Grey's Anatomy

This Magic Moment

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 2012 on ABC

• Very enjoyable episode!

Just like many of the previous episodes of the season, This Magic Moment managed to perfectly intertwine classic Grey's humour as well as the expected (and often necessary) drama all into one hours worth of a show.

What I particularly enjoyed about this episode is that it was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the more dramatically inclined episodes that had aired just before it, and yet it still had me on the edge of my seat in a couple of scenes with certain dramatic elements. After witnessing a long struggle to keep Zola in their lives, it was so rewarding to see Meredith/Derek's little family come together at last - I really could have died from the cuteness, and the main case of the episode - the conjoined twins - although interesting in it's own right, was made incredibly comical by Karev's constant pushing over by Dr. Webber and Dr Robbins' up-tight nervousness and bossiness throughout the entire procedure - so incessant that Callie had to put her foot down and tell her own wife off in the OR

Sara Ramirez and Chandra Wilson, who are for me the two actresses who deliver comedy at it's finest on the show, did just that with their respective scenes during the episode, even though I couldn't really bring myself to care much for the Ben/Bailey storyline. My heart too went out for poor Lexie and Mark who clearly belong together but lack the common sense to make it happen. I don't know, this episode was perky and easy to watch... Kind of reminded me of the old Grey's, and that for me is a big thumbs up. And in case you think I've forgotten, of course Kim Raver and Sandra Oh continued with two more brilliant and heartfelt performances as Teddy and Cristina. You could almost feel the raw pain that Teddy was exuding during her final scene with Cristina - and it showed just how much Cristina had come to respect her mentor by the way that she understood Teddy's actions and continued to humour her for her own good throughout the episode. This isn't an episode for someone who was desiring an hour of intense television watching, but it was fantastic nonetheless in many other ways, and I'm truly pleased with the fashion in which this season is rolling right now :)