Grey's Anatomy

The Other Side of This Life (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 03, 2007 on ABC

7.9
  • A total 'non episode' of Grey's. I half expected (hoped)that Addison would 'wake up' in the shower at the end.

A classic of how to loose your audience. What a waste of time introducing all these characters that we will never meet again (I hope!). 'Grey's' only got a few minutes of this two hours - It should never have been allowed out of the studio and onto the the air - production incompetence. This double episode takes two hours to tell us that Addison is barren - it could have been covered in an elevator ride. Maybe we will see the launch of a new show featuring the doctors showcased here but why oh why ruin Grey's in the proccess.

footnote:- Now that 'Private Practice' has started to air, it can be seen that this double episode was nothing more than 'junk mail'. The producers hijacked two episodes of Grey's in an attempt to 'advertise' the new show. What a cheap and nasty trick to play on your audience. Maybe we should be pleased that Dr Addison Shepherd was not transfering to the Starship Enterprise or applying for a job with 'House' on his new show - now that would have been interesting. (Bailey treating a Borg, Meridith falling for Greg ??)