Grey's Anatomy

Second Opinion

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 2012 on ABC

• Not a great episode either!

This was an ordinary episode. Nothing compelling nor moving. It was very average. I had expected more since the previous episode, boring for most part, did pick up pace much later into the show leaving me with much higher expectations for Episode 6. Disappointed but still did enjoy it. What can I say? I am a Grey's Anatomy fan!
  • Good feelings

Unlike every other episode recently, this episode made me feel good. This show has been too depressing lately; at least too much fighintg. I really liked this episode.

I really do not like that April Kepner got involved with Jackson Avery just for sex. I am not being judgemental of people doing that; I am criticizing the writers for not giving that more depth if it is that way. Why would April, a conservative virgin, suddenly just have sex? It is not believable to me that a woman such as April would do that.

Oh, and there I go being negative about a good thing. The point I am getting at is that I like that April and Jackson have gotten past the stage of just sex. I like that very much. The just sex was not right for April's character.
  • Good but not mind-blowing amazing

This was more like a regular Grey's Anatomy episode: it had drama, a medical mystery and many storylines.

My favorite storylines were Arizona's and Kepner and Avery's. I love that Arizona is going through the stages of grief. She was in an accident and lost a leg, its normal to feel furious and depressed. But on this episode Arizona started to move on, literally. She started walking and even went to Seattle Grace Mercy West. Of course, this was all part of Bailey's plan. Bailey intrigued Arizona with a rare medical case, and Arizona, unknowingly, took a step towards her physical and emotional recovery. The scene in which Arizona is walking through her house is a powerful one. I thought she wasn't going to make it, especially after stumbling and breaking the vase. But she did, and the scene where she walks through the hospital gave me goose bumps.

Avery and Kepner's storyline took a turn this week. At last, they confessed their feelings for one another but they also talked about how they didn't felt understood by the other. So, this could go either way: they could make up and start a real relationship (what I hope they do), or they could feel shameful and prideful and decided to go separate ways. By the look on Avery's face as he walked out, it could be the latter, unfortunately.

I was surprise by Owen's reaction to Christina being in Seattle. It was like he didn't care. Although, we know he was the one that recommended Christina to the Head of Cardio, so maybe he does care.

I love Christina and Mer's power play with their respective interns. It is hilarious to be on the scary side of the story. Season one Mer and Christina were the interns and were tortured by The Nazi. Now, they are the ones doing the torturing and I love it.

I like that they have follow up with the legal case, something that would definitely happen in real life, but probably wouldn't appear in many series.

On the other hand, the medical drama was not big in this episode. Also, there wasn't too much tension. The pace was slow which made the episode uninteresting.