Grey's Anatomy

Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 27, 2005 In Season

Grey's Anatomy Fan Reviews (1218)

• Move on

I think its time to move on and put the show to sleep. The characters are getting old and are acting like a bunch of high school students. Same stuff over and over ... its getting boring.
  • Season 12 ... Yawn

Pluses for Grey's in the early seasons included some excellent music soundtracks and usually at least one standout episode each season. There were some misfires with casting and storylines but overall Grey's made the right choices.

That is no longer true. The dialog has become predictable and characters are irritating rather than interesting.

Season 12 opened with a preachy cartoon character story that did no justice to the issue that it addressed. Time to put this show to sleep.
  • Derek leaving was a huge mistake!

The characters are just there for a paycheck, sorry but I will no longer watch this show!
  • No derek

No Derek in this new season 12, I rather watching the previous season 1 to be 10
  • Still around?

I was kind of surprised seeing that there is another season of this... thing... Now that all interesting characters are gone... Oh well, I assume someone will watch, I shall not.
  • About the series

It has great casting in season 2, acting for Katherine Heigl in season 2 and Loretta Devine in season 7.

So a certain little lady told me that Derek isn't allowed to (if you haven't freaked out about what may or may not happen than don't read this), that he isn't allowed to die because he was McDreamy and Mcsteamy died before him and now both of the Mc's are gone. I'm a McKesson so obviously I have to go on the show, build a time machine and reunite the Mc's now as a trio. Otherwise it's pretty freakin great
  • Season 12 will not be on at my house....

Many people watched this show because of Patrick Dempsey. He is the one that made Meridith somewhat noticeable and brought her up as an actor. Without him, I find her very hard to watch, not to mention annoying. I really tried to like her in the beginning but it just never happened. In fact, I stopped watching when it first premiered because of it. It wasn't until the 11th season that my husband I decided to give it another shot on Netflix. While I ended up liking it, Derek, Sloan and Christina were the reason why. Once Sloan died and Christina left, my interest started fading. Now that Derek is gone, I see no other reason why I should continue into the next season.
  • What did you do to my favourite show?

Every charcter I start to love leaves or dies first George, mark, Christina, and now derick. COMON!!!
  • I still love this show!!!

Yes Derek died!! So did Mark, Lexi, George. Burke, Addison, Izzie, Teddy, Chiristina Left. The show has survived. When each character leaves( or dies) i cry i weep but in the end i still love the show. thats what makes this show so good, it keeps moving forward rather than stuck in rut. When new ppl r added i feel my love for grey grow even though almost all the time it happens it takes me a while to love the new additions(Owen,Arizona, April, Jackson, Jo, Stephanie, Teddy, Amelia.. Am still in the process of loving

• I am devastated

At first Christina left left the show, I suck it up, now with Derek I dont think i can, they were my way he left was brutal, they didn't divoted more than episode for him to die and he didn't deserve to live the show that I've never cried in a film or a show but Grey's Anatomy is the only one that makes me cry :'(
  • Good-Bye Shonda!!!!!!

Grey's MUST END!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope, hope, hope that due to the majority here, that everyone follows through with their words that they do stop watching, hopefully forcing season 12 to come to an end. If Derek isn't coming back ........... the relationship that we ALL pulled for ........ if he is done, fans need to be done. Show killer shonda that she is not all that.
  • Shonda Rhimes It Is Time

After going back and watching old episodes I realized what made me fall in love with this show at the beginning. With that said, this show is absolutely amazing until a certain point. I'd say that point is Yang leaving for some, or the plane crash. Which for me was the plane crash because.. SPOILER ALERT: Mark Sloan died and he was my favorite character. But the fact that I still watch it today even though it is boring and doesn't have the spark it once had still speaks volume to the greatness of this show. If it was that bad I would of stopped a long time ago, but I haven't. It needs to end soon though if it still wants to be considered one of the greatest shows ever. Shonda Rhimes doesn't disappoint though and she is amazing for giving us Grey's, Scandal, and Private Practice for some. But its time to quit as expectations only continue to grow. She put all her focus in one show and one show only making it the best she possibly can.
  • boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek being killed off has ruined the show, along with Christina. no one is interested it it anymore. Sad it was a good show.
  • Its getting so boring now!

Ive watch Greys since it started and i absolutely loved it but even before Derek was killed off it has become awful! I agree with others that once the original characters left and they were replaced with new characters the show began to go down hill! Izzy, christina, Lexy and George were really great in the show but these new characters are ridiculous! I cannot stand listening to their constant prattling on about nothing, especially when they are in the middle of surgeries is not only annoying but stupid. The writers seem to have run out of decent storylines and now its all about having sex in the hospital closets, i really hope that isnt how hospital staff behave! God help us! Shonda got rid of all the interesting characters, except a couple that are left. I wont bother recording any more episodes, its just gotten too boring for words.
  • He dies !after making us fall in love with him all over again.

Last WEEK was my last episode. I took it off my DVR recording was used to him being AWAY & it didn't bother last week I fell in love with him all over even walked in his room & they were talking. Then it was a vision & didn't really was a crappie way to ended for me right there.
  • Awful Way to Kill a Good Show

What the heck was Shonda thinking?!? Last week's episode was my last. Meredith not only pulled the plug on Derek, she also pulled the plug on the show. It isn't worth watching anymore.
  • time for all of you to go

this show should have ended with the plane crash, the only 2 characters worth watching at that pt, once the character of dr Yang left, this show was utterly hopeless, the loud music's been annoying for years. the awful acting, McDreamy or MC Constipated? he looks the same, they should have killed of Meredith as well, and euthanised the show entirely
  • i dont think so!

Grey and Derek was the reason I was watching the show. The love affair and drama. Yes I do agree that some of the characters that went off was unfair and stupid put they could be replaced not Derek. When I saw Derek lying in bed talking to Grey I was relieved but then it was just a wishful thinking. Why kill off a main character but now I think it's time for the show to end. It will not be the same without the true love story. The others was just there to make a story but Grey and Derek was nice to follow.
  • Not ready to say goodbye to Derek!!

No, no, no!! This is just to sad!! They should have kept Derek on the show!!
  • The Last Straw!

The actors were good as usual but the writing really sucked. So Meredith is going to unplug him that quick and never call anyone? Not even his sister? Too ridiculous. I'm done! When they killed Derek off I am through watching Grey's Anatomy. Did he make too much money for Shonda or is she just jealous of his fame? Not good anymore. Not like the early episodes with ALL the original cast. Watching it now is like watching a sequel with none or one of the original cast. I guess getting all the new cast members saves them a little money. It won't pay off in the end Shonda and I think the end is getting near.
  • Greys anatomy is OVER without Mcdreamy!

I have watched this show for many years. Greys anatomy has been my favorite show throughout all these years. I am beyond disappointed that they got rid of Derek. This show will never be the same without him. I am not going to watch it anymore. I was very sad when they got rid of Lexie and now Derek?!!!! :((((( Who is going to replace such a charming, handsome, loving and simply amazing character?! Are they going to have Mer fall in love with someone else?! Mcdreamy can NOT be replaced!
  • no more !

This was my season made a big mistake on pitty....11 years and this is all I get !
  • enough is enough...

done!!!it started out like a really good really loved she started killing or cutting off george, izzie, mark and lexie, cristina, now i'm herself? it would have been a better idea to stop the show years ago...
  • Greys anatomy isn't your mommas soap opera!

Derek is killed off! Don't tell me for 10 years I have been watching a soap opera? After 10 years I find that killing off Derek was ridiculous and amateurish. A soap opera move when a writer can't write anymore. I'm done with this show and will not watch the end of the season,
  • Can't hear the actors over the music!

I like music but not drowning out the voices so I can't tell what is being said, please lower it especially at the very end, I have to record it and then rewind about 3 times to figure out what is being said, PLEASE,PLEASE
  • This is a Great Show

I like this show because of McDreamy and McSteamy. They would probably make good doctors in real life if they wanted to go to medical school. The thing is, if they were walking around your local hospital in those lab coats, you wouldn't question it. You would assume they were actual MD's. I like the drama of the show and all the hook ups. They need to focus more on that. It would also be cool if there were more scenes with McDreamy and McSteaming hanging out with each other outside of work. Maybe playing 2v2 beach volleyball together like Top Gun.
  • Greys anatomy

Well if any want to watch this show don't anymore cause Derek just cheated on meridith so I might kill that both that kissed him
  • I love this season

I honestly really love this season for many reasons: More focus on Mer as a person (this whole show is after all her story), and I like that Derek is gone, because he just was soooo bad for her. Not a good husband and partner.

Same goes for Callie and Arizona. Callie is so much better off without her, (she needs to be able to dance in her underwear again!).

And so much more good stuff. The only thing I hate is the fudging music in the background, which is super annoying and I simply want the feel-good/fitting indie-music back which defined the show in it's earlier seasons. So yea. All is perfect, exept the soundtrack.
  • It's over. You can all go home. It's over... So over

I ADORE Grey's! But this is how I have felt all season. Derek is gone. MerDer appears to be over. The reasons I loved Grey don't seem to exist anymore. (I still tape and watch the reruns every day - the original characters and seasons are AMAZING!) I truly wish Shonda would have written a wonderful ending to the whole show when Sandra left last season. I just don't see it being saved with who they have left. Meredith, Karev, Callie, Bailey, Richard, Arizona. The new people are good, but they aren't Mark Sloan, Lexi, Mousey!, George, Izzy! Just my humble opinion. I love Grey's Anatomy. Loved Grey's Anatomy