Grimm

Beeware

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 11, 2011 on NBC

7.9
  • Sweet! Beeware!

Finally!! I am thrilled that exactly what I thought would happen is indeed, happening. Grimm (right now) does feature a creature of the week, but each has had a small trail of information to lead viewers to ask more questions, and to see that there is an underlying story that we will watch unfold. The first season of many of this type of show has to combine these two, to draw in viewers, but not alienate new ones who may tune in later.

This episode tipped its hand that there is someone coming for the Grimm... and that he was relentless. It was so disappointing that he had to protect the monster that tried to kill his Aunt. There was a lot that seemed different, and some questions that I don't entirely understand yet... like is it only when the monsters lose a LITTLE control that he can see them? Or is he still learning to hone his gift, and if he doesn't have suspicious behavior, he doesn't use it? I can't wait to see more.

These Bee monsters, killing the Haxanbeasts (orhowever it was spelled)was actually very interesting, showing that some monsters don't like the others, and are on "his" side.

I admit, if it were me, I would have spent at least a few days reading all of my aunts books to try to beef up on what the heck I might be encountering... but that is also kind of cool, that we are learning along with him.

What a great episode, to learn a little about all of the monsters, and to gain some insight into the future episodes.