Grey's Anatomy

Straight to the Heart

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 08, 2006 on ABC

• If you are new to the show, here's your chance to catch up. If you are a fan of the show, skip it and riddle me this: Do we really need a clip show this early into a series?

5.5
    For those that don't know, the first season of "Grey's Anatomy" was originally scheduled to go beyond the nine measley episodes that were actually aired. The so-called "special" entitled "Straight to the Heart" is Episode 13 of the second season, which means it would logically be able to summarize about one full season's worth of show content (about 21 episodes). That might be OK if not for the fact that the first season was so short and separated by a summer break!

This type of clip show would more appropriately be aired just before the beginning of a season in the effort to try to attract more viewers before a season premire, not during the first half a new season.

As is the case for most "clip shows," here's how this one boils down: For the true fans of the show, this will be pretty much a total waste of your time as this is a complete recap of the series so far and nothing new is revealed. So skip it, or you may find yourself truly bored. For those new to the show who are trying to catch on to a very good series, then this is the show for you.
  • A summary of what's happened in Grey's Anatomy so far.

I didn't like this episode much. As a fan I can remember what's happened so far. I don't need to be reminded.

I can understand why the producers wanted a summary episode though. It's for people who are 'just tuning in' and don't have a clue what's happened so far. Now they're all caught up and excited to see the rest of the season. It is clever. Just not very interesting for the rest of us who are already fans.

Hopefully they won't do this too often; or more like ever again. I would rather see a re-run than a summary episode like this one. If they do really feel the need, well let them find a more creative way to give the summary.
  • Dunno if you should say \"Flashback episode\" but it was a summary of all episodes so far.

I agree that it was great if you had missed some or just one episode. But I was really hoping for a new episode, so I was a little disappointed.
    Although now you really know what\'s going on, it kinda made you remember what had happened and you got to see all the important and good stuff again. =)
  • I started watching and was upset because I thought it was a rerun, so I didn't watch it.

0.2
    Turns out it is a re-run, of all the episodes pretty much. Why would they do that? Talk about cheap and a rip-off. Seems now adays it is rare to say something good about hollywoods work, and this show is usually one of those rare occasions, (here's where they get their exception) If it was this or a rerun, I would prefer this and kudos, but if this is to replace an entire episode, it's SH*T.
  • It was good to catch up if you missed an episode.

I missed a few eps this season so it was good for me to catch up. Its reveals everything about the current season and the last one. It was narrated by Joe the bartender instead of Meredith and as it went on they talked about "Nazi"(Miranda) and penicillin shots. WATCH! ! !
  • Complete and utter waste of time... What was the point of this episode?

0.1
    Horrible waste of time. I deleted it 2 minutes into it on the tivo...I hope the advertisers didn't actually pay to run commercials on this episode! It was nothing but a bunch of flash back clips like they did with lost. I hope ABC doesn't get the idea that we actually think this is a new show. There was eveny a voice over!
    ~
  • Garbage!

Why in the hell did they waste my time this week? They wasted the editors' time too. We've seen all this. This type of episode is what makes me hate producers.

Now to type another sixty nine words to show my dissatisfaction with this lame episode. Garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage.

And in closing... bah!