Grey's Anatomy

The Name of the Game

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 02, 2006 on ABC

• Fun to see how each character deals with the cards that life has dealt them in this episode... from knitting to nudity!

Meredith swears off men and takes up knitting to keep occupied (though it looks like the Vet may kill her hopes of celibacy).

Izzie continues to get cozy with her favorite patient... he asks to see one of her boobs... and she laughs it off in a way that leads me to believe that he's gonna get what he wants - if he doesn't die first.

George proves that he still cares about Meredith by shielding her from her estranged father and going in to great detail while telling him (her father) about how great she (Meredith) is.

Cristina figures out that "the basics" (in this case, walking around the house in the nude) still work - which finally prompt Burke to give George the boot.

This episode was pretty funny, and, as usual - I can't wait for the next one to air!
  • Great episode for knitting old wounds. Almost half of the characters have been dealing with some annoyance or another that was filling them with anger, causing them a lot of grief. This episode sort of untied the knot a lot of them were caught up in.

Izzie gets to to enjoy some time in the company of her favorite patient. He feels well enough now to flirt a little bit with her. While she doesn't encourage it, you can tell she likes it.

She seems more content than she has been in several episodes.

Cristina has been going around the bend because she sees George staying over at her apartment as a problem. She totally considers him a third wheel. Her boyfriend however, clearly relishes having another guy in the house to goof around with. She finally takes the advice of a senior doctor to follow the "basics" - and applies it to getting rid of George. Her gambit works. It was unadorned brilliance on her part.

Most of Cristinas solutions to problems are cold, dispassionate, and logical. In a sense, this one was too - but it was by far her most intuitive gambit ever. It really humanizes her.

The show opens with Meredith knitting and having sworn off men. She says she has become celibate.

Things with men have repeatedly gone bad for her in the last several episodes: she has lost McDreamy (and her dog) to his estranged wife, wrecked her comfortable friendship with former household mascot George (upsetting her female roommates a lot), blown a chance to reconcile things with her father.

Everything does not get solved for her this episode. But fate is offering her a lot of olive branches. You get the feeling that despite how bad she is hurting and what a porcupine she is becoming, fate is still willing to throw her a bone.

Bailly has been dealing recently with the dual demands of being mommy, doctor, and leader. In charge of almost everyone and everything around her, almost.

Now, finally, she just wants to help - and she does.

All the stories woven into this episode were really good. Things are starting to go better for the characters that fate had recently been zapping with one emotional blow after another.

The show was very well written. It was nice to see things starting to go nicely.

The next episode will probably see some of these characters progress some more in their relationships.
  • Merediths father appears at the hospital as his other daughter is about to give birth. So Mere finds she has a sister, Izzy and Denny get closer, George is someones 'mcdreamy', alex does not sugar coat the condition of patients, cristina goes back to basi

Funny, Meaningful, Romantic...the episode made me laugh and cry all in a span of an hour (of course with the ads.) As much as the focus was on Mer and her dad, I think all characters were given mini stories in and of themselves. I liked the way George protected Meredith but still gave her the shoulder when she said thank you. Cristina competing with the Chief was just hilarious --- Denny and Izzy are slowly moving to the next level and so is George and Callie. I loved the fact that George is Callie's McDreamy!!! I think the hair cutting scene toward the end was very symbolic of George trusting and falling for someone else other than Meredith. The confrontation between Alex and Burke also made me think of truth and to what extent should things be kept to oneself.Im so excited for Chris O'Donnell coming in as Mer's next love interest. The show just keeps on getting more interesting!!!
  • George becomes McDreamy and that's only half the fun.

"She's George's McDreamy." A classic line that showcases the key problem the ladies have with George, unable to see him as anything more than the goofy friend. The scene with George and Meredith's dad was excellent as is his romance with Sara Ramirez. She's even more of a delight than in Spamalot and her tirade to Izze and Meredith over George was great. Can't wait to see this romance continue.

I liked the scene of Alex defending himself and saying "this is who I am," showing his depth. I was surprised to see Laurie Metcalf on but she did a good dramatic turn, especially at the end.

I had hoped for more of Bailey dealing with trying to be "the Nazi" again after giving birth but it's nice to see how she's unable to face the fact she is a bit softer now.

The rivalry between Christina and the Chief was odd at first but caught on especially with the Chief showing her why he's in charge. The scene of the Chief and Meredith's dad was incredibly charged as we instantly know Mr. Grey knows what the Chief did and calls him on it.
    While I thought it a bit extreme, I have to admit, I liked Christina going nude around the apartment to get George out.

Of course the big one was Meredith dealing with the fact that her father showed more love to his new family than to her. That his wife knew about her was a surprise and I really liked how the actor portrayed her father as a man who truly was broken, making you feel for him despite everything.

And the ending has CHris O'Donnell coming in which promises a lot more fun as we enter the home stretch of the season.
  • George becomes McDreamy and that's only half the fun.

• Blythe Robe is the writer's assistant that brought the word "va-jay-jay" to Grey's Anatomy by having Bailey say it during birth. Look at her now - she wrote one of the more memorable Grey's episodes in recent memory :)

Agh - thank goodness, they tied some of the open-ended questions that have been lingering with the show and making Meredith a trainwreck with a ton of issues - fast. I'm glad to see Meredith filleting both Derek and Addison in a bar when she says she's done wit men. The Shepards say you are done with men? Addison even steps "You? Done with men?"

Meredith pulls no punches:

Meredith: "All the men I meet are married"
    Derek: "Ouch"
    Meredith: "Sorry.. or turn out to be Mark"
    Addison: "Okay, I'm going back over here."

The Game Score:
    Meredith 2
    The Shepards 0

I was glad to see Meredith putting them in their place and still be herself.

I like that George is no longer emasculated like a sister of Izzie and crushed by Meredith. Last season Alex was ripping on George that Izzie and Meredith treat him like a sister. Then Alex was ready to pound him for sulking like a girl after he slept with Meredith.

It's what George needed to start moving on and hooray for George putting it together when Meredith's father said "She came to see me a few weeks ago and I was a coward" - he knew "a few weeks ago?" George put it all together and gave an honest take on Meredith. I love that he isn't Izzie's flunkie either. I love that Callie put Izzie's self-righteousness in check, when Izzie became possessive as George's best friend "last I checked you gave him crumby love advice." ZING! Thankyou Callie! Izzie was the one pushing George under a buss. Izzie knows Meredith is still nuts for Derek, he even came to see her after the bomb explosion. Telling George to make Meredith listen was the worst advice, when they both knew Meredith was in love with Derek. Izzie didn't help by giving George "go for it" advice.

Score:
    Callie 2
    Izzie 0
    Meredith 1 (she did just find out she had step-sisters)
    George: 1 (He was still mooching off his co-workers - Burke, etc.)

I'm glad to see these characters settling in to give voice to each other's flaws: George sums up Meredith for better or worse to her father; Callie puts Izzie and Meredith on notice about George; George is completely disinterested in what Izzie, Meredit, Alex or any of the other interns think of him any more. George is moving on w/ Callie. Callie doesn't remember George is "Syph Boy" or "Baby Boy" she remembers him as "Heart in the elevator guy!" Yes - Blythe took us back to the day that George was famous and the time that Alex froze! Meredith swares off men and wouldn't you know when you're not looking - in walks Dr. Vet - scruffy w/ longer shaggier hair (remind you of someone else's look *cough* *ahem* McDreamy?) Oh I forgot Bailey - her maternal instincts are not detering her from her job in surgery rather proving that she is more intuitive and relates to her patients than before! I give her 3 points: For telling Derek - she's his intern, for relating to the kid on a subject he would know and for going home to tell her son that she met the best speller in all of Seattle!

Great episode, the last few were starting to drain me and cover the same ground again and again and go nowhere! Congrats Blythe on a great episode and from going to assistant to writing one of the better episodes this season!

Woo hoo!

• Tied the lose strings together and relaxed the tension

A really nice episode that released a lot of the (mostly unpleasant for the ones involved) tension that had built up during the last episodes. Friends went back to show their friendships again, in the whole, people were caring and treated each other much more considerately again. Which was really nice
    Izzie became more professional, but not less caring towards Denny, Christina thrived first too much on competition in all fields again, but got a lesson from the chief and learned to \'concentrate on the basics\' (methods AND priorities) - in a hilariuos way. Her naked walk to the kitchen was also very funnily shot with everything in the scene used to cover her nakedness to the viewer - including Burke\'s head.
    Meredith\'s and Izzie\'s knitting gave me a ripping good time. It strenghtened their friendship or at least showed their loyalty to each other again. Okay, it IS a bit weird to knit in a bar, but not too unbelievable. I think, Meredith was really desperately trying to come to terms with herself and her self-destructive way with men and she could have chosen things much more drastic. Although: if I were Finn, I would have been quite perplexed by a woman not talking to me but forcefully knitting faster after seeing me :)
    The \'George rescues Meredith from having to confront her father\' scene was really nice. I am glad that he realized he still cares about her and that she is not a completely mean person although she hurt him. It suited him very well to show more backbone in this episode and his last scene with Callie added to that. He is about to realize what is really important. Not the way he is wearing his hair, but the people around him. For the moment that is especially Callie whose declaration of dedication to George was touching and convincing, too. She sees the good MAN in him, not only the cute and nice boy and that is doing them both good.
    Izzie caring so much about George and Meredith was a sort of \'going back to the roots\', too. It was not only about Denny anymore, she seemed to have waken up from a pink love-haze and realized that there are more people whom she cares about and who might need her backup. Good. Although it made me think about her and George\'s friendship. She was quite overprotective of him towards Callie. Still, nice.
    I also liked the scene where Meredith\'s father\'s \'new\' (okay, about 26 years) wife talked to Meredith so kind and caringly. It was too much for Meredith to cope with at the moment but it definitely opened the way for future friendly terms.
    Alex finally had a reconciliating scene, where he some sort of explained himself. He admitted that he acts like a jerk sometimes, but his frankness and his (nearly always) consequent sticking to the truth definitely is a character trait I respect in him. And he was responsible for a scene that made me cry (that\'s my fourth time to cry because of a movie ever) when the deadly sick woman finally tells her daughter of her illness and gives her all the advices she wants her to use in her life. Really, really heart-wrenching.
    So, all in all, yes, the nearly unbearable tension of the last episodes was gradually released like a huge gordic knot (although less violently solved) and the show made you look forward to what\'s coming next. In a much more relaxed way than during the last weeks.
  • Terrific Episode!!!

This week Meredith and Izzi take a vow of celibacy, well it’s mostly Meredith but I think Izzi is just supporting her and all, Meredith does this because she realizes that every time she sleeps with some one she hurts someone else’s feelings. Also Meredith learns that she has two half sisters and that her father wants to reconnect with her. It looks like that George finally starting to forgive Meredith, after he tells her dad what a great person she it. And also he is finally moving on with his new girlfriend, Dr. Torres. Christina finally gets her wish when Burke kicks out George after she decides to walk around there apartment naked. Alex deals with his own issues when Burke is getting annoyed with his bedside manners, but Alex takes a stand for him self and tells Burke to back off…Alex believes in total honesty with his patients and this does lead to one of his patients realizing that she has to stop lying to her daughter about her condition. Lastly, I know I have said this before I still can’t get over how hot Addison is, they should show more of her!!!
  • Merideth gives up drinking?

7.6
    Most important part of the episode...Meridith and Izzy are celibate, so Meridith gives up drinking too. Meridith meets a vet named Finn in the last moments of the episode. Looks like a promising start of a new relationship, important one like the one she had with Derek. Denny grows closer to Izzy.
  • Meridith takes up knitting and becomes celibate. And Izzy too. Is it just me or is that totally weird?

I am so in love with George. He is such a sweetheart cause he helped Meridith with her Dad even though she treated him the way that she did. I'm glad that he has a new girl and I hope at least she can treat him like he deserves cause he's such a good person.
  • Cristina tries to beat the Chief, Izzie and Meredith take a vow of celibacy, and George finally gets it on with Callie!

This episode was a good one, but definately not the best one in my opinion. I loved how Cristina thought she was beating the Chief, but that he was able to beat her even with his eyes closed!!
    I find it hard to believe that Meredith and Izzie would take up a vow of celibacy; wouldn't that be so hard? It's funny that Meredith is just knitting one long strip, while Izzie actually knit a sweater for Dennie. I think Izzie is starting to recognize her feelings for Dennie, and I think that in upcoming episodes, something is going to happen to change their relationship.
    I'm glad that George has someone to turn to now, but I don't really like Callie, and I don't know why she was being so mean to Izzie. George was so nice to Meredith when he was talking to her dad; you could definately tell that he is not fully over her yet, and that she will always be important to him!
    I can't believe Meredith has a sister!! It's nice to see that Meredith has some family, other than the people she works with, and hopefully she will eventually have a relationship with her family. I think it would make for an interesting storyline. And I realize now that George and Thatcher were in the same room together that they actually do look alike!
    The storyline with the woman who had cancer was so sad! I don't know what I would do if I was in her daughter's position, but I know that if I was the mother, I would have told my daughter that I was probably going to die! When they were sitting on the bed together, I cried it was so sad!! Although Burk thought Alex was out of line with his comments to her, I thought that they were justified. If Alex hadn't told the woman to tell her daughter, her daughter probably wouldn't have found out about her illness until she died, and like Alex said, would have hated her mother for the rest of her life.
    We finally get to see the softer side of Bailey. It was nice to see that after seeing the rough-and-tumble side of her since the show began. I really liked the spelling bee champion- he seemed like a really nice and smart kid. It was pretty sad when they were in the operating room and he was starting to slur his words- it would have been so sad if he had lost his speech permanently!
    Overall, a good episode of GA, but I've seen better! Can't wait for next week!
  • This was a great episode

Okay I just love, love, love, love this show. I really do. Baily crying? Who would have ever thought she actually had that emotion. I loved how she blamed it on the hormones. The scene that had me reaching for my tissue was when the lung cancer patient had to finally admit to her daughter she is sick, and she is giving her all this advice. I was a blubbering idiot. I was totally done.

Okay why is the doctor that George likes living in the hospital? Her reason simply does not jive with me. Meredith finding out she had a sister was eye opening. Even though George is still upset with her I liked how he had her back. I'm hoping they can be on speaking terms and friends again in time.

Izzy and Meredith take up knitting so they can practice celibacy. I wonder how long that will last now that Meredith has eyes on the hunky, handsome vet.

When Christine walked out of the room naked I laughed so hard. George "I did not see anything, I did not see anyting." This is a wonderful, wonderful show.

• This episode has 'gone back to the basics' without a doubt! Classic Greys! The balance of hilarious comedy (Christina and Webber) and intense drama (cancer patient mother/ webber and thatch) was so incredible and this is without a doubt one of the best ep

Knitting! I must admit that the first scene in the bar was gut-wrenching... it does seem that Mer/Der are moving on :( seriously! It cant be forever right? Although i think Mer needs some mcsweetie (mcvet) love, part of me hopes he is there just to create some mcdreamy jealousy!

Denny did get a bit 'dirty old man' in this episode, although izzy managed to turn it around and make it cute with the izzy-smelling-jumper section!

Christina and the Chief had me on the floor laughing in this episode. "thats why i'm the chieF!" lol and naked cristina was truly the only way to get George out of the apartment and into the arms of Callie!

Overall, this episode was great... im thinking one of the best this season. Although, if Mer/Der get back together before the end of this season, there will be no competition... am i right?!
  • A fine episode !

They Grey Anatomy's episode was really good IMO, it was much better then the previous episode
    I see some truth in Alex in just telling the truth to patients and such but it could be done in a much better and nicer way.. It was good of Burke to call Alex on that... He should learn that and looking at the promo for the next episode which is sadly not until April 30, we see that there are still problems lying ahead for Alex.

Meredith and knitting.. so funny! I'm glad we had a few Mer/Der scenes though I was looking for those longing looks... But I still enjoyed their scenes.. I always do.. I still have to get used to the 'friends' thing between Addie and Mer.. Though I loved the part where Mer was naming all the guys like 'they're married' 'mark' 'george' Funny!
    The whole sister thing, well the promo already teased it but I loved the scene where Mer was at the girl's bedside.. Great scene! Well done by Ellen Pompeo. Also very sweet of George to talk to Mer's dad when she didn't want to... With his childish act in the previous episode, this really made me able to give George some points again :D

Izzie and Denny, i like Denny's character, the problem is that I've never been Izzie's biggest fan, she never interested me, except when she was with Alex.. Though Izzie is definately crossing a line by being so close with a patient... Though we could have seen this coming from day 1 when Izzie was so involved with her patient... I am interested to see where this is going..

Callie and George.. Weird girl that lives in a hospital... strange... they kissed, that was nice.. but I'm not sure if I'm rooting for them... Not sure how I feel about them yet, I think I have to see more of them...

And a competitive Cristina and chief Richard... lol... so funny how competitive they were.. it just had me cracking up.. A very true side of Cristina if you ask me...
  • Meredith and Izzy take a vow of celebacy and take up knitting. Meredith meets her half-sister while George faces her father.

The episode is an average one, amidst discovery of Meredith\'s half-sisters and similarities between her dad and George is seen side-by-side. Right at the end, it gets us excited again when Meredith meets the vet.Will the knitting continue much longer and if they date, jealousy will erupt on Mc Dreamy\'s part.
  • Love George's new love interest; Meredith's new hobby to replace sleeping around; Christina's bold new approach. I just love how all the stars have their own separate stories and different things going on! WOW - I just cannot wait for each new episode. Ma

I love the way the writers are giving George a new love interest and Meredith is trying to quit sleeping around. I really love this show and - in a way - I'm glad the writers are having Derek work out the marriage challenges. Too many shows kill of marriage with no thoughts - it does my heart good to see someone actually thinking about it more seriously. The theme of "Quitting when the going gets a little rough" is what is wrong with America today - too many people are ok with just quitting when a challenge arises!
    Anyway, I love this show and I love Christina's bold new approach. I just love how all the stars have their own separate stories and different things going on with each of them! WOW - I just cannot wait each week for the next episode. May God bless GA writers!!!
  • This was another good episode of my favourite series. I think this one will lead up towards the season finale, so we'll see...

I think this episode had it all. There was a bit for everyone, i mean you could burst into tears (the spelling champ, the mother daughter conversation in the end) you could laugh your a** off (that's why i'm the chief, just one boob, basics). But besides that we also get to know the Grey family better. And by doing so we could see that it maybe won't last long till Meredith and George finally will be back to at least speaking to each other. Since he now is kinda homeless and i don't think he will move into this secret creepy basement he might rejoin Izzie and Meredith as a roommate. Think we just have to wait and see. Anyways I did enjoy it and i hope 4 weeks without GA won't do me too much harm...
  • thank you for GREY\'s ANATOMY writers! absolutely, the best show by far on network tv. and yet again, a wonderful episode. we learn more about meredith & her dad, thatch -- such an awesome man that valued \"family\" but it was ellis that betrayed

i absolutely had to say that although, we learn more about mer, i can\'t help but acknowledge alex for standing up for himself when confronted by burke. his \'i tell the truth, it\'s what i do\' speech was brilliant.
    and i see why izzy is so smitten with denny. he\'s such charmer. but the \'jst let me see one boob\' liner sounds like something alex would say not him. even though, i\'m sure he was just kidding. . .or so we like to think so.
    chief webber is such a scene stealer with his. . .\" and that\'s why they call me \"THE CHIEF\" dr. webber. . .\"

• Knitting is Merediths new hobby!

I really enjoyed this episode. I love the way the drama between George and Meredith is playing out, and I think it is so sweet that George covered up for Meredith.
    I did not like Addison trying to be nice to Meredith, when in reality I think she still does not like her. After all, any way you put it she still slept with her husband.
    The whole knitting thing is hilarious and, I am seriously considering its merits (LOL).
    I do not like that many people do not like Alex. I just think he is misunderstood. I still love him anyhow,
    Can\'t wait for the next episode!
  • The Name of the Game

How great was this episode? Seriously! It had me laughing hysterically (at Christina vs the Chief, Christina playing that game at the beginning, Burke's reposnse to Chrisitna, and Meredtih's knitting...) And it really made me feel for a lot of the characters on the show. It was the perfect balance.
    Perhaps the most major thing for me, something of which I never thought would happen,is that the show is making Meredith redeemable to me. It was so painful when Meredith went in to see the sister she didn't know she had and she was recounting all the moments with Thatcher that Meredith has never had and probably will never have. I was feeling for her, definitely. Also, as I already mentioned, thought her taking up knitting was hilarious- even at the end when Chris O'Donnell character comes out to talk to her, she goes right back to knitting because she knows she's going to be tempted (and who wouldn't?)
    Izzie and Denny were cute together last night also. I'm still not sure how I feel about those two, but they were cute- she knitted him a sweater-aww. Denny's also pretty funny himself.
    Time for my weekly "go George!" cheer/acclaims. It was very big of him to say those things about Meredith to her father. And he's moving on with Callie :)
  • Had me crying. Loved every second of it. Still wanting Derek and Meredith together though:/

This one was very touching:) Lot's of tears. Can't wait to see what happens with the Meredith/Dad situation. A little bitter with the fact that Addi and Derek are acting in love though. It was nice seeing George with Kallie. Also, the guest stars did an excellent job and had me going.
  • This one ended yummily.

Hmmm. Now I can't wait for next week and beyond, so I can see what happens between Mer and the vet. The storyline with her finding out about two sisters was good, and I also loved the part where George was describing Meredith to Thatcher. Nice to see more of Thatcher's life and history, and I always always always love Sandra Oh's parts. I could just see her getting into the competition with the Chief, and I'm glad the Chief was able to teach her that it's not all about skill. Something the Christine's of the world really need to learn.
  • Very good

After a pair of episodes not so good, I think the show refound its rhythm.
    This episode is funny (love the dialoge in the bar when Meredith is knitting), and sad at the same time.
    I loved the dialoge between George and Meredith's father and i think he really missed her.
    I liked it very much!
  • Good as always

George is Callie's McDreany...how cute!And he so still loves Meredith.Look at what he told her dad,who cares about her half sister's way more than her.Denny and Izzie's scenes were just what the doctor ordered,funny,sweet just what we need.Alex is still an ass.And Meredith swearing off men is so not gonna last.I mean hello!Look at the hot vet!!
  • And things come full circle.

Another great episode as we learn that George is Callie's McDreamy, and that Meredith "broke" George, just as her mother "broke" Thatcher, who, as it turns out, is incredibly similar to George. Interesting how it all works it's way back around.

My favorite part of the episode was when George described to Meredith's father how Meredith is. She's kind but can be selfish, she smiles, but not all the time and so on. As much as he's angry with her, you can tell that he still loves her.

And Meredith has two sisters! And one wants to be a doctor! We all knew that the one sister was comng but two! I wonder how Thatcher is dealing with his daughter Lexie wanting to be a doctor like his former wife?

And any episode that ends with Chris O'Donnell is spectacular.
  • Game keeps us on the edge of our seats.

Meredith's sister by her fathers side comes to the hospital with the pregnancy complications. Meredith has a warm conversation with her stepmother but she managed to avoid her father.
    Beatrice a woman dying because of the cancer is not getting any better and she keeps on lying to her daughter that she will get better. The moment when she tells her daughter that she will die and tells her so many things about life is EXTREMLY sad and memorable. Fantastic preformance by Laurie Metcalfe.
    Andrew has a wake brain surgery and Bailey cared so much about him. She softened because of her baby.
    Finn is introduced in this episode.
    Amazing and memorable episode.
  • Finally a good episode, after two terrible ones!

Addison is really cute, trying to be Meredith’s friend. It is just getting more and more painful to watch, because we know this happiness is just a facade.

Cristina, Burke, George, and Callie playing “Celebrity” was hilarious! I love how competitive Cristina got and how she even competed with Richard in the class.

A nice surprise that Thatcher turned out to have a family. He definitely seemed like the type of person who would just live the rest of his life alone.

Alex’s rudeness is getting really irritating. I understand he was hurt by Izzie, but he needs to get over it. It\'s one thing to be honest, but another to be a total jerk about it.

The mother who was dying was the first character for whom I’ve actually felt sympathy in a while. Her speech to her daughter was touching.
  • does anyone know the last song from tonights soundtrack? part of the lyrics were "i hate the phone but i wish you'd call"... ?? thanks!

does anyone know the last song from tonights soundtrack? part of the lyrics were "i hate the phone but i wish you'd call"... ?? thanks! if you know the song and who sings it could u PLEASE post it up here? thanks! great episode by the way! I am ADDICTED to this show!
  • This show was all about Meredith and George. and a tear-jerker side story!

my favourite story line in this episode was the meredith family extravaganza. one thing though, regarding the comment about how would meredith's father feel that his daughter was going to be a dr like his former wife- wasn't he a doctor too?

cristina funny as usual, although clearly this storyline wasn't about her. izzy and alex also took a backseat this episode.

AND - they had two tearjerker side-stories this week. the brain surgery boy AND that mother! the mother story didn't seem like such a big deal til she gave that speech to her daughter. don't drink more than a glass of champagne because nothing's tackier than a drunk bride! awww! me and my roommate were sniffling away. i know that doesn't sound touching but it was.

all in all, this episode wasn't earth-shattering, but they shouldn't all be anyway. hope more of the grey family story gets played out!