Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 Returning September 22, 2016

Joker00303

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews page 37 of 42

• strange but in a good way

I at first really was not into this show, but the more I watched the more I liked.. quirky differant not sure how to describe it, but very very good.. iam glad it has garnered some awards..Congrats Sandra Oh...I hope it lasts a while I want more charecter devoplment,,good show
  • In this great story it almost reminds me of ER , but with a twist that makes it so good to watch. The lives of the surgeons are absolutly fabulous and so unpredictable.

Every week I make sure i watch this show and just in case i tink i might miss it i make sure it is set to the tivo. the decisiond tehy make are so fast , and always unpredictable. Like in the last episode merideth taking over with that bomb , it was hard to even tell what would happen , it makes your heart race , this is truely good TV.
  • What A Show!

Where should I start. Last night's show was amazing! Christina Ricci was gave a great performance. I was so shocked when it was said that the man had live ammunition inside of him and Hannah played by Ricci had her hand on it. I was also happy to see Alex and Izzie get it on it has been way too long for those two! I was saddened to find out that it was Bailey's husband who was in the car accident. Patrick Dempsey also gave a great performance. I wasn't surprised that Derek didn't leave the OR. Ellen magnificent as usual and when Meredith put her hand in the guy's wound I was so scared for her. One last thing I must congratulate Sandra Oh for her GG and SAG wins!
  • First time I ever watched this series, and am not really impressed. It offers the hope for some "gotta see it" draw down the road, but technically is way off-base. I'll be more interested when the producers hire a few technical advisors and render it mor

Having never seen or even heard of this series before, I watched the last half after the Super Bowl with no previous bias to influence my opinion on the show.

Although I could see this episode's allure, the technical errors were too blatent to ignore and far too distracting. As a paramedic myself, I can tell you first hand that "bagging" a patient with the BVM ("Ambu") is taught in the first week of many years of training; a physician teaching the skill to a *certified* paramedic, or even EMT-Basic? Unnecessary and unlikely.

Another gripe: I don't want to sound rude, but a working paramedic panicking like that and bolting from the OR??? We usually *have* to be taught and reminded of "scene safety" from the start just to keep our collective backsides out of trouble and reminding us that two dying patients (the patient and the paramedic) is far worse than one dead one, lol! It's just our nature. Many paramedics died at the World Trade Center and other disasters because of our deep-down need to help others, which means we oftentimes tend to disregard our own self preservation in the process. The mortality rate of paramedics now meets that of police offices in the US. But we do this work because it is our life's path, and feels right. I honestly don't think "Hannah" would have gone on to become a working paramedic if she was this flighty; she would have called it quits on her own. Too much blood out there, too many gunshots, too many drunks, too many life threats that simply cannot be avoided.

Those was the technical errors that stood out the most for me, just on the paramedic end. As one who also works in a hospital as a tech to pay the bills, there were other obvious errors as well in the episode, but my amount of space to write is probably limited.

In my opinion, the producers need to shell out a few bucks to hire a Paramedic for a little technical advice and forget the soap-opera dramatics that destroyed the integrity of other programs like ER and Third Watch. It's no great expense; fast food shift managers make more than we do per hour, lol! And then consult OR techs, and interns, and... you get the point. Maybe I'll give this show an honest try next season, with hopes that it has only gotten better and not worse.

Appreciate your time!
  • GREY's ANATOMY didn't air in L.A. as listed on ABC's website, at 10 PM. Instead there was a re-run of Desperate Housewives. My neighbor hurried home to see it at 9:45PM; ditto for me. Why bother to get good ratings when your web listing and programming do

1.1
    BOOO! to ABC for not airing the episode they advertised all week. People in my area on the west coast didn't see Grey's Anatomy at 10 PM or even 11 PM, after the Super Bowl. ABC's website listed it at 10 PM, it's usual time. The show beforehand, discussed the Super Bowl. Why have a website if it's wrong?
  • Grey's Anatomy is funny comedy/drama that reminds me of the first seasons of ER.

I have watched Grey's Anatomy since the pilot and I love to watch the reruns. It is the only new show I watch on regular basis in five years. I like how the characters react to each other and how they insult each other. My favourite quote is "they are not dead until we say they are dead."
  • A doctor show that focuses more on the personal lives. Excellent!

This is just waht primetime needs. A doctor show that is mainly about people's personal lives. It is more about relationships and friendships than surgeries and accidents. It proves that doctors can have personal affairs affect thei job as well as any other job. It really gives you a new perspective on doctors.
  • This show follows the lives of several surgical interns. It's wonderfully put together, and the script is always wittily written.

This show is amazing. I really identify with Meredith, who shares my name. I've always wanted to be a surgeon so I hope someday I am in a position similar to Meredith's. I love George and Izzie, who are both stand-out characters to me. I thought at first that Alex was a jerk but I've seen a nicer side to him recently. I think that he really likes Izzie but doesn't know how to deal with it. Christina is hilarious and sometimes goes a little crazy, but is sympathetic and does have compassion, contrary to what Dr. Cindy(who was really annoying) said!
  • This show is about interns in the medical profession and the real life. Its abode love it s abode pain it s funny. You get so involved with the characters. You ken feel there’s pain there’s joy. And The actors play their roles very good.

I love Grey's anatomy. I love how the characters are. Like George is so funny and cute, Meredith and Derrick are so god together and and I hope the will get back to gather agene! They are the perfect match and It’s so wonderful to se the spark between them. Burke and Cristina are also great together, and I think that Burke is going to change Cristina to a beater person. Izzy is a good person and has a good heart, and she is so different from the other two girls. Alex is to post to be a bad person .bud deep done he is a very nice person. It’s just that this show is so great..... I wish that i could se a new show everyday. I can’t enough of it

Tank you all so much fore making this fabulous show.
  • When it first hit our screens I didn't watch this show as it looked "too medical" for my liking. In a moment of weakness I watched a little, and have not looked back!!

This is a brilliant show, more focussed on the characters lives than their medical procedures.....i absolutely love it! It's only been off tv for a few short weeks but I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms! I can't wait for grey's anatomy to come back to our screens here in the UK!
  • This show is about interns in the medical profession and the real life and not so real life situations they get into. It swings from one extreme to the other. From one hilariouly obsured moment to a tender, bittersweet, sometimes gruesome harsh reality.

Why do I love this show. It's simple really. I love it because it's brash, funny, and sometimes over the top. It also has some truth to it. Between the medical cases that seem strange and obsurd that are based on actual cases to the relationships between the characters. You know that the best TV shows contain that one element of two caracters desiring to be together so intensely but fate deals them a diferent hand. Most TV shows would be dead with out this senario put into the mix. You get so involved with the characters career blunders and their personal life hang-ups that you just can't tear your eyes and ears away for even a moment fearing that you might miss a witty comment or a subtle look between the characters. You can't afford to miss one single episode. Long live Grey's Anatomy
  • Grey's Anatomy follows the lives of five surgical interns and the doctors that teach them. They are all passionate about working, yet try desperately not to lose themselves in the battle to the top.

Grey's Anatomy is certainly one of the best shows on TV right now. The writing for this show is absolutely top of the line. Grey's Anatomy has the ideal blend of comedy and drama and the characters in the show are so well hashed out, the audience feels as though they know them like a friend. All the actors in the show are great. They each play their characters so accurately and smoothly and deliver the lines with just the right about of wit, humor or sorrow that the writers intended. Mot only did Sandra Oh most definitely deserve the Golden Globe, I'm shocked the show didn't get overwhelmed with more nominations. One not great thing about the show is that so far the second season is good, but not as fantastic as the first season.
  • Yeah, grey's the good stuff! This is what a hospital show should concentrate on!

Way to go Shonda rhimes!
    Grey's anatomy is the best Hospital show I've ever seen. So much hospital action mixed with personal lives of the interns and doctors, so many touching episodes and yet not even a minute of cliche, this show is astonishingly good!

I really thought of myself, after (a bit) too much of ER, "What possibly more could a hospital show offer?" - Well, I was wrong thinking that nothing, and BIG TIME!

All the cast, especially Ellen pompeo, Sandra oh and T.R. Knight do an excellent job, and make TV a better place of us couch potaoes - the show is also wonderfully written and, er, why am I writing??

...I gotta run and catch the next Grey's epi!!!!!!
  • Three words::: Always something new...

I am not usually the person to watch a 'hospital' show...but I this one is an execption. There are things going on (which are hard to keep up with sometimes!!) and I like that. There is the hospital side...then there is the side with relations ships...and LIVES!!! Other hospital shows are all about the patients...and blood...and OR...ER...things like that...but not this show. I mean...Grey's Anatomy has that too...but there is more...and that is what I really like about this show...
  • A show that has meaning!

I love Grey's Anatomy. It gets me teary every episodes. I love the lessons that are taught each episode. It's an awesome show, only problem with it is that it starts at 10PM. Wish it were sooner. Every epoisode gets better and season 2 ROCKS! OMG, Sandra Oh so deserved the Golden Globe award for this show. She is an awesome actress.
  • I was an avid BtVS fan; and didn't really have a favorite show after it went off the air. Then I watched Grey's Anatomy with my daughter and we've been hooked every since. The co-stars all work so well together, and there is magic between them.

I was an avid BtVS fan; and didn't really have a favorite show after it went off the air. Then I watched Grey's Anatomy with my daughter and we've been hooked every since. The co-stars all work so well together, and there is magic between them. My friend at work is hooked too - and I look forward to Monday morning so we can compare notes...I mean - Why wouldn't somebody love this show?!?
    It has humor, intrigue, real-life situations, sadness, happiness -- you name it, this show has it...all the things that make a show good -- and make a show last with fans that will stick by it! Wow! Thabk you - to the writers, directors, actors, the producers...and everyone else involved with airing this show every week! God bless your efforts!
  • Best Show with an Outstanding Cast!

This show has it all and I can't wait for the next episode! I find myself hoping that last weeks patient needing a heart transplant makes it back on the cast for an extended amount of time, he was very cute, witty and added some extra drama and comedy to an already wonderful show. Dr. McDreamy and Meredith and the elevator scenes are always great, you never know what may happen. George really needs to find a love interest and I hope that Alex's retest went well. I can't wait to see what happens this week with the gang.
    Congradulations to those who won Golden Globes and I'd bet you will see more of the cast getting them next year!
  • good for laughs

now here is a show that really makes since... you have five interns wkho are really messed up...hello don't you know to use protection when you are having sex or is it just these guys who think that it is alright...you got to think about what the show is about on one hand you got merrideth having an affair with mcdreamy and then you have one sleeping with a doctor becoming pregnant and then losing the baby that she wasn't going to keep... then the male interns who think that they are gods gift to men...ha ha ha...use a condom
  • It's just wonderful... and plus it has Dr. McDreamy!! He's irresistable :D

A mix of comedy and drama...
    It's a great show IMO because there's humour in it, fun humor and also a bit of drama and serious topics.. It's a good mix and the actors are good too... I think all characters are nice, they all have something you find interesting and that's a good base for a show

Really a show that's worth a shot! :)
  • Ally McBeal in Scrubs

Grey’s Anatomy is one of those shows that you’ll remember fondly one day in the future. Its greatest ambition would be to inspire a girl or two to go into medical school and be a live saving doctor.

GA scores high in writing, acting, realism (which is very important in hospital dramas), emotion and characters. It sets the bar for prime time dramas and televisions targeted at women. Characters are well rounded and have clear though enigmatic motivations. The actors portray them sincerely and with the excellent script, show us week after week, that doctors are humans too.

The soundtrack merits high praise too. Wonderful tunes are featured week after week, all with great Northwestern flavor and relevant to the show. I can’t wait to get an OST.
  • "Grey's Anatomy"..translation: "Grey's Bitching 24/7"

mmmMcDreamy(oh except that he fell in love,in a very short time,with a selfish bitch instead of reconciling with his beautiful wife).Everyone is great except forMeredith who does nothing butBITCHall the time,try to steal a married man,sleep around,and pay no attention to her mother.Get over yourself.Christina is borderline annoying, or maybe it'sBurke.How could a guy like a nutty girl like that?
  • Best show on Television!

This is my must-see show of the week! These characters are all like someone I know. It's easy to become part of what is going on. You want to help them fight for what they believe in. These doctors show the love and compassion and also the numbness one may have while working in a hospital or anywhere medical. We are watching them all grow as people and as doctors.
  • Great show!

Very much the format of many of the other similar shows on the Wb and Fox. They should take a lesson from this one and not make so many transitions while telling the story. It makes one dizzy at times! Love the characters, the music, and the storylines. Love it!
  • The shows title is a reference to the book "Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body". We watched Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), a new surgical intern, navigate her profession life and personal relationship with roommates and lovelife with Dr. Derek Shepard (aka D

The show balances drama and humor, the personal and professional. The combination of interesting plots and personalities makes the show work well.

Overall I am a huge fan of the show. If you haven't watched this show yet, give it a chance --more than likely, you'll be impressed.

And, after each show I find myself looking at the online page for the songs played during that episode. The songs are mainly from new artists, and I highly recommend taking a listen to any of them.

My only caution is that this show is addictive.
  • The Best Show Ever

I love this show. I would like to see on everyday but i guess then it would get old. I am not much in to soaps but this I watch faithfully. The writers and actors on this show are wonderful. Real people trying to get by in life. I hope this one lasts a long long time.
  • Meredith Grey is a woman trying to lead a real life while doing a job that makes having a real life impossible. Meredith is a first year surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital, the toughest surgical residency program west of Harvard.

Meet Meredith Grey. She\'s a woman trying to lead a real life while doing a job that makes having a real life impossible. Meredith is a first year surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital, the toughest surgical residency program west of Harvard. She and fellow first-year interns Cristina Yang, Izzie Stevens, George O\'Malley and Alex Karev were students yesterday. Today they\'re doctors and, in a world where on the job training can be a matter of life and death, they\'re all juggling the ups and downs of their own personal lives.

The five interns fight to maintain friendships in this most stressful and competitive atmosphere. Meredith\'s medical ambition is overshadowed by a troubling secret: Her mother, a noted pioneering surgeon, is suffering from a tragic and devastating illness. Cristina is a study in contradiction; highly competitive and driven, she eschews any favors in order to make it on her own. Isobel \"Izzie\" Stevens, the small-town girl who paid for medical school by modeling in her underwear, battles for respect amongst her peers. George O\'Malley is the warm but insecure boy next door who always manages to do or say the wrong thing - even in the O.R. Worse, in spite of his obvious attraction to Meredith, he\'s treated as \"just one of the girls.\" And Alex Karev, the intern every intern loves to hate, masks his working class roots with arrogance and ambition.

The interns are guided by an established team of doctors who are determined to shape them into skilled surgeons or break them: Miranda Bailey, the senior resident responsible for training them, masks her softer side with a demeanor so tough that she\'s the nicknamed \"The Nazi.\" Derek Shepherd is the flirtatious but wildly talented surgeon. Meredith thought he was her soul mate when the two began a forbidden sexual relationship - but now that the wife Meredith never knew he had arrives, she\'s not so sure. Preston Burke\'s arrogance is second only to his skill with a scalpel. He meets his match in Cristina when they begin a less romantic but equally forbidden relationship of their own - a relationship complicated by Cristina\'s refusal to reveal to Burke that she is pregnant with his child. Overseeing them all is Dr. Richard Webber, Seattle Grace\'s paternal but no-nonsense chief of surgery who harbors some secrets of his own concerning Meredith\'s mother.

Grey\'s Anatomy focuses on young people struggling to be doctors and doctors struggling to stay human. It\'s the drama and intensity of medical training mixed with the funny, sexy, painful lives of interns who are about to discover that neither medicine nor relationships can be defined in black and white. Real life only comes in shades of grey.
  • An excellent cast for an excellent show

People may rave about the 'Lost' cast, but the cast of 'Grey's Anatomy' are the real stars.
    I was actually really surprised to like this show, as it is essentially a soap opera crossed with a medical mystery drama. I am not a fan of either of these genres, and the only similar hybrid I have liked is ER, but this shows that there's more than one good one!
    This is not to say it's even remotely like ER, because it's not- the two series have entirely different tones and sensibilities- I prefer this show.
    The series has a unique way of finding humor in dark situations, and manages to walk the fine line between comedy and drama in a way that hasn't been done since 'Twin Peaks'.
    As I mentioned, the cast are incedible- particularly noteable are Ellen Pompeo as the lead- Meredith Grey, who is an Ally Mc Beal style heroine you can't help but root for; Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, who is so driven by her work that the empathy she generates is quite a shock; and Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey- nicknamed 'The Nazi' by many of the staff, she exists in an amazing dichotomy between severely tough, and touchingly caring.
    The rest of the large cast are just as compelling- there really isn't a weak link- but these three really stand out for me.
    Another bonus is that this season, at least so far, ABC has been airing new episodes every week for an uninterrupted season, right up until Christmas, which means you're not gonna forget what's going on. And the fact that the show already has an extra five episodes- bringing the total to 27, the network can almost afford to keep this up! With any luck, they'll decide to extend the season by another four episodes or so, so that this will in fact be the case!
    So all in all, if you love a good soap opera, medical mystery or comedy, or even if you don't, you'll love Grey's Anatomy- and the second season has been even better than the first. It's not quite up to the standard of Veronica Mars, but it's very close...
  • Not just copying off ER & House; its just a bad replacement.

0.0
    I don't get "ABC Network" for cancelling L.A. Dragnet and replacing it with this. Grey's Anatomy is a very bad medical drama. Common their is seriously no character development. I turned on the show one night and I was like what. Seriously I only keept in on for only ten minutes.
  • Where Star Wars has 'I have a bad feeling about this'. Grey's Anatomy has 'seriously' just watch and see how many times this word is used! I thought is was funny.

This serie is great. Has a realistic feel to it and the right balance between dramatic and humourous scenes.
    Acting is really good and the look of the series is cinematical, which I personally like in a TV serie.

Some of the story lines really touched me and threw me of balance. The train wreck victims' story got me all choked up.
    I also like the realistic endings in some of the story lines, sometimes there is no way to save a life of someone or does the main character know everything.

I hope they will have more compelling episodes for a long time.

O, yeah and another reason:
    Ellen Pompeo has one of the most beautiful eyes to drown in!

Seriously!
  • LOVe love Grey's Anatomy!!

I really like Grey's Anatomy it is a great show. It will make you cry at times, but it is also very funny, I love how it lets you cry and laugh. I love all the characters. I do think it is one of the best shows on tv today. I love doctor/hospital type shows and I also watch Strong Medicine on Lifetime but Grey's Anatomy tops strong medicine by a mile I still like the show though.