Grey's Anatomy

These Ties That Bind

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 13, 2008 on ABC

• Izzie does backflips while tossing fiery batons over the shark

ATTENTION WRITERS: If you're reading this, please get rid of Denny. He's dead. This isn't Heroes or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and this show's genre-confused perspective continues to plague the plotlines of the show like an inoperable tumor.

I held out hope against hope that he would disappear after Alex burned his sweater, but Izzie turns around and *CRAP* he's still there. Then I was treated to a preview for next week where Izzie apparently makes out and has sex with the ghost of Denny. The rest of the episode was quite good. I have nothing bad to say about it; the strong writing has continued throughout the season with the exception of the premiere and the Denny plotline. I gave it a 6.5 b/c about 35% of the episode was devoted to Denny, for which I gave a 0 to. Plots like this can make a show jump the shark single-handedly, and while it won't be enough to drive me away, the longer it goes on, the more irritated I'll become, until I'll just start muting the TV or throwing heavy objects at the screen whenever Denny shows up.