Grey's Anatomy

Sweet Surrender

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2009 on ABC

• Another great episode...sad but still funny. The most we've seen of George in ages.

With only episodes to go until the season finale...Grey's gave us another great one. It had its funny side with Izzie faking things to get attention and Lexie constantly eating due to the stress of the Derek/Sloan feud. That was a really cool side bit to this one...deflecting from the sadness that is Izzie dying.

It was very well done, her acting strong but then finally suffering the effects of the chemo/cancer. It was pretty heart-breaking as was the child that died under Bailey's care. She was terminal...but Bailey persuade the father to let go. Very emotional. George was featured an awful lot which is no bad thing...he seems to have lost a spark though, he acts quite depressed.

His small feud with Alex was really engrossing especially when the latter just roared at him. The ending was good thought, Alex admitting George kicked his ass...and the former passing along the beer. Hunt has therapy...about time as well. Cristina wasn't featured that much...but she has good presence when she does appear.

Other things: I liked Meredith's comment to Deck about grudges because he was being so unfair lecturing her about the chief with the whole Mark thing. Not sure about Arizona but Callie was funny enough here. I also like how Lexie and Meredith are acting like the latter invited her half sister to the wedding and then Sloan/Derek made up. Good stuff.

These next episodes will probably be intense...I'm certainly ready.