A Grimm Community
Friday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning Fall 2016)

Grimm S03E15: "Once We Were Gods" 

I love it when I issue demands and TV just obeys. Last week, Sergeant Wu ended up all One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in the wake of an unfortunate run-in with an Aswang and that was crappy, but a little heart-to-heart with Juliette fixed him right up. The (almost) truth will set you free and all that. However, I can't help but worry that he's eventually going to discover the (real) truth, at which point he's going to be pissed and probably resent Nick and Hank a little bit for letting him think he was crazy. It's okay, though. Wu has always been kind of a lighthearted character—one of the few on Grimm—and strapping this ticking time-bomb to him adds a mucho appreciated layer to the character and the potential stories involving him. 

Anne Dudek (Covert Affairs, Mad Men) guest-starred as a grumpy doctor who just wanted to examine her weird Anubis-shaped mummy in peace and quiet, regardless of the homicide that'd gone down in her lab. "I have a lot of work." Lady, there's a dead body next to your other dead body!

But whatevs. Lots of Wesen mythology this week, kids, and Wesen mythology makes the world in that Universal logo at the end of the credits go round. It turned out that Anne Dudek's weird Anubis-shaped mummy was shaped like that famous Egyptian god because it was Anubis. Or rather, an Anubis. Anubis is a type of Wesen that, like many other types of Wesen, was worshiped as a god by the ancient Egyptians. That sounded awesome, until Nick got the unsanitized version of ancient Wesen history: Anubis (Anubises? Anubi? Or is it like deer and deer?) were worshiped alright, but they were also coveted by pharaohs as prized additions to their burial swag and often tortured into woging so they could be killed and mummified in their woged state. Pretty sadistic, Grimm, are you sure airing back to back with Hannibal isn't making you all extra weird and gory? (In other news: how 'bout that waterboarding technique?) 

So as if Nick didn't have enough on his plate learning a whole new chapter of Wesen history and tracking down a homicidal Wesen cultural purist, the council rolled back into town and decided to enlist Nick's help in nabbing their mutual prey and by "decided to enlist Nick's help" I mean they basically ordered him to and he was kind of okay with it until he realized they wanted him to execute the guy for them and by "execute" I mean chase him around and be distracted so council "fixer" Alexander could steal the Anubis mummy. Whew. Yeah. It was one of those episodes. While Nick was mildly annoyed by the manipulation and did his whole tall, dark and grimm routine for like a second, he ultimately let Alex take the mummy to give it a proper funeral because the Wesen stance on displaying the mummified remains of their ancestors is that the whole practice is "grotesque" and "distasteful" and it's kind of making me feel weird about our treatment of human mummies. I mean, when you put it like that... it's a little messed up. 

MEANWHILE, IN THE BACKWOODS OF AUSTRIA? I GUESS?...

Renard's man-on-the-ground in Vienna, Sebastian, got caught by the Royals and tortured into revealing where Adalind, Monster Baby, and Dashing Rescuer were hiding. Monster Baby played mind games with Dashing and Adalind's face, plus that nifty flashback implied that it's "talents" probably had something to do with the two heartbeats the ultrasound tech detected that one time. SWEET. Grimm's monster-baby > Falling Skies' monster-baby, although that may just be because, all things considered, we haven't been over-exposed to Grimm's baby.

AND BACK IN PORTLANDIA...

Monrosalee began their wedding planning and then they were interrupted by Alexander's arrival and being dragged into yet another one of Nick's cases. I love how they complain, but ultimately join in the shenanigans. Mostly, I just love them.

ALL ABOARD AUNT MARIE'S BOOKMOBILE OF CRAZY

– How long do you think it'll be until Wu figures everything out? Or has he already done so? 

– What's the significance of the two heartbeats? 

– Shouldn't a film from 1928 have deteriorated to the point of being unwatchable after just being shoved in a canister in a trailer for who knows how long? 

– I would totally watch a fake documentary about Wesen history and culture (let me show you my fake Star Wars history books while I'm at it). 

What'd you think of "Once We Were Gods"?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2016

Season 5 : Episode 22

67 Comments
Comments (83)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Love this show so much. The Wu storyline in particular. Usually people just find out and are indoctrinated into the gang or they are permanently kept out of the loop. I love that he was exposed to it and it drove him mad. It feels more organic this way. Plus which the Scooby gang is big enough as it is. I also love Reynard has been given his own storylines and not just made a fully-fledged member of the gang. I too think that Wu may find out later and resent Nick and Hank for not letting him know sooner (and rightly so) Plus which I can't wait to see what happens when Nick and Reynard's storylines collide. Love this show. &3
Flag
Was expecting the mummy to come alive and guess Wu will figure everything out in the finale.
Flag
How long do you think it'll be until Wu figures everything out? Or has he already done so?

I gotta think that's going to be an arc that carries on until at least until next season. If I recall, it was 5-6 episodes from when Hank first started to put the pieces together before he saw his first woged wesen and put it together. I've got to imagine that with less screen time, it'll take Wu double that.

Shouldn't a film from 1928 have deteriorated to the point of being unwatchable after just being shoved in a canister in a trailer for who knows how long?

Pish posh...details. What I though was REALLY cool was that even in a fixed media like film, Nick could see a wesen woge while Hank and Juliette couldn't. Personally, I think that's WAY better than the whole you can't take a picture of a vampire thing ;)
Flag
The whole conversation the GG (Grimm Gang) had about Wu pretty much summed up my thoughts from last week. I think when he finally finds out he'll be like oh great so I'm not crazy. I really don't think he has angry bone in his body. It's just not his time.
I can't wait to see how Adalind and Dashing get back to Ptown. I think he is starting to have feelings for them. I'm also seeing Adalind have mommy feelings and that will be an interesting layer for her.
Solid episode this week with Wesen lore and The Wesen council. Sad about Sebastian I wonder if Wesley....oops I mean Vicktor is going to kill him. Probably.
Oh and let's not forget about Alexander.....I'd like to see him around. He is definitely intrigued by Nick. Not sure how he will play into the future. Lots of stuff this episode. I didn't want it to end.
Flag
This week's episode was another great one. I am a little angry with the way Nick and crew (though not all ageed) is handling the Wu situation. Their first plan put him in the mental hospital and the new plan seems to be "ignore it and hope it goes away". Juliet's speech appeared to help though. I think Wu needs to find a Wesen friend/girlfriend that can ease him into understanding.
Flag
Just a general comment here. This has probably been happening for a while, but I particularly noticed it in this episode. The CGI has improved dramatically from went the show first started. I see this as an excellent sign Grimm is going places and will be around for a while. Also all the character are being used more which is also a good sign.
Flag
I would want to watch those Wesen movies in a marathon session!Film would last as long as the environment was relatively stable, and I have seen fragile things live through some pretty harsh environments.
I'm loving the dark stories and hope they keep coming and keep getting creepier; the show is called Grimm!
Flag
Seriously Wu is boring as hell and why is Juliette in every other scene. I thought she was a vet. Those two suck.
Flag
I loved the episode and for me it was nice to see that they just wanted to burn the body because of their traditions and didn't want it displayed. Really unfortunate that they killed a guard trying to do it. And I understand where it's coming from probably being among the few people who don't like to look at mummies for that same reason that this is humans on display.
And Again it showed the difference between Nick and the other Grimms - with the Grimm in the Grimm diaries telling that he just killed the wesen even if the wesen didn't actually do anything.
I loved that Juliette tried to help Wu - it'll be interesting to see if she actually did help him. But at least the episode also addressed why Nick and Hank didn't tell Wu the truth in the hospital last week.
I felt really bad for Sebastian and hope that he'll somehow survive and get away from the royals.
Flag
So, I have this theory about Alexander's role in this episode...

The last time we saw Alexander (at the end of the Grausen episode), he actually seemed a little starstruck by Nick. As in, "Wow. I just had a run-in with a Grimm, and he let me live, and this Grimm is so different! He could be... he might actually be on our side! He is unlike anything we've ever experienced before." (that last sentence was a direct quote.) And his boss instructed him to "monitor" the Grimm.

My guess... he's been monitoring Nick ever since, and has more-or-less liked what he's been seeing. This was the next logical step... to take a tentative step towards cooperating about something, his way, and see how Nick handles it. The mummy was just the first opportunity to do it.

Sure, he actually did need to get that mummy. But he probably could have gotten it without Nick ever knowing he was there - he's a professional, after all. So there must have been another reason he approached Nick. Also, he could have approached Nick directly (Nick's number can't be that hard to find, or he could have just knocked on Nick's front door)... so why did he involve Monroe and Rosalee? Answer: In monitoring Nick, he discovered that he was friends with a Blutbad and a Fuchsbau, and is intrigued. So he approached so he could see the friendship a little more closely. Also, to lay his cards on the table.

I think he was feeling Nick out. Seeing what he would do. Figuring out Nick's ground rules for cooperation - what Nick is, and is not, ok with - so he knows what rules to follow in the future. Because he has something in mind for the future... something even more vitally important to the Council than stopping a mummified Wesen from being put on display.

What is it? Don't know. But something. :)
More+
Flag
Perhaps they too realize "what's coming", i.e. the baby, and figure it could not be a bad thing to have a Grimm on their side when the proverbial dookey hits the wall.
Flag
I am from Austria and I find it really funny how grimm shows Austria.
It looks to me that that they think we all live in castles, farms or in woods.

But on the other side i love it to see the austria storyline, because there is
finally happening something.

So grimm go on like this but please make Austria look better in
the future. =)
Flag
To be fair, the entire show—in particular the European storylines—is modeled off of fairy tales. Castles, cabins in the woods, threatened babies, dangerous royals. It's all so archetypal.
Flag
Yes you´re right and i think thats one of the reasons why we like it.
Flag
As for the second heartbeat, I'd give heavy odds to a doppelgänger.
Flag
it would be so awesome to see a baby in a fake mustache...
Flag
First of all, Alexander is sexxxxy. And adorable when he woges...he looks like a white tiger.
Poor Sebastian! I always liked him and don't blame him for cracking.
I'm liking Adalind more and more as this show goes on.....I can't remember the name of the guy who's taking care of her, but I'm definitely shipping Adalind and Dashing. Please don't die, guy.
I'm so much more interested in the Adalind storyline than anything happening in Portland. I mean, I like the characters in Portland but I just wish there would actually be an interesting serialized storyline going on. Can't wait until next week when they all join together!

What was Wu wearing when he checked out?? A denim jacket over a cream cableknit turtleneck?! I can't decide if it's brilliant or ridiculous....
Flag
It's a little of both! :)
Flag
Snow leopard, I believe.

And you're right about Adalind's storyline right now, but I suspect part of the reason that's working so well is that we only get little savory nuggets. I'm also liking her (and her story) SO MUCH MORE now than when she was in Portland, and I'm thrilled at the prospect of her returning.
Flag
The question is when Nick sees her, will he rush over and give her a welcome home kiss, seconds after biting his own lips... :D

Powers be gone... again!
Flag
That would actually make her interesting again in my opinion - I'm not really a fan of her but I like her story right now probably because she's with Meisner and we see so Little of her
Flag
Poor Wu denied entry into Club Grimm yet again, but I'm sure his time will come !
This episode was good with many of the arcs coming together now heading into the home stretch. Still don't understand the whole 2 heart beats thing with Adalinds baby but good to see she's finally heading back to Portland. It really is amazing too how much they've expanded the Grimm universe, there's the Royals, the Council, the Resistance and now even Egyptian Wesen- Gods ! My theory is Adalinds baby is somehow going to be the game changer, I suspect it may be some kind of hybrid who can channel Wesen powers whilst in human form without the need to Volga.
Flag
Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but is anyone else baffled by Nick's hair? I swear it changes every week, and at no point is it as adorable as season 1's floppy mop. Priorities, people!
Flag
Oh, no! I prefer his hair much more now than Season 1.

And, incidentally, @Laurpr2, I like his beard, and I'd be fine with a little more. (But Juliette's response was funny!)
Flag
Just please, no full beard. ;)
Flag
omg two hearbeats its a timelord!

but seriously for a second I thought it was an average episode but I love how they bought up "if an aswang was my first encounter I'd have lost it too" that was my point I mean that was one seriously creepy wesen no wonder Wu was messed up. However Juliettes little heart to heart seemed more like an effort to give her some screen time. I know I wouldn't have bought it. I'm sure Wu's "problems" aren't quite done yet.

with the teasers for the upcoming episodes gearing up for end of season its looking to get good.
Flag
Great episode and finally another one that sheds light on the history and culture of the Wesen. Of course, the Egyptian Gods were Wesen! Why didn't we think of that! On Monroe's comment about "we were's Gods once, what happened?". I think Monroe should remember that humanity oftentimes has a tendency to turn against their gods whenever they don't get what they expect from their deities, and sometimes in very nasty ways.

I think the Wesen council's involvement in this episode is a foreshadowing of things to come. Although they're going still going to place some distance between them and much of the events in Portland since Season One, I wouldn't be surprised if they establish a local office what with their interest in Nick and the likely convergence of the Royals in Portland. They're going to get involved, but not in anyway overt. I don't think they would want to risk a war with the Royals but they still have an obligation to the Wesen Communityl

On the matter of the two heartbeats, the only theory I could come up with is that Adalind has twins that one of the twins is vibrating at a different wavelength (shades of Fringe!). Consequently, it's existing in a different dimension and only comes into view at certain times. The other possibility is Adalind has only one child but it can shift in and out of our dimension and the the movement is causing a "echo" that sounds like it has two heartbeats.
More+
Flag
I think in the show you will eventually have all four sides in Portland; Royals, Council,resistance and Nick,Renard and friends.
Flag
"(In other news: how 'bout that waterboarding technique?)"

I know! And besides waterboarding the guy, they made him wear a bloody shirt. That was pretty disgusting and an inhumane form of torture.
Flag
Wow this episode really opened it up. They can literally make any mythological thing a Wesen. And I kind of like that Loch Ness Wesen? Sure. Abonimable snow Wesen.? Absolutely. Anything really. I like this show. It could have been a gimmick or a niche kind of show but this show has a lot of depth and thought out behind it and I as a viewer, appreciate that.

The he one thing though. Adalind and Nick are on a collision course. I mean the whole purpose of getting to Zurich is to bring them to the states, Portland of course so that Renard can protect them and that has to involve Nick. But Nick hates adalind and my guess is that the feeling is mutual. But she is coming and my guess is at some point that Adalind is going to be a member of the Scooby squad. Which should be fun. Maybe the baby can mess with Juliette's mind a little.

Also, I say Wu knows that he isn't crazy and suspects that he saw something. But I doubt he is going to get fully clued in until the season finale.
Flag
The Adalind/Nick meeting will happen next week. Mama Grimm (who I remind everybody killed Adalind's mom) is going to bring her to Nick's place so Nick can protect her. Nick seems surprised and Adalind is like oh crap I am being protected by the guy who un-wesened me in the first place.
Flag
This was a good episode, but I really can't wait for the next one.
Flag
Oh, also, loved the fact that Nick, Hank, and Sean all seriously considered the possibility that the mummy came alive. And then it turned out that this was not the case. Nice twist on the usual mummy storyline. :D
Flag
I hold my hands up and did expect it to happen. Nice that it didn't!
Flag
I call it now. Nick and Adalind will be couple in future. They are meant to be together.
Flag
Really?? I do not see it. I like her and Sean together. I think he really does love her. If he didn't then he would not hope/think that the baby is his... However if it turns out to be Nicalind I will watch
Flag
ALEXANDER! I've missed you so! :) Love that we're getting further hints that the Wesen Council's position on Nick is changing. I've been waiting for Alexander to return since the Grausen episode, and I really hope the Wesen council plotline leads somewhere juicy. Preferably with a lot more Alexander. :)

Oh, and Monroe's reactions to him were priceless, btw. :)

Ok, the rest that was not about the Wesen council:
- Finally, I'm starting to care about the Austria storyline. Apparently all it took was for Sebastian to get tortured. Poor Sebastian...

I think the problem I always had with the Austria storyline, since the beginning, is that it's completely centered around Adalind. Who is not a protagonist. Nor is she supposed to be a damsel in distress. She's an antagonist, which means her role is to make life miserable for our protagonists (which, btw, she was best at, back when she was human). Without her torturing any protagonists, it just felt like the show was wasting time with her.

- Hmm... kind of torn on how they dealt with Wu. Kind of wish he'd taken Juliette's message, that it really didn't matter so much whether they were real or not, what matters is that he doesn't live in fear of them. Or maybe he did, and just didn't want to say it while still within hearing distance of the doctors. :)

Loved Juliette in this episode, btw. And... I think this may be the first time I've ever written those words.

- Wow, there was so much going on. So many different things. And there were a lot of fast cuts to completely different storylines - Anubis, to Adalind, to Wu, to MonRosalee with Alexander, back to Adalind... kind of got whiplash, but in a good way.
More+
Flag
How long do you think until Wu figures everything out? I'm really worried that once Wu finds evidence that he wasn't hallucinating, he'll be seriously ticked off with both Nick and Hank, maybe even enough to join the bad side (I see the Royal contingent heading to Portland soon). And I think he'll be finding out sooner rather than later.

What's the significance of two heartbeats? I'm not too sure; how about the ability to astral project. The more important question I'd like answered is does Renard have any special abilities as a royal besides waking sleeping girls from comas?

Shouldn't the film have deteriorated? It was locked in a box, maybe that protected it.

I would totally watch a fake documentary on wessen culture. I'll bring the popcorn.
Flag
I thought that last night's episode of Grimm was a bit shocking. I loved that Juliette went to help Wu get back to normal. The history lesson was interesting. I give last night's episode of Grimm tow thumbs up!!
Flag
Here's my take on the significance of the two heartbeats: the baby has the ability to exist in two places at once, or if not exactly exist then to appear in two places.

It was sort of sweet seeing Juliette come to Wu's aid. Yay, another example of Juliette being helpful!
Flag
The things about the episode that annoyed me were :

• Captain Renard. How is it that a Royal (even part Royal) doesn't have a clue about the Anubis wessen but a clockmaker and a spice shop wessen know all about them?
  • Which makes me wonder if Capt Renard has any real invested interest in actually helping Nick or even the resistance? If the Royals were finished tomorrow, would he cheer with the resistance or would he suddenly decide that the power vacuum suddenly need to be filled by the proper person? He tends to only help if it is helping him. Just something that has started to annoy me with him.
  • Monroe (and I suppose Rosalee) were proud of the fact that in old times wessen used to "Lord" it over non-wessen as rock-star-gods but then shocked that the very people that they lorded over decided to use them for their own (silly) beliefs by mummifying them in a voged state.

I'm not saying the Anubis wessen deserved to be mummified or tortured into a permanent voge but by the sounds of it they weren't upset about using their 'gifts' to Lord it over others. Treat others how you wish to be treated.

Everything else (other then the Adalind bits ) I liked. I also liked that Nick could see the Anubis voge on film but Juliet and Hank couldn't, that was cool.

I, like others also liked the proper burial as well as the shared wessen experience when they each voged.

Overall, great episode as always.
More+
Flag
  • You have to remember though, for the most part the "what is this wesen" and other wesen conversations mainly happen with MonRosalee not Renard. There has only been a few of those conversations with him.
  • He has to have at least some investment in the resistance being half wesen himself. He kind of knows his family but seems to have traveled with his hexenbeist mother more. Plus in a way you have to wonder if he wanted to fill the power vacuum himself than why did he not travel to Vienna himself and take over instead of spying on his cousin who took Eric's place?
  • I don't think that MonRosalee were necessarily proud of the fact that " old times wessen used to "Lord" it over non-wessen as rock-star-gods but then shocked that the very people that they lorded over decided to use them for their own (silly) beliefs by mummifying them in a voged state." I think it was a matter of thinking back and seeing how some wesen were once revered and now kind of have to hide in a way. I think it was less about the lord it over and more about how times have changed for wesen. Plus, they did mention that a lot of slaves died just so they could find a woged anubis wesen just to kill and mummify it.
More +
Flag
I think my issue with this episode and Renard was that they mentioned to him in the station that maybe "Karl" was vessen and he just acted like he didn't know, whereas Monroe and Rosalee just instantly knew that the Anubis were vessen. I suppose I just expected someone of his "stature/royalty" would be educated about all the different types of vessen there are in the world.

Plus in a way you have to wonder if he wanted to fill the power vacuum himself than why did he not travel to Vienna himself and take over instead of spying on his cousin who took Eric's place?

While he maybe considered to be "of Royal blood" he is still the bastard son of a Royal and I doubt wouldn't even be considered as an option to take over after his brother died rather then any other full blood Royalty that may exist eg Viktor. Should all the Royals die (say in a uprising by a resistance) then he would be able to make claim, but until then he would most likely just be considered an outcast. Still a partial Royal but in the eyes of the actual Royalty. still an outcast.

More +
Flag
I've always thought that Renard had is own agenda and that he complies with either side as it suits his purpose. I can't quite buy him being a good guy but its not that hes a bad guy either.
Flag
Overall a solid episode Nick reminded us just how talented he is at beating Wessen to a pulp and Juliette actually did something useful. Grimm is at it's best when Nick gets down and dirty and actually fights hopefully down the track we will get some more zombie powered nick because I really liked that it just addeda extra layer to nick as a Grimm which was dark and fun to watch. I'm really starting to like Adalind very handsome guardian he seems to care about her and her demon baby, and I have a feeling Adalind is starting to develop feelings for him, which will be nice, every demon baby needs a dad or 2. I just saw the trailer for next week and it looks like a blast can't wait.
Flag
How long do you think it'll be until Wu figures everything out? Or has he already done so?
I think they will never recruit Wu in the Grimm team... of course i wish they do... But Nick doesnt seem too keen

What's the significance of the two heartbeats?
Wow that is a very good question.. i have no clue... someone has a theory on this? This is a total mystery for me... Up to now, I don't even know what powers the royals have.. But the baby is really magical, it has been doing weird things even before birth...

Shouldn't a film from 1928 have deteriorated to the point of being unwatchable after just being shoved in a canister in a trailer for who knows how long?
Maybe the Grimms have someways to preserve the films... Like how the Anubis preserve their woged form after death.. But the preservation aint important.for the film...

I would totally watch a fake documentary about Wesen history and culture (let me show you my fake Star Wars history books while I'm at it).
Like any other sci-fi documentaries... count me in...

More+
Flag
Me too, the wesen myth arc is one of the greatests (and more consistent) thing about the show!
Flag
If the Anubis were Egyptian, why were the two in this episode named Karl and Robert? It kinda of took away from the fact that they had a ancestral stake in the whole thing.
Flag
Based on the fact that Rosalee said in the episode that many hot headed teens wanted to join the Beati Paoli. I doubt that these two members had to be Egyptian to be invested. Even MonRosalee were not happy about the idea of this Anubis being displayed, so it might not have been about having an ancestral stake, even though at least one of the members that were shown was an Anubis. For all we know one or both were born to white parents and they moved to Egypt and grew up there. Or it might have just been the fact that wesen were being found an displayed so it did not matter that they were the same ethnicity as the dead.
Flag
Well, Egypt has about a 10-20% ratio of Christians, and some of them have Western names, or maybe they were originally from Egypt or something?
Flag
Well, they didn't look Egyptian, either... :)
Flag
This was a strange episode for me, but it was still pretty good. I guess it just didn't have the same intensity that the last couple of episodes have had. But while I thought the two thugs were evil for attacking the guards and the archeologist, I understood why the wessen wanted the mummy given a proper burial. What a horrific way to die, in fear and pain, just to have his voge able to be mummified.

I'm glad Nick allowed Alexander to burn the mummy, but Nick shouldn't trust Alexander as far as I could throw him. And I'll say this right now, the Council is far more evil than those 2 thieves. The way Alexander told Nick he should just go ahead and kill Carl was not just cold-blooded, it was also dismissive and patronizing. Nick is a cop, not the Council's assassin.

I'm worried that the Council figured out that Monroe and Rosalee have been helping Nick. I agree that being caught between them is too dangerous. They have enough trouble with their new future in-laws to now be worrying about what the Council may be up to as well.

I'm really glad that Juliet was able to help Wu, and he's at least coping with his fear. And while I wish he was in on the big secret, at least what he saw is no longer shattering his psyche.

I'm not too surprised that wessen were once thought to be gods and goddesses in ancient times, it makes perfect sense. And I wish that we could've found out more about that culture. I'm just hoping a future episode may have spend more time on the "Anubis" wessen.
More+
Flag
I don't actually think that the Council knowing about MonRosalee and Nick will be a problem. From the little we've seen of the Council, they seem to have one overriding concern: keep the world at large from figuring out that Wesen exist. Everything that they've done in the three episodes that we've seen them in, can be attributed to them making any threats to their secrecy, go away. And MonRosalee being friends with Nick, isn't a threat to the secrecy of Wesen existence, in any way.

On the contrary... I think Alexander, at least, views Nick's friendship with MonRosalee as yet another intriguing clue about what makes Nick, Nick. After all, the last time we'd seen Alexander, he was, in fact, trying to influence his boss to see things Nick's way (regarding the Grausen), and said that he believed Nick was "unlike anything we've ever seen before." When Nick had finished talking to him, Alexander actually seemed kind of awed and inspired by him. And then Alexander was instructed to "monitor the Grimm." Which basically means, keep an eye on him, and see what he does.

I think the matter-of-fact way he "suggested" that Nick kill the guy that had broken Wesen law, was either 1) a pragmatist's (and Alexander is nothing if not a pragmatist) solution to the problem of, "this guy committed a capital crime. But the grimm will not let me kill on his turf," problem, or 2) a test, to see if Nick would just agree the way most Grimms would, and if not, then why not, or 3) both.
More +
Flag
You make some good points, but I'm still very wary of the Council. What might seem to be reasonable behavior right now could easily turn if they think Nick is going against their interests. I mean, there is probably reason that Rosalee and Monroe are worried about getting between Nick and them.
Flag
I agree with you about the council they can't be trusted and Alexander well as said he is a assassin, he will do what ever it takes to get the job done, that man is cold and is the type of person to be all job and no play.
Flag
Excellent summation of this episode. You've said everything I would have said, but far more eloquently. Noticably you did not mention adalind. But again if I were writing I would have missed her out as well. That part of the story barely registered for me. Thank you.
Flag
Thank you.

I'm not really into Adalind's story just yet, I'm waiting for when she meets back up with Nick. That should be when the real fun starts to happen.
Flag
I just want to say before I talk about this week's episode of Grimm:Oh the irony playing out next week. I mean think about it: Nick un-Hexenbeist's Adalind, then his mom (Mama Grimm) kill's Adalind's mom. Yet next week, the woman who killed her mom ends up taking her to the man who temporarily un-Wesened her for protection. Oh Grimm!'
Anyway, I kind of thought it was amusing. Once the guy from the Wesen council told Nick that the council wanted him to kill the Anubis I thought something was up. Kind of guessed that he was going to take the Anubis mummy. I mean I believe that Nick made it clear before that he did not kill every Wesen he dealt with even if they were doing something criminal. He had a chance to kill this same guy before and he did not. I also figured that Nick was going to let it slide even though he did not appreciate being lied to.
I also liked that they went to see Wu in this episode, and it was nice that Juliet ended up helping him get over the Aswang sighting (that we know of) even though what he saw was actually real (and Juliet knows it's real).
I was actually wondering if the Royals would catch Adalind. I was a little disappointing though because I was secretly hoping that possible demon baby would magically deal with the Wesen henchmen as well as Viktor's. Plus Meisner needs to get at least a little revenge for his dead girlfriend. And poor Sebastein, but I had a feeling that he would fold to the Royals, normally with torture they say something.
The only thing I was a little sad about was not enough MonRosalee.
More+
Flag
Don't forget that Adalind at one point attacked Juliet by putting a spell on her that caused her to go into a coma. Nick turned Adalind human, in order to protect his friends from her witchcraft. Never mind the fact that she also hired several guys who beat up Hank, in a vain attempt to get back at Nick for rejecting her/turning her human. Adalind is far from a noble character, I mean the only reason she got pregnant with a royal in the first place was to regain her powers. And considering that the baby has some interesting telekinetic abilities that have yet to be explained, I can kinda see why Nick's Mom would ask Nick to protect her.

At this point I think it's pretty much inevitable that bringing Adalind back to Portland and having Nick protect her will cause a bigger conflict to erupt in Portland between the royals and the resistance. I think having Nick protect Adalind may just be a plot device that forces Nick to take a more direct role in the resistance against the royals. If you really think about it Nick hasn't really had a direct role in the resistance, he's mostly been a pawn that the both sides like to wave at each other. In fact this whole season seems to be thrusting Nick into a role where he's truly forced to take a more personal stand against the royals.
More +
Flag
I was waiting for the baby to kill them all or at least do something powerful, doesn't matter maybe it will happen in another episode, I found with grim they don't give us info for no reason so I have a feeling Meisner with the help of Adalind and maybe the baby he will get his revenge.
Flag
Personally I accidentally ended up watching "on Grimm next week" and it has largely taken away the suspense and speculation for next weeks episode. Doh!
Flag
I always like when they bring other culture's beliefs into the show and I think they did a good job with the Anubis. It was also a nice little twist that the anarchist Wesen group wasn't in it for the killing, but more so to protect their heritage. Even though Alexander gave the mummy an honorable burial, I still feel he his agenda doesn't mix with Nick's or even Monroe's/Rosalee's, for that matter.
Flag
I thing Monroe and Rosalee were ok with the fact that the council wanted to give the Anubis a proper burial. They said that they did not want the Anubis to be displayed and that this meant a lot to them. Nick was more upset that Alexander lied to him than the fact that the council wanted to steal the mummy and give it a proper burial. If the Alexander had been a little more upfront with Nick I think that Nick ultimately would have turn a blind eye and let the mummy have the honorable burial, though he might have wrestled with it a bit first.
Flag
Agreed, still just not sure that all of Alexander's/the Council's motives are as noble. I feel they're kinda like the Volturi. We'll see!
Flag
Are they trying to convince us thst Anubis are a separate Wesen? What about Schakal?
Flag
Or a Höllentier, for that matter.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members