Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 In Season

Joker00303

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews page 36 of 41

• Yeah, grey's the good stuff! This is what a hospital show should concentrate on!

Way to go Shonda rhimes!
    Grey's anatomy is the best Hospital show I've ever seen. So much hospital action mixed with personal lives of the interns and doctors, so many touching episodes and yet not even a minute of cliche, this show is astonishingly good!

I really thought of myself, after (a bit) too much of ER, "What possibly more could a hospital show offer?" - Well, I was wrong thinking that nothing, and BIG TIME!

All the cast, especially Ellen pompeo, Sandra oh and T.R. Knight do an excellent job, and make TV a better place of us couch potaoes - the show is also wonderfully written and, er, why am I writing??

...I gotta run and catch the next Grey's epi!!!!!!
  • Three words::: Always something new...

I am not usually the person to watch a 'hospital' show...but I this one is an execption. There are things going on (which are hard to keep up with sometimes!!) and I like that. There is the hospital side...then there is the side with relations ships...and LIVES!!! Other hospital shows are all about the patients...and blood...and OR...ER...things like that...but not this show. I mean...Grey's Anatomy has that too...but there is more...and that is what I really like about this show...
  • A show that has meaning!

I love Grey's Anatomy. It gets me teary every episodes. I love the lessons that are taught each episode. It's an awesome show, only problem with it is that it starts at 10PM. Wish it were sooner. Every epoisode gets better and season 2 ROCKS! OMG, Sandra Oh so deserved the Golden Globe award for this show. She is an awesome actress.
  • I was an avid BtVS fan; and didn't really have a favorite show after it went off the air. Then I watched Grey's Anatomy with my daughter and we've been hooked every since. The co-stars all work so well together, and there is magic between them.

I was an avid BtVS fan; and didn't really have a favorite show after it went off the air. Then I watched Grey's Anatomy with my daughter and we've been hooked every since. The co-stars all work so well together, and there is magic between them. My friend at work is hooked too - and I look forward to Monday morning so we can compare notes...I mean - Why wouldn't somebody love this show?!?
    It has humor, intrigue, real-life situations, sadness, happiness -- you name it, this show has it...all the things that make a show good -- and make a show last with fans that will stick by it! Wow! Thabk you - to the writers, directors, actors, the producers...and everyone else involved with airing this show every week! God bless your efforts!
  • Best Show with an Outstanding Cast!

This show has it all and I can't wait for the next episode! I find myself hoping that last weeks patient needing a heart transplant makes it back on the cast for an extended amount of time, he was very cute, witty and added some extra drama and comedy to an already wonderful show. Dr. McDreamy and Meredith and the elevator scenes are always great, you never know what may happen. George really needs to find a love interest and I hope that Alex's retest went well. I can't wait to see what happens this week with the gang.
    Congradulations to those who won Golden Globes and I'd bet you will see more of the cast getting them next year!
  • good for laughs

now here is a show that really makes since... you have five interns wkho are really messed up...hello don't you know to use protection when you are having sex or is it just these guys who think that it is alright...you got to think about what the show is about on one hand you got merrideth having an affair with mcdreamy and then you have one sleeping with a doctor becoming pregnant and then losing the baby that she wasn't going to keep... then the male interns who think that they are gods gift to men...ha ha ha...use a condom
  • It's just wonderful... and plus it has Dr. McDreamy!! He's irresistable :D

A mix of comedy and drama...
    It's a great show IMO because there's humour in it, fun humor and also a bit of drama and serious topics.. It's a good mix and the actors are good too... I think all characters are nice, they all have something you find interesting and that's a good base for a show

Really a show that's worth a shot! :)
  • Ally McBeal in Scrubs

Grey’s Anatomy is one of those shows that you’ll remember fondly one day in the future. Its greatest ambition would be to inspire a girl or two to go into medical school and be a live saving doctor.

GA scores high in writing, acting, realism (which is very important in hospital dramas), emotion and characters. It sets the bar for prime time dramas and televisions targeted at women. Characters are well rounded and have clear though enigmatic motivations. The actors portray them sincerely and with the excellent script, show us week after week, that doctors are humans too.

The soundtrack merits high praise too. Wonderful tunes are featured week after week, all with great Northwestern flavor and relevant to the show. I can’t wait to get an OST.
  • "Grey's Anatomy"..translation: "Grey's Bitching 24/7"

mmmMcDreamy(oh except that he fell in love,in a very short time,with a selfish bitch instead of reconciling with his beautiful wife).Everyone is great except forMeredith who does nothing butBITCHall the time,try to steal a married man,sleep around,and pay no attention to her mother.Get over yourself.Christina is borderline annoying, or maybe it'sBurke.How could a guy like a nutty girl like that?
  • Best show on Television!

This is my must-see show of the week! These characters are all like someone I know. It's easy to become part of what is going on. You want to help them fight for what they believe in. These doctors show the love and compassion and also the numbness one may have while working in a hospital or anywhere medical. We are watching them all grow as people and as doctors.
  • Great show!

Very much the format of many of the other similar shows on the Wb and Fox. They should take a lesson from this one and not make so many transitions while telling the story. It makes one dizzy at times! Love the characters, the music, and the storylines. Love it!
  • The shows title is a reference to the book "Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body". We watched Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), a new surgical intern, navigate her profession life and personal relationship with roommates and lovelife with Dr. Derek Shepard (aka D

The show balances drama and humor, the personal and professional. The combination of interesting plots and personalities makes the show work well.

Overall I am a huge fan of the show. If you haven't watched this show yet, give it a chance --more than likely, you'll be impressed.

And, after each show I find myself looking at the online page for the songs played during that episode. The songs are mainly from new artists, and I highly recommend taking a listen to any of them.

My only caution is that this show is addictive.
  • The Best Show Ever

I love this show. I would like to see on everyday but i guess then it would get old. I am not much in to soaps but this I watch faithfully. The writers and actors on this show are wonderful. Real people trying to get by in life. I hope this one lasts a long long time.
  • Meredith Grey is a woman trying to lead a real life while doing a job that makes having a real life impossible. Meredith is a first year surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital, the toughest surgical residency program west of Harvard.

Meet Meredith Grey. She\'s a woman trying to lead a real life while doing a job that makes having a real life impossible. Meredith is a first year surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital, the toughest surgical residency program west of Harvard. She and fellow first-year interns Cristina Yang, Izzie Stevens, George O\'Malley and Alex Karev were students yesterday. Today they\'re doctors and, in a world where on the job training can be a matter of life and death, they\'re all juggling the ups and downs of their own personal lives.

The five interns fight to maintain friendships in this most stressful and competitive atmosphere. Meredith\'s medical ambition is overshadowed by a troubling secret: Her mother, a noted pioneering surgeon, is suffering from a tragic and devastating illness. Cristina is a study in contradiction; highly competitive and driven, she eschews any favors in order to make it on her own. Isobel \"Izzie\" Stevens, the small-town girl who paid for medical school by modeling in her underwear, battles for respect amongst her peers. George O\'Malley is the warm but insecure boy next door who always manages to do or say the wrong thing - even in the O.R. Worse, in spite of his obvious attraction to Meredith, he\'s treated as \"just one of the girls.\" And Alex Karev, the intern every intern loves to hate, masks his working class roots with arrogance and ambition.

The interns are guided by an established team of doctors who are determined to shape them into skilled surgeons or break them: Miranda Bailey, the senior resident responsible for training them, masks her softer side with a demeanor so tough that she\'s the nicknamed \"The Nazi.\" Derek Shepherd is the flirtatious but wildly talented surgeon. Meredith thought he was her soul mate when the two began a forbidden sexual relationship - but now that the wife Meredith never knew he had arrives, she\'s not so sure. Preston Burke\'s arrogance is second only to his skill with a scalpel. He meets his match in Cristina when they begin a less romantic but equally forbidden relationship of their own - a relationship complicated by Cristina\'s refusal to reveal to Burke that she is pregnant with his child. Overseeing them all is Dr. Richard Webber, Seattle Grace\'s paternal but no-nonsense chief of surgery who harbors some secrets of his own concerning Meredith\'s mother.

Grey\'s Anatomy focuses on young people struggling to be doctors and doctors struggling to stay human. It\'s the drama and intensity of medical training mixed with the funny, sexy, painful lives of interns who are about to discover that neither medicine nor relationships can be defined in black and white. Real life only comes in shades of grey.
  • An excellent cast for an excellent show

People may rave about the 'Lost' cast, but the cast of 'Grey's Anatomy' are the real stars.
    I was actually really surprised to like this show, as it is essentially a soap opera crossed with a medical mystery drama. I am not a fan of either of these genres, and the only similar hybrid I have liked is ER, but this shows that there's more than one good one!
    This is not to say it's even remotely like ER, because it's not- the two series have entirely different tones and sensibilities- I prefer this show.
    The series has a unique way of finding humor in dark situations, and manages to walk the fine line between comedy and drama in a way that hasn't been done since 'Twin Peaks'.
    As I mentioned, the cast are incedible- particularly noteable are Ellen Pompeo as the lead- Meredith Grey, who is an Ally Mc Beal style heroine you can't help but root for; Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, who is so driven by her work that the empathy she generates is quite a shock; and Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey- nicknamed 'The Nazi' by many of the staff, she exists in an amazing dichotomy between severely tough, and touchingly caring.
    The rest of the large cast are just as compelling- there really isn't a weak link- but these three really stand out for me.
    Another bonus is that this season, at least so far, ABC has been airing new episodes every week for an uninterrupted season, right up until Christmas, which means you're not gonna forget what's going on. And the fact that the show already has an extra five episodes- bringing the total to 27, the network can almost afford to keep this up! With any luck, they'll decide to extend the season by another four episodes or so, so that this will in fact be the case!
    So all in all, if you love a good soap opera, medical mystery or comedy, or even if you don't, you'll love Grey's Anatomy- and the second season has been even better than the first. It's not quite up to the standard of Veronica Mars, but it's very close...
  • Not just copying off ER & House; its just a bad replacement.

0.0
    I don't get "ABC Network" for cancelling L.A. Dragnet and replacing it with this. Grey's Anatomy is a very bad medical drama. Common their is seriously no character development. I turned on the show one night and I was like what. Seriously I only keept in on for only ten minutes.
  • Where Star Wars has 'I have a bad feeling about this'. Grey's Anatomy has 'seriously' just watch and see how many times this word is used! I thought is was funny.

This serie is great. Has a realistic feel to it and the right balance between dramatic and humourous scenes.
    Acting is really good and the look of the series is cinematical, which I personally like in a TV serie.

Some of the story lines really touched me and threw me of balance. The train wreck victims' story got me all choked up.
    I also like the realistic endings in some of the story lines, sometimes there is no way to save a life of someone or does the main character know everything.

I hope they will have more compelling episodes for a long time.

O, yeah and another reason:
    Ellen Pompeo has one of the most beautiful eyes to drown in!

Seriously!
  • LOVe love Grey's Anatomy!!

I really like Grey's Anatomy it is a great show. It will make you cry at times, but it is also very funny, I love how it lets you cry and laugh. I love all the characters. I do think it is one of the best shows on tv today. I love doctor/hospital type shows and I also watch Strong Medicine on Lifetime but Grey's Anatomy tops strong medicine by a mile I still like the show though.
  • best medical drama

greys annatomy is truely the best medical drama on tv... it has a wonderful cast who deliver a funny and great performance. I wonder how long it will take for all of the interns to sleep with eachother but it is enjoyable watching this show and i hope it stays on for many seasons
  • AWESOME show!!! Edgier, hipper and funnier than any other hospital drama I've ever seen!

The last hospital show that I was hooked on was ER, and that was YEARS ago when it first came out. Once Anthony Green left the show, I was done watching it. When I saw the teasers for Grey's, I thought...OMG, what a cheap spin on ER. I was DEAD WRONG. With nothing else to watch one evening, I decided to leave the channel on ABC (I had just finished wathcing Housewives, of course) and I discovered one of the most well written, well acted, and thought provoking shows on television. I love that it's a FUNNY show as well. It isn't anything like ER. It's up to date and more in tune with viewers in the 21st century. I would recommend this show to ANYONE! Happy viewing, McDreamy fans!
  • a handful of young good looking interns in a nice hospital have to battle out

it's a wonderful and very refreshing thv show...even though ER is more realistic with the drama, it doesnt have the humour in it that makes this show more human...not an episode goes by that i've watched where i HAVENT laughed, or almost cried...a great show by anyones standards and i cant wait to see how far this show can go...
  • NOTT!

0.2
    What can I say? This is the one show that my wife and I sit down together every week to watch.

We feel like we know the characters. The issues that it deals with, are real.

It seems to keep on getting better, even as it goes into the middle of its second season.

NOTT!
  • A great show. Great Cast.

We feel like we know the characters. The issues that it deals with, are real.

• Shows about - none other than the personal- relationships between interns and doctors.

7.2
    So how interesting can u expect a soap opera that revolves around romance to be? its interesting in a mild yet not so mild way....doesn't make sense? how can it be a daily fix then? well, u first have to put aside the reality in life that there can't be so many good-looking people working in the same place who are so desperate for a love life and then perhaps u could start to enjoy this series. there is an unexpected twist to this show which makes it worth watching and somehow makes it a daily fix. i'm waiting to see how long i'll stick to it...that is when the boredom of these relationships kick in......i reckon it'd be b4 the 4th season. in other words, i could summarise that i'm just watching this to fill my time b4 prison break comes back!!!
  • Keep the excitement in television. Watch Grey's Anatomy! What an awesome, well written story line.

Grey’s Anatomy has become the “best watched” television show of my family and friends. We love it!! Ever episode has a twist that we never expected. It keeps us guessing from week to week. We enjoy the characters with the exception of the “new Dr. Sheppard”. She can go home. Keep the suspense coming!!
  • An absolutely wonderful show, you should simply watch Grey's Anatomy.

An absolutely wonderful show, you should simply watch Grey\'s Anatomy. It\'s filled with interesting stories, great character developments, talented stars and best of all, is the relationship developments (aka sex!) From the start, we already knew Meredith would be paired off with Derek and boy, does the chemistry sizzle. And also Cristina and Burke which proved to be the more fascinating couple of the show, they are as different as night and day, except for the one thing they\'re passionate about: being a surgeon.
    Neither lacking in humour or in drama, this show is quite hilarious with lovable characters like George and more intriguing characters like Cristina. The show has good plot, with compelling stories every week, and it\'s amusing to see the interns scramble to find the most gory-fied patient to tend to. They love surgery and cannot wait to scrub in.
    It may be featured in a hospital about surgeons, but the main focus of this show is about relationships between people. And that\'s why I love it so much. It is not to be missed.
  • I love this show. Every week they find some way to make me laugh and cry. Some of their jokes are dirty, but isn\'t that what life is... a series of bad and dirty jokes? I reccomend this show to ER fans and Sex and the City fans.

I love this show. Every week they find some way to make me laugh and cry. Some of their jokes are dirty, but isn\'t that what life is... a series of bad and dirty jokes? I reccomend this show to ER fans and Sex and the City fans. The End.
  • Not that girly

It seems like a girly show, and till some point it is, but it's also an entertaining show.
    It's sort of in the middle of Scrubs and ER (not as funny as the first but not as dramatic as the later) and with a touch of "Gilmore Girls".
    It's plain entertainment, with a few cheap psicological insights, but it's fine anyway.
  • Surgical interns just trying to make it thru with out killing themsevles or killing a patient. Not having much time for family and realising that your family is the hospital. Trying to deal with falling in love with a colliege. Who says that can't happe

I love this show for many reasons. #1 Patrick Dempsey: that's all I have to say about that. #2 the plots are awesome, I love that it is not perdictable. Plus the medical cases are good. Some are funny but you never know if its real!! I think this show has the best twists and turns to keep the audience watching. #3 I love any hosiptal drama show. It doesn't get boring because every episode has different cases in it to keep us watching but it also has the main plot about all of the doctors and whats going on in their lives. My favorite plot is the Derek and Meredith love. They are soo perfect for each other and they still both love each other. I watch it every week to see what we happen between them. Even though that every episode leaves me hanging I am always excited to watch it next week to see what happens. I give this Show TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!
  • Saw two episodes in a row and it was enough to don't want anything else!

I was lucky enought to caught to episodes, of this amazing series, by accident!

I was completly blown away! I usually like shows based in doctors and interns, but this one simply has something else! All the carachters are completly amazing, the script is very good with quality comedy and the sets are absolutly fabolous! In others words, complete joy to watch!

This was an early christmas presente! Can't wait for them to realese the Dvd in region 2!