Grey's Anatomy

Something to Talk About

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2005 on ABC

• ...

6.6
    This is perhaps, in my opinion, one of the worst episodes yet of Grey's Anatomy, being so for a number of reasons. Most obviously, it followed last week's stunner of an episode, so it really did have some tough competition.

Ok, here's some general thoughts of mine in a list:

1. I didn't like the whole voice-over theme of the episode. Despite not being an overly fanatic fan of Meredith, I often find her musings quite entertaining. I don't think the whole Romeno and Juliet thing worked at all though. This has to be one of the poorest voice-overs yet.

2. I'm really not digging Izzie this season. I didn't like her at first in season 1 but then the character really grew on me what with the program's efforts to show the beautiful blondes can be clever too. But, right now she's so Alex focused and into herself that I'm not enjoying the character at all.

3. That said, I'm also not feeling the Alex vibes. In season 1 I could tolerate him as a friendly under-developed jerk. In season 2 he had a complete personality implant and I started to like him. Now though, he just seems a bit pathetic.

4. I am, however, loving Cristina again. And yes, she was hot in her many dresses (I've never really noticed that before). Her date-turned-life-saving-surgery with Burke was fun, they really do make a good couple. I can imagine them in 10 years time, exactly the same, lots of medicine, lots of sex and the ocassional dinner!

5. I liked the little story-line with Addison and Derek's friends. She was a strong woman. I'm not enjoying the current state of relation between Addison and Derek though, and I feel the lift scene in particular was uncalled for. Why oh why are they putting us through this when it's plain as day he'll just cave-in and go back to poor needy Meredith! (Oh, and why was she wearing a plaster? I totally missed that).

6. Pregnant Nazi...could be interesting I guess. I hope they treat the story-line o.k.
LIFE