Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 Returning Fall 2017

Joker00303

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews (1270)

• Greys characters getting too cocky.

I agree with other posts, this show has declined. Meredith is so self-righteous, the back and forth mess with Riggs makes him a hoppin' puppet. Weber's wife is not needed, such a smart ass; Jackson and April thing getting old. Jesse Williams' real life is self destructing and now that we've heard him spew words of hate toward white people makes me wonder why I still tune in to ABC at all. Celebrity rights of passage of being politically incorrect is irritating. What's happened to The View with all the cumulative un-American statements they share day after day. ABC, dispose of those two please.

The season finale lent some worthwhile story lines to look forward to. However, once again Meredith's gears are churning and suddenly go into practicality mode. She is very predictable. And then we have lunatic Amelia who could drive the kindness right out of Owen. I miss Callie, please come back.

• Where are the children?

Grey's makes a big deal about characters like Meredith and Arizona being mothers, yet their children never appear on the show. Meredith supposedly has three children and is a single parent, so why the h*** isn't she constantly parenting when she is not working? Instead, she is off talking to Alex, Maggie, or Riggs. If the show is going to make such a big deal about how she is a supermom, who can do it all, then shouldn't the show actually show her "doing it all"? I like this show overall, but why are there always so many African-American doctors? In the overall American population, there is about 10 percent African-Americans and in real hospitals there is a smaller percentage of doctors who are Black. But at Grey's there is 60 percent Black doctors and 40 percent White doctors. That is so unrealistic. I know this is fiction and not a documentary, but this is not science fiction. Let's try to keep it real.
  • OR messed up S13Ep24

OMG, I know there was a fire, but if Meredith is a surgeon she would at least do an antiseptic "hand splash" before gloving to assist surgery, & she sure WOULD NOT adjust her mask with her sterile gloves. I'm still cringing. And maybe Edwards should do CPR over her patient's heart, not her right lung. Very distracting ! Time for a new medical program consultant.
  • Change or cancel

Grey's Anatomy was a great show what has happen? Are u trying to get it took off the schedule.

Please change characters, or add some better characters, the actors are terrible.

Jo is a beautiful girl but cannot act, please replace. Then u got Maggie, she's cute, but is a terrible actress also. Then there Deluca, not cute and cannot act. Wake up and put some effort in or take off the air.

I have noticed a lot of fans giving up on this show, I don't want to give up but feel it's wasting my time also. JoJo, Maggie, Deluca,and this season's Writer all needed replaced ASAP.

• What is happening?

I have watched all of the episodes of Grey's Anatomy a couple of times and it is definitely one of my favorite shows ever! That being said, I'm not sure what the writers are doing this season. Watching it, I feel like they have an idea and then go with it but get lost half way through. Example: Alex/Jo, Minnick/Weber situation, I'm just not as excited as I used to be watching this show. The only exciting part for me is Japril. Sarah Drew and Jesse Williams are both amazing actors and they had the best story line this entire 13th season.
  • March 23,2017

The story line is so dull. I think Shondra is busy with other shows, assuming her loyal fans will put up with this snooze fest. The actors must feel the same way. Ugh I use to look forward to Thursday.
  • One show away of being DONE with Grey's Anatomy

I have watched Grey's Anatomy since the very beginning and have loved it until now! I am NOT enjoying it anymore. Bringing in Minick (or whatever her name is!) was alright at first but she is still there, which is destroying the show for me. Seriously, Richard's wife and long time friend (Bailey) have thrown him under the bus. Stupid writing. Who is writing this show now? It used to be so exciting to watch each week, I'm almost finished watching Grey's. If the writer's continue to demoralize the best characters on this show, I'm out!
  • Season 11 episode 21

Spoiler Alert!

Grey's Anatomy

Fresh out of medical school five students are trying to prove what it takes to be a surgeon, what could go wrong right? There are certain television shows that really stand out to people. For me, the one that has really stood out is Grey's Anatomy. Grey's Anatomy is one of those shows you can easily get hooked on. There have been many great episodes throughout the thirteen seasons with some that keep you guessing until the end. Grey's Anatomy is a top choice among viewers across America because of the great acting and the show as a whole. There has been one episode in particular that has stood out to me: this would be from season eleven, episode twenty-one titled "How to Save a This episode shows what Grey's Anatomy is all about when being faced with a horribly sad situation, it brings people closer together.

Grey's Anatomy is a jaw-dropping series that has been around for thirteen seasons. Throughout the course of the entire show Shonda Rhimes, the producer, has been very good at keeping the attention and the interest of the viewers for every single season. Rhimes is very good at giving viewers that cliffhanger episode for the season finale. There have been many moments throughout these thirteen seasons that have been tragic such as shootings in the hospital, plane crashes that involved main characters, and other tragedies that have erupted. Grey's Anatomy is focused on five surgical residents, and their journeys to becoming surgeons at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital. Along the course of the show, those five residents had tragic accidents happen to them or they decided to pursue something different and left. Meredith Grey would be considered the main character of the show.

"How to save a life" is one of those episodes that viewers can relate to. This is a very heartbreaking episode for viewers that have watched the seasons up to this point. There is one particular scene that really tears at your heartstrings. It is hard to witness anyone having to say goodbye to a loved one. Another main character in the show, Derek Shepherd, was in a tragic car accident. Derek was on his way back to Seattle when there was an accident that happened in front of him. He stopped to provide his assistance, and he ended up saving their lives. As a viewer, it is hard to not think something bad is going to happen after he stopped, and was able to save the lives of those involved in the accident. After he left the scene, he was halfway through making the U-turn when he got distracted by his phone vibrating. We hear a horn blaring as a truck blasts into the driver's side door. The viewer could tell that something bad was about to happen by his facial expression. When he looked up he was in a state of fear. I think this was a key part to be included because it gave the viewer a sense of fear themselves.

He was brought to Dillard hospital which was not well equipped to handle these kinds of traumas. This hospital was not classified as a trauma center like Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital is, Dillard is classified as a teaching hospital. The hospital was understaffed, and the doctors there did not have proper training for trauma cases. Derek had bleeding in the brain, but they were more concerned with his bleeding in the abdomen. They refused to do a CT scan on his head which was needed. As a result they were not able to see that he had a head lack. It took the on-call neurosurgeon an hour and a half to get to the hospital, but by this time it was too late. Derek eventually became brain dead.

There has been one scene from this episode that has stuck with me. It is the scene where Derek Shepherd has just been declared brain dead, and it is time for his wife Meredith to say goodbye. Meredith's face says it all, she is in disbelief that this has happened. Meredith was trying hard to stay strong for her kid's sake even though her husband is dying. When she arrived at the hospital Derek was being kept alive on a ventilator, knowing she needed to decide the right time to take him off life support. As the nurse took Meredith into Derek's room she began to pull the blinds, so that it was more private. The nurse tells Meredith, "I'm going to begin One by one she shuts off the monitors that show heartbeats, oxygen levels, and other necessary life-saving devices. As the nurse is going to unhook the ventilator Meredith yells "just wait!", the nurse is confused because she had already signed the papers to end all life-saving measures. Meredith holds Derek's hand and tells him with tears in her eyes, "Derek, it's okay, you go, I'll be fine". The ventilator is then pulled out and Derek takes his final breath. In this scene, Ellen Pompeo (Meredith Grey) does an amazing job acting. She embraces the role of being Derek Shepherd's (Patrick Dempsey) wife. It was heartbreaking to see Meredith saying goodbye to Derek for the last time, and then to have to come out and tell their children what had happened to him. Whenever something bad happens in this show, like a tragic death of one of the characters, they always play a sad song that goes along with it. If you're not crying by the time the song starts playing, you more than likely will be by the end of it. This episode in particular when Meredith is with Derek they play the song "Chasing Cars", which gets your emotions rolling. Playing emotional songs, the producers are able to capture the emotions of viewers, rather than playing an upbeat song during sad moments in the show. Emotional songs are also easier for views to make a connection to.

This episode is what Grey's Anatomy is all about. Throughout the many seasons, there have been a lot of deaths of main characters, so this is nothing new for the doctors in this show. This one was especially hard because, in Grey's Anatomy, Derek is a world class surgeon and is loved by everyone that comes in contact with him. When Meredith came to the hospital to tell everyone of Derek's death, everyone was so supportive and there for each other. Meredith did end up going away for almost a year so that she could cope with her loss, but when she got back everyone was still there for her like she had never left. They would call her to make sure she was okay, but they did not push her to come back before she was ready knowing it would only make her want to stay away longer. The doctors are like family in this show, and even though she was gone they filled her in on what happened while she was away.

The episode "How to Save a Life" stands out because of how relatable it is to many people. It is always hard to say goodbye to a loved one. Grey's Anatomy is a great show all around. This show has amazing acting, and an even better storyline. Even though there are thirteen seasons do not let that scare you. With every season, the show keeps getting better and better. This episode really shows what Grey's Anatomy is all about when they are faced with a sad horrible situation everyone becomes stronger.

• MIXED FEELINGS

I have watched the show from Day 1, and the writing is not that great anymore , I could care less for the character of Jo and Baileys Husband, same with Riggs he is give or take but def don't want to see him with Meredith, Don't care for April since she took over Meredith's position I miss the old bad ass bomb in her hand Meredith that made no apologies and her twisted sister. I don't think it would be bad if she and Karev ended up together but it would have to be set up right and with time that storyline could not be rushed. Please just give viewers good story lines to watch as the quality of this show is heading down
  • Love the show!!!

So sick of Arizona, Joe & Meredith. I'd be seriously glad when they get rid of the three of them. The show is better off.
  • Love/Hate relationship

I am completely in love with Grey's Anatomy! Even though I really wish they would bring back Derek Shepard, Mark Sloan and all of the original characters; I still can't wait for season 13 to realease on Netflix this June!! I know they aren't going to bring back any old characters but it would be so nice to have a flashback episode with everyone in it like Yang and Lexi!
  • This seasons Grey's is boring!

Sondra's script writing has gone to the dogs! What is up? So, far I have not been able to stay focused on any one show, it is so boring!
  • Sooo SNOOOTY..... ugh!

UGH! karev is a great guy!!! Joe is the moran!! I hate everytime she talks!! She is the reason Karev is in what he is in.... BECAUSE OF HER!!! I hate her.... ewww! and Shephard is clearly pregnant... from the clothes, to her face, and the way she dresses.... umm.... Meredith.... ewww! she's getting on my nerves!!! so snooooty!! STOP! Just care about ppl.... afterall, alll these ppl care about you, soo STOP! gross!!! Meredith and Joe...... getting on my nerves.

This show needs some love.... not so much drama from ppl.... just drama from ACTION. The shooting, the drowing, the bombing... exciting.... enough with the He said She said.... ENOUGH!!!
  • Season 13 Episode 1 - So disappointing

Please bring back Sheppard or Christina or agree with many of the previous seasons had better stories and better characters
  • Feels like home

I don't care if i's not as good as the first seasons, if the majority of main characters are gone.... this is still one of my favorite shows ever, even if I miss Cristina as hell!

I don't know why, it just feels like home, and everytime I watch it I feel good.. it's a certainty and i hope it lasts as mush as it can!
  • Callie & Arizona

I absolutely love this show! I haven't stopped watching it since day one! I do think that Callie and Arizona should get back together! They were probably the cutest couple on the show! They NEED to get back together!
  • Greys Anatomy

all of our GODs laws broken, shame, shame, shame!
  • Racist

1.5
    I will never watch this show again as long as you have a racist like Jesse Williams on there and I plan on all my family and friends doing the same.
  • I have been religiously watching for forver!

I think the show to a turn and I don't think it was a bad one. I think bringing in Derek sister Amelia was a great move. Everything else was great I think April and Jackson's dinamic is interesting. Maggie is annoying but that's the point and I think she will really stir things up in season 13. People who are pissed about the past couple seasons just keep watching it will get great in season 13.
  • Great

Great
  • Up to Season 10 great.

I have changed my mind so much on this Review.

Because I loved this show so much. but have finally decided That season 10 is were it finishes for me, with Christina going that's my Ending.

Anything after is a newer version that a lot of people love and enjoy so much, it's just not for me.

I started from the first season again and am binge watching like I never watched the show before, I fell back in love with grays.
  • Loving the show

I love the show
  • Loving Long After His Death

• For the sake of Season 12

I'm already on episode 8 of season 12 and it's not getting better. Why are unlikable characters given big roles at all? Can I just say that until now, Maggie is still annoying. She's such a goody two shoes. And omfg, Penny is the worst. I really can't like her. ( Maybe coz I'm team Calzona since the beginning of time. ) She's so annoying and Arizona is way prettier. I'm only watching season 12 for the sake of Merideth and the music scoring. I can hear a lot of early 2000s hits and ofcourse, .
  • Doctors

Well the way Callie lost custy. I not sure I understand thought both would have it. Arizona getting all is for surprise. She looks pregent. Not sure where the writers are going with this but as a viewer lost me. Never know where things are going but grey is name in the title so why is she not shine more as head surgery cheif or Bailey step down for marriage. Callie was wronged and Aroizona is more of bully. Are we not trying to discordant away from bullying.
  • No Limping

Why is Arizona running around in high heels shoes when one of her legs is a prosthetic?
  • I'm done. (spoilers in here)

I'm just sick and tired of this show. Women sitting around getting drunk, complaining that they haven't had sex in 5 days or jumping into closets to have sex. People meeting someone and then sleeping with them that day, come on. Plus, they can't call each other boyfriend or girlfriend because it's too much. It's just stupid. These people are supposed to be doctors. I'm surprised more people don't die, since all they care about is getting some. What happened to dating someone and getting to know them. I guess I'm one of the few who believes in commitment.

The April and Jackson story is annoying. She is psycho. Most of the others are just sluts. The Callie and Arizona thing is insane. Arizona is a cheater. In real life, no one would give her the kid over the actual birth mother. Now of course this stupid show did give the whore the kid. She is not the mother, Callie is. I'm finally done the writers are totally screwed in the head. Tv is going downhill.
  • Callie and Arizona situation

3.5
    First off let me start off by saying I enjoyed watching this show when it first came out but I fell in love with it when callie and Arizona got together and when Arizona decided to give callie another chance when she cheated on her and slept with a man and got prego, let's not forget that then she and Arizona parented that child with and without mark around. Then their relationship went through just about everything reality relationships go through and callie "couldn't take it" anymore!? #gtf out of here yo!!! This Blake person is ugly AF she just blah in each and every way and I'm pissed how shondra rhimes is just ripping the family apart over this ugly Blake who killed Sheppard!!! I want Blake gone as of yesterday n callie and Arizona can and shall work their mess out, Arizona clearly still have feelings for her and callie is just too damn blind to see it n just stuck on boring Blake who looks like she's a trouble maker and who seems to like how Arizona already lost the love of her life and now on the verge of losing her CHILD!!! I'm bout ready to stop watching this show I hate how shondra rhimes is writing these scripts and deciding Arizona losses everything!!!!! Wtf!? It's bad enough this kind of crap happens in the real world, if u gonna write fiction at least give your audience an happy story/ending because none of the straight actually couples shondra have created broke up Meredith and Derrick was the true til death do us apart, I thought that was cute and sad at the same time! And Alex and Jo is the true I'm not use to this crap but let's figure it out no matter how many tries it take's us, while the other straight couples are too afraid of commenting which is atual normal it's called hopples romantic! But the one lesbian couple she have on the show just don't have no kind of happiness to it!? I'm a lesbian myself and I hate how shondra is writing this script, it reminds me of why a woman with a kid or kids never works out with someone who don't have kids.. Because at the end of the day that person who's been raising the child have no say so n it's just f their feelings and what they've been through and going through!! Poor Arizona I feel for you even though this is a fiction story because I've been through this in real life with someone I've been with for years and after 11 years in it... I got called the kids "God Mom" n I potty trained the baby show him how to walk etc etc... But ever since I went from the other parent to the so called "god mom" I left the whole situation alone and decide to not ever date another woman with child!! I really hope shondra really consider all of the callie and Arizona fans feelings and opinions about all bs she's putting y'all character's through and do some amazing rewriting! But if this is how you gonna keep the show shondra,... My Arizona sad hurt and lost and calllie having her cake and eating it too just cancel the show then ugh... I never approved of Blake being in the show nor being with callie but when that firefighter was flirting with Arizona, I was like f callie and Arizona being together again because for that moment Arizona was happy and felt like she met someone who was on the same page as her and I was honestly looking for her to show up at the hospital someday telling Arizona she broke up with her girl because they wasn't compatible or whatever but it's like Arizona is meant to be purposely unhappy and I'm ready to give up on this show and move on to the next one if this bs is gonna stay like this
  • Get rid of april

Shes so annoying and a major downer to the storyline
  • Emilia

Please, no more Emilia. So much of the show is focused on her and her character is so boring. It's the same thing over and over with her. Please, please, please show more Meridith and Alex, the Chief; the original characters. And Penny, ugh! Callie and Arizone belong together.
SPCTRM