Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 In Season

Joker00303

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews page 8 of 40

• It my personal favourite show on television.

I began watching it on a whim...I was bored, it was on, i was hooked; that simple. This show mixes romance, drama and comedy, with an intense focus on relationships, the individual and working in a field of medicine. Grey's Anatomy has been given all the attention it requires as you can't seem to fault it. As the seasons have progressed, so to have the characters involved. Growth of the main cast is central to all storylines - the sheer intensity of what each individual has gone through together and on their own, makes this show real for audiences, allows them to connect with different personalities, that makes watching Grey's, like keeping up with your family. Creator Shonda and her crew have no limits, they write fantastic episodes that have and will capture the hearts of old and new viewers alike.
  • Love it!

I'm a huge fan of medical dramas and originally I really didn't see how this show could differ itself from any other average medical show. I got hooked in the first five minutes and I've been watching ever since. Now that ER is sort of past its prime Grey's Anatomy can easy claim the title as the best medical drama on television.What really differs the show from any other medical show I've seen is the character development. The character development helped keep me interested and I felt I got to know Meredith and the other interns. I also got a feel for the hardships being an intern is and how much work goes into becoming a doctor. You also get a feeling of connection with the interns because of how much we find out about them. Dr. Shepherd, Dr. Bailey, and Dr. Burke help them along the way and offer some good advice. It's very informative and I've learned a few things watching it.Overall I think Grey's Anatomy is one of the best and most addictive shows on TV right now.
  • The best show I've ever seen.

Grey's Anatomy is a great show that mixes drama and comedy in a very intersting way. I'm often laughing or wanting to cry. It is about some surgeons at Seattle Grace Hospital - I love following the dramas and the gossips inside there. The characters have to manage living their personal lifes and their responsabilities as doctors. I love following the problems and the funny situations they get themselves in. I love the Mcmoments, Lexie with Sloan, Izzie with Alex (enough of Danny) and the friendship between Mer and Cristina. The cases are very creatives and some are quite touching. What just make the show even better.
  • This show is absoultely hilarious and is dramatic and romantic at the same time! Genius!

This show is fantastic. The writers have made it absolutely hilarious, and unlike any other medical drama. This show makes me laugh, cry and it breaks my heart. Sometimes I'm hanging off the edge of my seat to see what happens.
    The relationships are so realistic, and so is the humour. And who can forget all the inspirational speeches!

Although it tends to lean more towards focusing on relationships, sexual and friendships, it also has some very realistic medical scenes to give it that extra touch of medical drama.
    Fantastic casting, and great characters faced with what are mainly everyday decisions.

Overall a great show, if you haven't seen it, watch it now! :P
  • I love the show! Patrick and Katherine are the main reason I started watching but after the first episode I was hooked. I love the drama,love,and comedy. It gets better each episode. :) I even cry watching episodes. They make it all so real....

I love Grey's Anatomy! Its my favorite show right now. I've been watching from the beginning and have never been disappointed.

Grey's has an AMAZING Cast, and Writing team. Every Actor brings something special to the show. I love all the characters.

I love that the show's not just about Medical stuff. It's also about the characters love lives, their family and everything they go through outside the hospital.

I like the fact that the characters are like people in the real world. They all have their own problems to work through and all have some flaws. What I really love though is the MC thing,Couples,and Comedy. Its the BEST! :)
  • This show sucks eggs. XP Sinky egg old eggs. hate hate hate oh did I metion that I hate this show. XD ps I would've gave it a zero, but this will do. XDDD

It sucks eggs I sinks I don't even now how people like this show it makes no sense it's totally fake really I saw my mom after she got her glad bladder out and she wasn't happy or cheeper even the next day she wasn't! It sucks It sucks and it sucks I hate it soooooooooo much! Why do they even have it on t.v? Serious guys it's fake unbelivable fake I wish for it to just burn and go away back were it belongs XD Which is no where. XDDDD It sinks, it sucks what more can I say? execpt that it sucks eggs. XDDD
  • More like Grey's Monotony.

I have tried numerous times to watch this show and work out why so many people watch it and find it so appealing. I can't.

I watched the first few episodes and was a little confused at what it was trying to be...was it trying to be a comedy or a drama? Cause it was failing miserably on both accounts...and then I saw the adverts for it here (Australia) touting it as the "Worlds Most Loved Drama". Now that got a laugh from me, my first.

None of the characters are remotely engaging or appealing and neither are the actors (With the exception of Katherine Heigl who I love. She is doing the best she can with what she is given here.) I was never drawn into the stories and I certainly never connected with anyone or cared what happened to them. When they got hurt, I didn't feel their hurt.

"McDreamy" should be renamed "McSmarmy". I wish someone would smack that smirk right off his face! He has has as much charm as a plank of wood.

All the romances between the characters have as much spark as a wet blanket. I just don't see any chemistry between the actors at all. They really do look like they are acting...and labouring at that.

Maybe my failing to find this show appealing is that I am not a single "20 something" or "30 something" woman.

It baffles me that people watch this insipid show. I really have tried to get into it but it eludes me.

Time to change the channel and watch how a medical drama should be done...go watch "House", you will thank me for it.
  • Grey's anatomy can be funny, sad and many other things. It has had many gripping and fantastic episodes and in my view is still great in its third season!

This is a great show. It focuses on interms which is interesting in it's right. All the characters are different and great to watch, my favourite being christina yang for being so cocky and funny! The relationship between meridith and dereck is always good to watch even now in season 3!

There are some characters who i'm not fans of, them being, Burke, Addison and Callie. two of which are now gone from the programme. I think greys became great after the brill episodes It's the ends of the world and As we know it! These episodes were funny but still were full of suspense and tension.

Also i like the Izzie George thing! Overall i think this show was great from episode one and has had many brilliant moments!
  • Over hyped and over here.

For months I've been reading rave reviews about Grey's Anatomy and hearing friends talk about how 'great' it is. The other night I decided to watch a few episodes and borrowed a friends box set. I was bored five minutes into the show, but I stuck it out thinking 'give it a chance, it's only the first episode.' I watched three more and gave up. As the box set was only the first season and I know the hype didn't start till the end of the first season, I decided to watch a few episodes of the new season that were on TV...I was even more unimpressed. I understand that many people enjoy this show, and I certainly have no intention of critisizing them for that (there are plenty of things I read and watch that other people despise), but I honestly don't get the big deal about this show. It's like a bad soap opera with doctors added to make it more 'intelligent'. My fingers itched to slap the leading character, Meridith Grey and her breathy 'little girl lost' voice. This is a grown woman who seems to refuse to take responsibility for her own life by acting like a spoilt teenager in a relationship, then blaming the man when it all goes worng. The love triangle between 'Dr. MacDreamy' and Chris O'Donnell (Whose character is so insipid I've forgotten his name) made me want to scream at her 'cop on! you're a grown woman!' I will admit that the story line in which she deals with her mother's alzemiers is interesting, and I would like to have seen more of that. The Izzy character is another ridiculous female character, who's unrealistic 'love at first sight' moment with Denny the heart patient made me throw my eyes up to heaven. If it weren't for the wonderful Christina Yang and the fabulous Miranda Bailey, I would be thinking that the writers were all men who didn't understand woman (Incidentally, can I just say that I'm gob smacked that Sandra Oh has gone from Sideways...to this?!!)

I've never felt so let down by a show's hype before, and I'm sorry I wasted several hours of my time watching this. Honestly, I'm shocked that the show is so popular and even more shocked that it beats CSI in the ratings most weeks. Each episode I watched had the same bad plotlines and over blown romantic dramas that are present in EVERY soap opera on TV. The characters of Dr. Bailey and Christina Yang were the only saving graces in this show for me, and I felt that more time spent developing their characters and less time spent on the irritating Meridith Grey could improve things. I also felt that a little more gritty hospital realism (everything is so white here, no hospital I know is that clean!) and less of the over blown romantic dramas would help to make this a passable drama. But as it stands, all I can say is "yawn. Please turn the channel."
  • Should be classified as a soap opera, not a drama. I gave it a 2 only because it started somewhat nice.

With all the **** and childish behavior that goes on in this show anyone would expect it to be set in college, not in a hospital. With a great name like 'Grays Anatomy', one would expect a high premise of medical situations, procedures and indeed, the feelings of the doctors and patients within the hospital. We get none of this. Instead we get a bunch of grown adults acting like children. This is ( and should be classified as) a soap opera, not a "medical drama" as the network would have us believe.

However, I am aware that some people enjoy petty squabbling between stereotypically pretty people pretending to be doctors by wearing white coats and steamy "will they wont they" situations arising between interns and residents. This show has all of that, with none of the complicated (or realistic) medical or hospital business to get in the way of a "good" juicy storyline.

It really does seem out of place being set in a hospital. The characters don't act or speak like doctors and the hospital is just a backdrop for their petty squabbles or torrid love affairs.

This show is saved ONLY by fairly decent acting from the main cast. However, I will add that none of them have any extremely notable charisma, they are just decent actors.

If you want to see a good medical drama with real human emotions, comedy, love, friendship, etc...I suggest SCRUBS or BODIES. They're a millions times better. Or if you want some real medical drama, you can try E.R. Even in its last season it is better than this.
  • One of the best telvision shows in history.

Merideth Grey is a girl who really wants to be a surgeon, but is not sure anymore as soon as she arrives at Seatle Grace Hospital. Merideth is an intern, along with Cristins Yang, Alex Corev, George O'Malley, Izzie Stevens, and a lot of others that you don't get to know in the show. But, there are a lot of other stressful things Merideth has to deal with. There are so many surgeons, including Dr. Miranda Bailey, the resident in charge. She's called the Nazi but at first everyone expects her to be more like a nazi Oh, and let's no forget Dr.Shepard. Through the whole first season Merideth an Derek Sheperd were going out, until the season finale where Addison, Derek's wife, showed up, and Merideth left Derek. And there are so many surgical cases that I can't tell you about, so this is where I leave off.
  • What Was That? Its not a medical drama its just another ordinary drama.

6.4
    I have never seen such a predictable , boring ,lovey dovey show. I mean if you like this show rent some turkish made movies you will love them. Every season finally merediths life will get complicated more and more and another friends love life will get f*cked up. A simple love story turns complicated and loved ones cant reach other

I mean this is a medical drama? I dont think so! All I can see is a load of drama but not enough medical scenes.

Its childish unrealisticly pessimistic. and moreover ridiculous!

I dont like this show at all and I advise you;
    please change the channel!
  • I do not have really any words for this show?

4.6
    I really think this show should end. It does not make any sense. And It makes the people in the medical profession look really bad. I am nurse and it makes me really upset when I watch this show. It was really hard to get 100 words to review this. I think it was one of the worst shows I have ever sat through. Besides the Office. I just think this programming is going from bad to worse. It is better background sound when you are going to sleep. I hope these writers know the people who is watching these shows are older than 25.
  • what can i say about grey's anatomy?

maybe im not the most objective person in the world and maybe im over attached to it.
    but the main thing that i can say about this show is that i love it.
    from the very first episode..or more correctly, from the very first second i watched it- i loved it.

the plot, the open\voice over's, the actors, the comedy , the drama..
    i know that any people hate it but i really see the magic in this show..how most of the charactars are so "dark and twisty"

i just think that its a really special series that ill never forget because i learnd so much fro watching it..if about medicine or life

i can easily say its my favorite because im really picky abouy shows and its kinda the only show i really like and it makes me so happy and sad at the same time.

shonda, thanks for creating this amazing show that really touched my heart!!!!
  • The best show on EARTH i love it more than anything.

This show is real. The best show on earth, if you've never seen it and you just wach one episode you'll fall in love . This show has made me cry laugh rejoice this show has cheered me up when i was sad. I'd goive Grey's anatomy 10 billion/10 if i could ,beacause it'sa perfect. I cant once think of a time when i've seen an episode of this show and wanted it to be over , i actually get sad when the episode ends. Watch this show it['s funny ,and real ,and everything a series needs to be perfect.
  • Gotta love Grey's...

Perfect blend of comedy, drama, and medicine!

"Grey's Anatomy" always pulls out all the stops in medicine, relationships, drama, etc. and I've loved it ever since Season 1. Regardless of all the changes at work (including the departure of Addison, Burke, Hahn, and the introduction of new characters), the show still remains strong and reminds us that things and people in life do change and not everyone will always be there or be a constant. Props to "Grey's Anatomy" for staying strong throughout five seasons so far. Here's to a couple more before the show will come to an end!
  • Just keeps growing older and getting better.

I know that there are a lot of people frustrated with the way this show has moved in the last few seasons, but I for one love it. Denny's ghost? Check. Faye Dunaway? Check. Eric Stoltz as the serial killer? Double Check.

Shonda Rhimes has a way with language that borders on poetic, and although she doesn't always give the people what they want, the last few years she's given me hours of entertainment.

I enjoy NOT knowing what will happen next, getting frustrated at the lack of Mer/Der, wondering if George will ever come back. It keeps me on my toes!

I've even started liking Private Practice, but it's not ripe enough for me to really dig into. Grey's is like an old friend- frustrating, lovely, fun and cozy. Even when it's not!
  • Getting Used to my friends

OK I don't know what it is but the combination of characters is comforting so I look forward to watching it. Plus they nail certain relationship scenarios and the mix of humor with life is pretty good. So there I was watching it and digging it. And looking forward to it. The cast has a good dynamic so how do they do that? Is it the producer? For sure the dialogue is good. But the rest is chemistry and wonder if its luck or do they know it's gonna happen when they start? Anyway...it's good solid standby and I dig it.
  • Grey's Anatomy explores the lives of first-year interns (okay, now residents) and their relationships.

Grey's Anatomy is a medical drama, not totally original, but still a fun show to watch. The first and second seasons are the best - they bring storylines which are fun to watch, patients you love (or love to hate) and relationships that are perfect to watch, such as Alex and Izzie and Meredith and Derek. Season 3 started off great, but went downhill with the introduction of Ava (aka Rebecca Pope), and Alex fell in love with her. I don't really like that character, although I think actress is good, and then they get rid of Burke! I know, I know, he was arrogant in real life, but still. Characters you loved, such as Cristina and Izzie have gotten so stupid that it's annoying, and characters like Lexie are getting on my nerves. I hope Grey's Anatomy can recapture some of the great spirit it had in it's first two seasons and bring some of that back into the show.
  • Amazing episode

Despite what most people say about Grey's, this season is getting better as the episodes go by.
    This one was absolutely mind blowing, specially the Derek/Meredith/Adisson scenes. The last 4 episodes were great, but I've got to say, I think this one is probably my favourite so far.

Bailey's hair was adorable.
    I hope Callie and Arizona get together soon because they make a nice couple. (At first I thought what they did with Erica was a wrong choice for the show, but now I see it differently).
    Dr. Hunt and Cristina still hot.
    And Izzie storyline is a bit sad for me(just because I love her so much), but I find it very interesting how it develops every week.
  • Fabulous show...

Grey's anatomy is one of the best series I've seen.
    It is weird to see a drama-mix-with-comedy show, and actually be both. Sure there's great dramas or commedies but greys writer manage to do it in a very realistic way.
    Beside the medical cases (wich of course have to be interesting), we get to see the characters real life, their troubles and how they make it through. That mix with the hilarious quotes and situations, they get involved every day is simply catchy and addictive.

Like every other show, greys has its ups and downs, but the writers always manage to make it back.

I hope they dont lose it, cause we have a show on its way to become a classic of tv series.
  • Great show!

I absolutely love this show. It's a great mix of drama and comedy! I love following all the problems and funny happenings of each character at Seattle Grace, and I'm often laughing or wanting to cry.

The stories of the patients, too, are very captivating. The recent one of the murderer on death row had me very interested. And then, when he wanted to give his organs to the little boy, I was seriously ready to scream, "Just let him do it, already!"

The drama at the hospital is great. The secrets are fun to follow.

Overall, I absolutely love this show!
  • Story of five interns and their relationships between themselves and their residents and the Chief of Surgery.

The show is extraordinarily great it's all about the lives of five interns:Meredith Grey(Ellen Pompoe),the protagonist,Izzie Stephens(Katherine Heigl,)the one who's always considerate,Alex Karev(Justin Chambers),the secret lover,Cristina Yang(Sandra Oh),the competitor and George. about their live in the hospital,trying to adjust their social lives with their personal lives.Trying to adjust their different relationships and some of them actually dated their residents.Their residents are also connected with their lives like their own resident Dr Bailey(Chandra Wilson) whom they refer to as the Nazi.More drama included in the show with the love triangle between Derek Shepherd(Patrick Dempsey),Addison Shepherd(Kate Walsh) and Meredith.Also with the appearance of Meredith's step-sister Lexie.
  • The storyline touched on almost every character, less humour this time but so much more depth to the characters.

This was the reason I started watching in the first place. The whole Meredith/Christina thing has been getting old but this really ws the was to break it. Derek showed so much strength and Meredith took a stand. I even liked the broken "bone" storyline, it lightened the episode in the right places. Bailey was incredible. I was jumping off my seat when Izzie finally got why she was seeing a dead man. As the episode ended I wanted to rewatch it immediately. It was one of the great episodes - along with the one where Meredith was holding the bomb inside the guys stomach. Excellent
  • Amazing show, Amazing characters, Amazing storylines. its just amazing! have watched it since the start and will watch it til the end.

This is the best show on TV lately if i'm honest. season one was great, a little short but full of great plots and a lot of fun to watch, i liked the whole addison thing it made MerDer realise how perfect they are for each other which was nice. The second season was a great follow up, with many tearjerkers for me anyway. i generally loved season three it had more comedy for me, and i liked the fact there was more episodes filled with even more Mcmoments, emotion and plenty of weird and wonderful story ideas. Season four had alot to live up to after season three was so good, and the writers and the cast did it brilliantly, the fourth season was probably the best yet. As i am in the UK and the fifth season airs on 22nd Jan, i do have very high hopes for it and i hope i'm not let down!

I'd be lost without this show, and in my opinion it doesnt get better than this!
  • I Love This Show To Death Litterally McLoving It All The McWay This Is The Best Show Ever Its So Amazingly Written The Cast Its Just So Great Ellen Pompeo And Patrick Dempsey Are Just Unbelievebly Great And Cant And Wont Stop Talking About This Show Never

This Show Is So Cool If I Got A Dollar For Every Time I Said That I'd Be Rich Litterally I Would Be A Millionare. So If Youre Not Watching This Amazingly Written Show Its Never To Late I Mean Never To Late To Fall In Love With McDreamy And McSteamy And Even McMeredith. Where Can I Watch This Show You Ask Well Ive Go The Answer For You Can Watch It On ABC Thursday's At 9/8ct And You Can Also Watch It On Lifetime Sundays At 10/9ct So Now That You Know What Are You Waiting For Start Watching It. Season's 1-4 Available On DVD. Season 4 Is Available For Blu-Ray As Well.
  • the best show on tv for years

I get to watch Greys Anatomy in Spain, but lucky for me in English, I love it, we get to see series 5 on the 22nd January, cant wait, Meredith and Dereck are my favourite actors I am always more intrested in them than the others, saying that I enjoy all of them but they just stand out, I hope the series goes on for years, I am still hooked on Friends, but of course this is different, so please keep it going, I think its sad that George is leaving his cute. Thank you for entertaing me.
  • i really dont understand what the heck is going on with this show!

in season one and two, it was my guilty pleasure, and i had fallen completely in love with it. my favourite characters were izzie, george and bailey.

but season 3.. izzie kind of goes sort of pathetic, but you still love her and then the whole thing with izzie and george's relationship, how he cheated on his wife for her and then they break up within a week.. how pathetic. i was glad katie heigl won that emmy though.

but season 4. has been utterly pathetic. not only do they completely ignore their interns, the poor interns get no air time and no hands on experience- leading them to figure out things on their own- which of course gets them in trouble with the chief.. but do the doctors get in trouble... nope.. only cristina. its pathetic. they are crappy teachers to their interns, and all they care about is their sex lives. and izzie with denny is just friggin disturbing and kind of makes me gag bc hello.. hes dead. tptb are seriously making me gag this season. i'd rather watch reruns of veronica mars on cosmo than watch new episodes of this show. sad.
  • I've been watching since day one and I get more into it as each season progresses.

I love that Shonda has kept the characters progressing in the way they deal with their relationships and in their professional lives. I also enjoy that when she has a story idea that she does it no matter how popular or unpopular it could be. I think thats what makes creative writers successful. Shonda gets a lot of grief over her storylines sometimes but its keeping a lot of people watching and its making everybody talk about the show. I say BRAVO Shonda and keep doing what you do because no matter how wacky the stories can be I watch TV show for entertainment and not the reality factor. I love that she can get me so deep into the show that I forget what's going on around me
  • Follows Meredith Grey surgeon in training with her other fellow doctors in training. It follows there relationships and how it effects there work. IT is filled with interesting surgeries a mirror to Houses diagnostic portion of medicine.

The show has many different aspects too it that make it entertaining to all sorts. For me its the surgeries and i enjoy the soundtrack. The side i tend to find OK but not amazing is the relationships they were OK in the first season but dragged on and on and now one of them is shacked up with a supposed ghost. But ignoring the necrophilia the newest season is still as good as the last but does not feel like it is going anywhere unless it was a show just about interesting surgeries each episode but its about drama and it seems to have loads of that no matter how much it feels like desperate attempts. Other than ghost girl becoming more annoying shes already stumbling and just goes for the gold of stupidity. But overall this show is great and has potential to be great or at least interesting surgeries. So i will recommend this to anyone who is interested in medicine, anyone interested in crazy people interacting with other crazies.
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12