Grey's Anatomy

This Magic Moment

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 2012 on ABC

• Very enjoyable episode!

Just like many of the previous episodes of the season, This Magic Moment managed to perfectly intertwine classic Grey's humour as well as the expected (and often necessary) drama all into one hours worth of a show.

What I particularly enjoyed about this episode is that it was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the more dramatically inclined episodes that had aired just before it, and yet it still had me on the edge of my seat in a couple of scenes with certain dramatic elements. After witnessing a long struggle to keep Zola in their lives, it was so rewarding to see Meredith/Derek's little family come together at last - I really could have died from the cuteness, and the main case of the episode - the conjoined twins - although interesting in it's own right, was made incredibly comical by Karev's constant pushing over by Dr. Webber and Dr Robbins' up-tight nervousness and bossiness throughout the entire procedure - so incessant that Callie had to put her foot down and tell her own wife off in the OR

Sara Ramirez and Chandra Wilson, who are for me the two actresses who deliver comedy at it's finest on the show, did just that with their respective scenes during the episode, even though I couldn't really bring myself to care much for the Ben/Bailey storyline. My heart too went out for poor Lexie and Mark who clearly belong together but lack the common sense to make it happen. I don't know, this episode was perky and easy to watch... Kind of reminded me of the old Grey's, and that for me is a big thumbs up. And in case you think I've forgotten, of course Kim Raver and Sandra Oh continued with two more brilliant and heartfelt performances as Teddy and Cristina. You could almost feel the raw pain that Teddy was exuding during her final scene with Cristina - and it showed just how much Cristina had come to respect her mentor by the way that she understood Teddy's actions and continued to humour her for her own good throughout the episode. This isn't an episode for someone who was desiring an hour of intense television watching, but it was fantastic nonetheless in many other ways, and I'm truly pleased with the fashion in which this season is rolling right now :)
  • Amazing!

I've been watching this show from the start and i thought that like every other show this too will become boring, especially when Izzy, George and also Addison left. I thought that they will try to do everything differently but thay didn't. The show is still my favourite one and I must say, I watch a looot of different shows! :) Every episode is shocking and suprising! So please keep the good work, because I love the characters right now and I wouldn't change anything.

Oh, and about this episode. It was fresh. I loved that for a change everything was around one case and that they showed some team work again. I loved Christina's and Teddy's moment, but most of all I loved Arizona's and Callie's conversation. I almost died from laughing and I watch it like five times!

Can't wait for a new episode!!!

• the other side..

interesting episode tonight. We see the other side of some of the characters tonight. For example, we can see how Dr Webber can become ruthless in order to get a once in a lifetime surgery from Karev.. and Karev's soft side towards the older Dr. We get to see Christina's soft side towards Teddy. It's nice to see the drama between the two characters. My favorite scene is when Teddy finally accepts the death of Henry. It's so emotional. It was perfectly played by both Kim Raver and Sandra Oh. We also see Arizona's bully moment hits its peak, haha... wow, she can be a bully when she's under pressured. Funny how Callie set the record straight by giving her her own medicine of bullying haha.. Aw, I also feel bad for little Grey... oh well, that will keep her relationship with Mark interesting.. And wow, Dr. Bailey has love life issues, haha.. the scene with Merideth at the OR was funny too... OH and I'm glad Zola's back.