Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 Returning September 25th, 2014

Joker00303

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews page 6 of 39

• A light hearted medical drama that should be applauded for.

Watched it since season 1. In my opinion, the series is getting better and better. Season 5's finale was the best out of the five seasons. Season 1-4 finales were not so exciting. What I mean is you won't be too eager to watch the first episode of the season after the previous season. Not as eager as season 5's finale, I think season 6 episode 1 will have the most viewers out of the five season's first episodes.

I would recommend you to watch it from the beginning (Season1), so you would understand the progression of the storyline. It's funny, light-hearted, sometimes emotional enough for Kleenex, cleverly filmed...etc

Not going to spoil you with storylines in the series, just watch it.
  • Big up this show!!!:-)

I'm about to be a Dartmouth alumnus so I'm ever so happy to support other alumnus, it's a good thing Shonda Rhimes and the team she has working for her do not make it difficult. At first I was a little hesitant to watch Grey's Anatomy because I thought it was more of a fad than an actually interesting television show. The jury is not really out yet, but I think the character and relationship developments in the first couple of seasons were really good. The show right now is ok, there is nothing really interesting about it. I just watch it out of habit,and procrastination; but if you are looking for a pseudo-light hearted, and funny medical (but not really) drama this is the show for you!

I wish they would sometimes actually focus more on the medical side of things rather than the love triangles of seattle Grace...but I guess that is why I have House MD
  • Excellent show!

This show has proveen that it can change what you're expecting and do it right!, yes we all knew that Izzie would die, but at least for me it surprised me the whole George thing, excellent show perfect!! I'm looking forward for the 6th Season, although im going to miss Izzie and George, .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .
  • I love the show!

My husband was life-flighted to a hospital after a cardiac arrest; they put him in ice for 3 days and watched his brain waves. A week later he had open heart surgery. Not long after he got out of the hospital one of the shows put a guy in ice and it was very similar to what they did. I think the show is great, this hospital had interns and it really made the show feel so real when we watch it. They came in one morning and there were 14 of them following the doctor around and a few checked on him all the time. He was their miracle patient because he came out fine. Keep the show going it is great to watch something that is so real.
  • I like the show, but no new character's!! Stick to the basics!!!

I really like this tv show! Specially on season one and two. I think in the past two seasons, there are some characters that are boring specially the story about Lexie! I don't see the point of the character and is basically useless for the story!!
    Because the producers don't care about any other intern and most of the viewers don't care about Meredith half sister the main point in this show is Meredith, right? Not her little sis!
    I really don't like tv series that every season change and introduce new people on the show, it remains me the pathetic last nine seasons of ER!
    Please don't do that with Grey's Anatomy!!!
  • What started out as a funny, romantic, easy-going show focusing on McDreamy, McSteamy and other quirky characters like Christina soon became a circus of crazy and dead people and other general nonsense that totally changes the nature of the show.

I think there's still a lot of potential for turning things around, but they need positive exposure of the most interesting characters like Christina, Hunt(please make him not-crazy again), McSteamy(break things off with boring lil Grey!), and Callie(more lesbian stuff please!), oh and of course Baily needs to get back to her nazi-self too. There's simply been too much negativity the past 3 seasons!

There's nothing wrong with adding new charactesr, I'm actually glad they killed off some of the less successful characters like Hann, Izzie(crazy) and George(got boring), make way for fresh new blood. I just keep my fingers crossed that they are good, like Spike to Buffy and Laurence Fishbourne to CSI.

I hope the show gets back on track with some positive character development, challenges for the doctors (that doesn't neccessarily involve grotesque medical conditions), and more making out in the elevator and sex in the on-call room please!!!

One last thing, if Izzie and/or starts coming back as ghosts in the new season, I am quittin!
  • Probably I will stop watching.

I'm tired of this show, i'll probably stop watching it, specially if they let Izzie live. I'm completely tired of her character and the fact that everything is always about her. They always put her in the center of attentions.
    Regarding the finale, I don't know why everybody was so surprised that the bus victim was George, it became quite obvious after a while. It has been done before on other shows. Besides, if TR is leaving the show, they could simply send him to Iraq, they didn't have to kill him. They're trying to make the show so dramatic, that it's becoming ridiculous and boring.
    I loved the wedding thing between Meredith and McDreamy, i think it had everything to do with their personalities. I know most people didn't like it, but i'm not in favor of the whole official and traditional ceremony, it doesn't suit them.
    (I'm sorry for any writing errors but english is not my first language).
  • The struggle of the characters to become or remain great surgeons, while dealing with everything that live has to offer is the key for success.

What began as a romantic drama show about the (love) life of Meredith Grey, became an interesting show full of laughter, love, friendship, loss, life and death. All this personal drama next to some pretty interesting medical cases made for a great show. As the show progresses we get more insights into the lives of the interns, attendants and residents of Seattle Grace Hospital. We get to know and love the characters. As the personal dramas continue and become almost over the top, and the medical cases tend to lose their credibility, there's still something about this show that still makes it enjoyable to watch.
    It must be the dark and twisty edge of Meredith Grey, the dreamy eyes of Derek Shepherd, the steamy relationships of Mark Sloan, the optimistic Izzie Stevens, the hot and damaged Alex Karev, the overly competitive Cristina Yang, the sexually disorientated Callie Torres, the smiley posters Lexie Grey, the tough yet overbearing Miranda Bailey and all the other interesting characters that makes you not want to miss a second.
    The emphasis on the struggle of these characters to become or remain great surgeons, while dealing with everything that live has to offer and not so much on the medical aspects is and stays fascinating and is in my opinion the key for success for this show.
  • The show is a hospital drama that focuses around a bunch of doctors. The patients always end up connecting personally to the doctors-whether the doctors realize it or not-

This show is fantastic, it always keeps me on the edge of my seat. There is so much romance,and intensity that is has me like "wow" everytime. I don't like how they killed George off though, i miss him. I also really miss Izzie, she needs to get done being mad at Alex and come back. Although, I am sad their fighting..I can't wait to see them make-up. Grey's always have a really cute way of bringing relationships back together-like giving their girlfriends kidneys in a jar--aww---. Speaking of kidneys in a jar... Meredith and Derek, I just love how their relationship is blossoming. They have come so far since season 1 episode 1. So I say on the show they have probably been married for a couple of months,so it's time to bring a baby in the world. Right? I know it won't be easy-cause they never make anything easy- but still. We want a McBaby. Anyway, I say all around an excellent show, keep up the good work. P.S I also want to see where Mark and Lexie are headed. They are cute together too! I thought it was weird at first now I dont mind it. I think Lexie is good for Mark its just going to be hard to watch Mark not be like the "old" Mark anymore. That was always kind of funny. Also, Cristina and Owen, I don't know where their relationship is headed it seems like they are constantly going to be on again,off again. Hope it all works out.
  • i love this show. this show was a lot of drama. that good Miranda visit her father. lexie and mark should date cause they like each other. Meredith and derek should get marry. they should just quit fighting. Dont let anyone died in the show like george.

Izzie and alex should get marry and have kids. Christina should go back out there and date again. theres a lot of new people on the show. Help each other in the hositpal. meredith and Lexie should get a long cause u too r half sister. Meredith just give lexie a break, she is trying to help u too get along and stop fight. Miranda can give the interns a break, they r trying to help the people in the hositpal. the interns should figure the things out on there own like alex, meredith, izzie, and christina. get a long
  • Favorite

This is my favortie show, I have watched every episode there is. Meredith is my favorite person on the show I love the way they are playing everything out with her and Derick. I also like Yang and Hunt I think that is going to be very interesting how that plays out with the Teddy! I love Bailey she is so crazy I don't know what the show would do without her. I was a little surprised about the whole Izzie and Alex thing but so far so good. Then there is Lexi I love the way they put her with Mark I mean Derick's best freind and meredith's sister crazy but funny! I love this show!
  • Brilliant television.

Grey's anatomy is a series about doctors trying to succeed in a competitive field,struggling to find love and facing their own personal demons.The characters are all inspiring and relatable and the storylines are interesting and well-written.
    One of the many things i like about grey's anatomy is the interaction between the characters,especially meredith-christina,callie-mark and alex-izzie.Furthermore,i love all meredith narrations at the beggining and ending of each episode that are always superb.
    My only complaint about grey's anatomy is the huge cast in the last two seasons that get more air time than the original characters.it should focus more on meredith and derek who don't get a lot of attention this season.
    my favorite season is season 3 which had so many wonderful episodes like meredith drowning and the season finale with christina and burke's wedding.
    my second favorite season is season 2 which also had some brilliant episodes like the bomb episode or the season finale with denny's death.
    then is season 5 with izzie's cancer and the breathtaking season finale.
    after season 5, is season 1 with the meredith-derek meeting and the arrival of addison.
    Then is season 4 with great storylines like the ambulance accident and the season finale.
    Last is season 6 because it was a weak season except for the flashback episode,the massive tumor episode and one of the best episodes of Grey's,the exceptional and thrilling finale which doesn't make up for the rest of the season.Heigl's absence was another reason for my diskling the season.
    All in all,Grey's Anatomy is one of the most awesome shows on television that everyone should watch.it should continue for a lot more years.
  • 'Grey' killer ends the season

After watching this season's finale, I have to say that it was one of the most intense and suspenseful finales the show has ever had.

Of course, they did it in typical Grey's fashion where some crucial characters had near-death experiences or were killed off the show. But this time, death came at the hands of a vengeful Mr. Clark, whose wife was quickly terminated by the doctors when she was determined to be brain dead. Death on the show is usually uncontrollable and unavoidable, but this was one of the few times that it was controlled, and that it was avoidable.

Let me start off by saying that it was a pretty good way to kill off secondary characters that they didn't need anymore from Mercy West. Gone are Reed and Charles, and if you asked me, they should've gotten rid of April, too. Almost dead are Alex, Owen, and of course, Derek. At the beginning when Mr. Clark had run into Reed asking for directions, I was definitely not expecting her to be shot point blank. A few seconds later, Alex was shot and the stage was set for the rest of the night.

The most suspenseful part of the night was...

Read on at http://www.sharonfong.com
  • Wow. Just wow.

I freakin' adore this show. Grey's made me laugh and cry at the same time. Yes, it is kinda dull because of the confusing relationships they have. (come on! soon, it will be very confusing who dated who first before who dated who)

But the story, how the story progresses, the sad and inspiring medical stories.... who wouldn't love this show. Seriously, after watching this for a long time, I just wanna be a surgeon when I grow up. Haha! The only bad thing about this show is that they killed Izzie and George... the best characters of GA. I just loved them and when they died, gah... I almost stopped watching this. And Meredith is kinda annoying. Haha!

Worth the watch? DEFINITELY.;
  • Couldn't ask for a better medical drama

When Grey's Anatomy first came out, all of my friends were crazy about it. I, at the time, did not even want to bother watching it because I was so in love with House. I did not start watching Grey's Anatomy until 2 years ago, and ever since then I have become hooked. It is a perfect balance of medicine and drama, with something for everyone. I admit there were times where I was left scratching my head, but this show really has it all. I have laughed, cried, and experienced nearly every other emotion because of this show. I agree with the other reviewers who have said that the Izzie situation was too prolonged, I completely agree. However, that doesn't diminish the excellency of this show in my mind.
  • to be honest its better than er its a awesome medical show i love it!

the finale was amazing and cant wait to see the new season and hopefully mandy moore comes back she did an amazing job this show is the best and hope it goes for a long time! love how its based in seattle its addictive hoping everything works out with derek and meretidth and hoping they have a new little bundle of joy this season that would be great hope the characters do alright after what happened last season cant live without this show its really great they are all quirky and fun great family show in my opinion i recommend it to anyone :) its better than er i must say!
  • Lexi

I do not like how they have made her in the new season of grey's anatomy. It's like her friends are waiting for her to screw up and be sent to the phsyc ward again.

I know she went through a rough time after her and mark spilt up months before the shooting and she was going out with karev. Then he had to get shot I think almost losing him was a bit much for her to bear and she is a sensitive girl. I like but the way they have made her look in the first two episodes It made her look like she wasn't able to do her job and everyone was just wait for her to stuff up.

bring back her blonde hair she looks good as a blonde!!!!!!!!!
  • This is my FAVORITE show!!!

I lovvvve this show. Grey's is the best! That's all I wanted to say. i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i( way to publish it!) i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i
  • Quite possibly the best show ever on Television.

Though I too have my favorite classic TV shows with their endearing time-honored characters, nothing can quite compare with the all-around brilliance of this show.

It all starts with the extreme care given to crafting the scripts. The characters are given room to grow as people while still maintaining their integrity as the same characters we have gotten to know and love. Improbable situations occur and are dealt with in a very human nature, which grounds the audience and allows them to be transported to the reality of Seattle Grace/Mercy West. But perhaps most importantly, the timing of the show is superb; we, as an audience, are made to feel frustrated, annoyed, depressed, giddy, jovial and any other range of emotion you can imagine, but we are never allowed to get complacent in the good times or become detached through the bad times. The writers are able to anticipate the audience's patience with a character or storyline, and have never pushed the audience so far as to alienate them.

But the writing alone can't sustain the show or draw us so deeply into the world it creates; that is the job of the actors. Every actor on the show is brilliant. They show great complexity in their ability to express emotions without overacting or down-playing the scene, which is especially impressive under the constraint of regularly having everything but their eyes covered with surgical masks. The actors bring the characters so fully to life that as you watch the show the line between reality and fiction blurs and you are left living in their world with them.

Finally, you can't fully describe "Grey's Anatomy" without mentioning the fantastic songs the show incorporates. They truly complete the emotional journey we have been taken on.

All in all "Grey's Anatomy" is a stand-alone show however you look at it.
  • April: I missed a little step, one simple step. When we follow the protocols we don't skip steps. People live, simple as that. You know you're right. I probably won't be chief resident, but the checklists work. You can't tell me they don't.

Alex has really stepped up and is really great with kids even though he down places it. He'd be really great in pediatrics. I hope Arizona can help him get his job in Africa back. And, with everyone stepping on everyone else for chief who does that leave, but April and her list?

If everyone's supposed to stick with what they are excellent at... Owen: "It's what you are, just be excellent at what you are." then Owen should should choose Christina as the next Chief. She's ambitious, she saved Derrick's life under hostile conditions, she not learning anything from Teddy that she didn't already know.
    grey's anatomy is an really great drama series one of abc's best shows in my opinion. It is worth watching without a question and i would recommend it to anyone who wants to start watching a new show. it is a very good choice especially if someone likes medical cases but romance as the main character of the show. the writers have managed to combine the patient's cases with the doctor's personal lives with great success. However in my opinion the best seasons were 2 and three and the latest one 7 even though was out of track at first is back in the game after the success of the 6th season.
  • Patrick Dempsey is Over Rated

In the first two seasons we really couldn't help but love this show. Unfortunately it has grown silly and boorish.
    I had the opportunity to meet Patrick Dempsey in person and was very let down.
    During the writers strike his hair was grown out and he was wearing sun glasses in the most unlikely place. Much more handsome in person by the way... When I didn't recognize him and asked him his name he appeared surprised, then for the rest of the day he snubbed me. Celebs complain about being bothered by fans constantly: but suddenly when they aren't recognized they get very upset.
    His personal attitude was a huge disappointment.
    We can now refer to him as MC Dusty.
  • Christina proudly practices insubordination, Derek has a massive hissy fit, Alex likes "guys," and Meredith becomes yet more unimportant as her winy supporting characters awkwardly throw themselves at the camera.

3.5
    Firstly, what is with Bailey's flashy new hair style? What's with the Alex/Meredith my-guy/your-guy stupidness? It is utterly out of character, and Alex had a role in the storyline solely because he banged Addison a few seasons back - but that doesn't mean he should randomly be her lapdog. I found it disturbed that Derek's patient was ALWAYS wearing make-up, whether or not she was in surgery. Her husbands remark of "save her, we can always make another baby," was strangely undeliberated, insensitive, unhesitant, and lacked any of the character development that would require such an opinion/commitment. Addison's trigger-happy "Dammit, I have to remove the baby!" was redundant, the childish yelling, and Derek's hissy-fit was all just very, very odd. Christina's rude, strange, know-it-all storyline was random, as was the old surgeon (her strange shrieking), and their demands that she retire (especially Owen's. Seriously, it was all just too random and forward of them).
    I'm sorry peoples, but this episode was weak. I personally thought it looked frighteningly like Private Practice.
  • Dr. Torres relieved that the arm circulation was restored and said Thank god.

Love it but did not appreciate that the script included the subtitle "Thank god" NO CAP on GOD...... what is that all about? God is a name, since when do we not capitalize names? It stuck out to me more than the scene itself. Who does that? Whose decision is it to not capitalize the name of God? I never understood why someone takes the time to write God into a script as a slang term associated with the word damn and now you use His name appropriately as if giving thanks for an operation well done and don't bother to refer to Him as a person but more like a thing.
  • The start is a bit shaky and the script is way too predictable...

6.4
    First question: Why make an ensomble cast if only 1 person ever gets what they want??
    I know the show is named after her, but does she always have to know the right thing to say, get the good operations??
    And it's somewhat annoying how she seems to know more then the experienced doctors.

Second beef, is Izzy. I love her charecter and she is gorgous. But never gets put in make-up, cause lets face it, she would out shine Merideth! But come-on, it's a little too obvious!!!

There is hope though, just requires less formula and Merideth always saving the day!!
  • Not bad

I was pleasantly surprised by season one of Grey's Anatomy. I'll admit I hated it at first but it grew on me and I ended up really liking it. It has a convinent time slot that doesn't conflict with anything else I watch and Sandra Oh is a great actress. The writing is good but I could do without the constant narration by Meridith Grey. We don't really need her deep thoughts on everything. The best hospital drama on right now, even topping ER.
  • Seems like a very bad ER for younger demographics

and why is that? because the lead actress looks like the mom of her \"peers\". I know there may be interns her age in a hospital, but she looks at least 40, even when she\'s in her early thirties.

To me that ruins the whole experience, although the rest of the cast is very good, the plots are weak and very predictable
  • Excellent show. Loved the first Season.. cant wait for season 2...

Finally, a good drama.

This has to be my favourite medical show of all time.

It brings more of a real life sort of view to being a doctor.

I like how the interns face real-life issues as well as those presented on the operating table. This show makes me laugh & cry... almost at the same time!

Meredth, the main character is very well cast i believe.
  • If it were funny, and had better actors and writing, it could be Scrubs. Instead, it is just a 3 years late, dramatic version of Scrubs.

0.5
    When I saw previews for this, I was appaled. I saw exactly what watching the first few episodes confirmed. If you took scrubs and removed the humor, you would have a drama called Grey's Anatomy.

Sadly, it was even worse than I had predicted. The cast is laughable, and the writing is so bad it is kinda funny. The plot is terrible, the setting is overused, and really, the timing couldn't be worse.

Trying to fill a void that ER did for many people, and trying to come in on the success of younger, newer doctors, like Scrubs, and of course trying to be that next medical show that works...with many failed like Medical Investigation, this show is nothing more than a calculated media hitter.

Sadly it worked in terms of ratings, replacing a far better show in the same timeslot, Boston Legal.

Don't feed the formula spewing directors and networks. Let them make a nother dozen crappy medical shows, but certainly let this one go with them, it certainly deserves it.
  • Grey's Anatomy is a hospital drama series made for humor.

Actually I loved this show at the beginning. We loved the Derek and Meredith roller-coaster ride with each other and when the officially came together we held our hands tightly and hope that they would kiss at the end of their first date. There was one problem though 'his wife showed up' and reality stepped in. If you were like me you stood up and shouted at the screen wondering how the first series could end so abruptly and wondering how could Derek, you know, Mc. Dreamy ever be married and carry on that love affair with Meredith. Then we met Addison and even though we wanted to hate her, we fell for her occasional jokes and calm way about her. We learnt about her affair with Mark and got past it, and lived with Dr. Shepherd's occasional hurtful words towards an often forgiving Addison. His over boastful, egotistical placed its uproar on screen. He juggled two hearts on screen and slowly the show plummeted. Addison was horribly treated by her husband and to imagine if she had not gone to Seattle, he would still be married hooking up with Meredith not even having the decency to out when all odds were against him. Reality steps in and Addison is gone and slowly Grey's Anatomy lost the appeal they once had. We formed connections with each character, although I seemed to have loved Addison the most. Grey's Anatomy does not glue me to the screen as it did in the first two seasons. I dislike most of the characters now, since I felt the only reason I watched the end of Season two was because of Addison. Don't really tune into the show anymore, everything is like a soap opera, which seems too redundant for my appeal.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10