the quality of this thinking, in a dramatic series that seeks to be a sort of "ER goes to the senior prom," is likely to impress any licensed bioethicists. But compared with Congress in the Terri Schiavo case, the surgical residents at Seattle Grace Hospital look like Aristotle and Saint Francis of Assisi. And unlike Bill Frist, Peggy Noonan, or Tom DeLay, they are actually in the same room with the patient when they make their diagnosis, rather than on-call at the nearest television studio, sucking on the camera as if it were their feeding tube.
  • Its Your Standed Medical Drama But Manages To Keep Things Interesting And Fresh With A Great Cast And Some Intriging Surgeries.

This Is Now One Of My Favourite Shows. After Watching Series 1 Im Completely Hooked And Cant Wait To Watch
    Series 2. I Was Introduced By A Friend Who Said I Might Like It Since I Love Scrubs. I Was Unsure At First But After Watching The Pilot I Instantly Fell In Love. The Shows Strong Point Comes In The Form Of Its Wonderful Characters. There A Humourous And Diverse Bunch Of Medical Interns And Its Great To Watch As They Develop Their Surgery Skills, Their Freindships And Their Love Lives. In Series 1, A Large Part Of The Story Is About Whos Sleeping With Who, And I Personally Found This To Be Great Entertainment, As It Is Filled With Happy, Sad, Hilarious And Quite Simply Disastrous Moments In Amongst The Hospital.
    Overall, Its A Great Show That Contains Everything You Would Want From A Good Drama, And More.
    Greys Anatomy - 10/10
  • Drama that takes place at Seattle Grace Hospital in which a Surgery Intern called Meredith Grey try to find a happy ending to finish with all the drama of her live.

Grey's anatomy is the most perfect match between Medicine and Romance that you will find at the TV!... With Meredith, Cristina, Izzie, George and Alex you can laugh, you can cry and laugh again and surely you can feel identified with any of the MDs of the Seattle Grace Hospital. It also have a perfect soundtrack, handsome guys and the most innusual cases of medicine!.. Sometimes you could feel that is too much drama but then it surprises you with a 180º change at the story.
    If you are a Girl and you are an MD you will totally Mclove it!
  • I love GReys ANatomy Yeahhh

Okay Dr MCdreamy we lovvvve you your soo hott and McSTeamy i think the name explains it all
    Well let me give you the back story of the sow GReys ANatOmy
    Meredith Grey surgical intern trying to find her place in the world. Shes the type ofgirl who has one night stands
    But one night stand would change her life forever
    On her first day of work she is late because of Derek. They had a one night standd and now shes trying to get him out of her house. Its like magic as soon as she steps into the operating room Scary Magic but Relieving MAgic
    Christina George Izzy Alex are Merediths fellow surgical interns.
    DR. Bailey, and Dr. Torres are the surgical residents

THen we have the interesting group The group full of the MC's (THE ATTENDINGS)
    Dr.McDreamy (Derek) VEry awwkward for Meredith
    Dr.MCSTeamy (MArk)
    Addison (Dereks wife even more interesting and awkward)
    Dr.Burke

ANd the Chief
    Richard Want to find out what happens next I kow you do
    Watch it on ABC Thursdays YOull become addicted trust me

(((SORRY FOR SPELLING)))
  • A doctor comedy/drama, but with romance and friendships and relationships. A perfect balance of suspense, comedy, and romance.

I have never been one to go for medical shows, and when people told me to watch Grey's Anatomy, I very quickly rejected that idea. Over time, I heard lots of buzz about how great it was, and that I should give it a try. So I did, and I have realized what a idiot I am, watching reruns of the OC when I could be experiencing the greatest television series of all time.
    The romance gets a little complicated and ... varied, but the chemistry of the characters are just unbelievable. The medical part of the show is really fascinating as well - Shonda Rhimes chooses the most unlikely, unique, and rare diseases or situations. I am not a fan of blood, but Grey's Anatomy managed to show that it is a good medical show without going all gory (think ER). The characters are all hilarious, by the way, especially Cristina (portrayed by Sandra Oh). They all have different personality quirks, and when the attitudes mix together, it's like magic. Oh, and it helps that Patrick Dempsey is possibly the most attractive man on earth over 40 years old.
    Grey's Anatomy is possible the most addicting show of all time, so I suggest that one should watch it during a holiday. Everyday, when i get home, I go straight for the computer or TV and start watching.
    A thousand thumbs up, absolutely worth watching.
  • This is a great show.

I think everyone should watch Grey's Anatomy. It is interesting, funny, and it is sententious. Almost everything is happening inside the hospital, on their jobs, but still everything is so personal. And all the characters are different. There is Meredith, who's just trying to have a normal life, but her life is always weird. Then, there is George, who is soft, and careful, and he even fails his exam, because he was too busy worring about other people, and their problems. Izzie, who can't do anything without personal involving, and it almost cost her her job, she is just too good. Alex, well he pretends to be tough guy, but he has some personal issues which he hides. Cristina...well she is hardcore, and untill she came to Seattle Grace the only thing important to her was her career, but here she becomes soft, she makes friends, and she even falls in love. Derek, well, he is a nice guy..but does he really love Meredith? He thinks he knows what he wants, but I'm not sure he does. Bailey, she is tough, but she knows what she's doing. Even she is unkind sometimes everyone loves her, because they all know she is a great person. Burk, he seems so stable and cold, but he gets scared and runs away. Addison, well, she is fun, she is smart, interesting person, but she really doesn't know what she wants. Richard, he just loves his job. He loves his wife (or he loves Grey?), but he can't live without his job. He is a good chief. Callie, Mark, Hahn, Rose... They're all different people and that's what makes this show interesting.
  • Doctor drama

I like this show for two reasons:
    1. The medical stories are interesting.
    2. I like most of the characters and their friendships.
    The reason I did not give it a 9 or 10 is because the soap opera element of the McDreamy and Meredith thing does not really interest me as much as the other elements. But as a recent fan of the show I would have to say it is definitely a good show for the most part. It is definitely better than other doctor shows that I have watched, but I just want the writers to tone down the love relationships a little. It feels like an awkward element of the program to me.
  • this show is very encouraging for the youth..who wants to aspire a career in medicine

every show just gets better and better....characters are so real....the actors have put their soul into the character...cannot choose one favourite among them...in my opinion alex character needs improvement....awesome show..i hope this show just goes on...the director and the crew has put lot of effort which can be seen in every shot...being from the medical field i can personally relate to few happenings in the show...Meredith and the characters revolving around her has improved from the very first season to the latest...during the course of the show there were few things which i personally wished had not happened..but then the next episode will change my opinion..everything happens for a cause
  • Why did I watch that? Cause it is great.

Why did I watch that? Cause it is great.

I'd say it again. In fact it is great. Grey's Anatomy is like ER but for Younger people. J/K. The basic formula for Grey's Anatomy is, Character driven, plot driven, Chemistry driven. Add in a little McDreamy, and a dash of McSteamy but not to much. Then add in a little Katherine Heigl, and there you have a number one show. Some of the best besr relationship in the show are between. Doctor Bailey and Doctor Shepherd, Doctor Bailey and O'Malley, and Meredith and Yang. this show is definatly story/character driven. A Must Watch.
  • wow this is really good

this show is good but not completely perfect sometimes it gets to dramatic but don't get me wrong it is still tight because the interaction between the character is great and you can't help but love them and in a sense you can put yourself as one of the characters.the cast is off the hook specially the women they are just hot lol but this is like er but i think better in a way so go grey's anatomy x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14