TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

A Grimm Community
Friday 9:00 PM on NBC
Yes, it is 4 weeks into a hiatus. Yes, I am still obsessed with Grimm. Yes, I am loving it. :D

This is for talking about anything biology-related in the Grimm universe. Since it is such a huge and pervasive subject, I thought it might deserve its own discussion. Some ideas for talk (but you're certainly not limited to these):

• What the heck is a Vorherrscher?
  • What the heck is a Kehrseite-Gentrager?
  • So Grimm females come into their abilities earlier than males? Evidently, but how is it that Nick was (apparently) in his late 20s-early 30s when he came into his, but Nick's mom was 11? That's a pretty big age gap.
  • Assuming that Nick's dad was a regular Kehrseite... how is it that the Grimm line hasn't died out? Unless it's very, very dominant? Or do lots of Kehrseite carry recessive genes?
  • Speaking of Kehrseite with recessive genes and Grimms, is there any biological reason behind who Grimms might be attracted to? Maybe they're more likely to be attracted to people who will carry on their line?

Here's what I was really wondering today:

According to Rosalee, if one parent is Wesen, and the other is Kehrseite, then there's a 50-50 chance that the child will be Wesen (unless the Kehrseite is a Kehrseite-Gentrager). Which means there's a 50-50 chance that the child will be Kehrseite. But that Kehrseite would most likely have recessive Wesen genes.

My guess: that's probably what a Kehrseite-Gentrager is.

But here's what I'm wondering: would such a Kehrseite have abilities beyond the norm for Kehrseite? Not supernaturally so, but something like, say... being a near-perfect shot, the first time you ever pick up a gun?

Or would an attraction be more likely between a Grimm and a Kehrseite-Gentrager, vs. a Grimm and a regular Kehrseite? Or would they maybe have a natural affinity for animals, due to having recessive Wesen genes?

...Do we know anything at all about Juliette's parents?

And if she were a Kehrseite-Gentrager, what would that mean for any children she and Nick might have?
Follow this Show
Members